R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #481
Tech Apprentice

We have not posted before this because there is so much negativity from "experts" in the industry that have to share their opinions to stir things up. We are not here for them. We are here to support the actual users of Team Magic products and will respond to their needs and questions. In the mean time the list of Team Magic dealers across the US and now Canada is growing rapidly.

The E4FS and E4RS are designed to be LiPo friendly. Unfortunately there is no form factor standard for lipos to follow so it is not possible to predict which batteries will fit. The latest versions of the E4 have an open design that allows the battery containment area to be raised for thicker batteries by placing spacers between the chassis and battery brackets. This might compromise the stiffness and handling capabilities a bit but if you are stuffing a huge pack in the car that is probably not your biggest concern. If you are using a racing pack this does not apply.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #482
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Hobbies View Post
We have not posted before this because there is so much negativity from "experts" in the industry that have to share their opinions to stir things up. We are not here for them. We are here to support the actual users of Team Magic products and will respond to their needs and questions. In the mean time the list of Team Magic dealers across the US and now Canada is growing rapidly.

The E4FS and E4RS are designed to be LiPo friendly. Unfortunately there is no form factor standard for lipos to follow so it is not possible to predict which batteries will fit. The latest versions of the E4 have an open design that allows the battery containment area to be raised for thicker batteries by placing spacers between the chassis and battery brackets. This might compromise the stiffness and handling capabilities a bit but if you are stuffing a huge pack in the car that is probably not your biggest concern. If you are using a racing pack this does not apply.

thanks
I'm happy that there is someone in the U.S. that supports the car
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #483
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Hobbies View Post
It is also a very durable car. We let a lot of people drive it at several tracks and it took a real beating. To date we have not broken a single part on the car. It is still exactly as it was when we first put it together. After hundreds of laps it still has exactly the same readings on the setup station as it did when it was new.
I'm not trying to bash but that's gotta be a joke. I've seen E4s and I've seen broken E4s on hits that any other car would have sustained without even any tweak, mine did at least. To me the E4 is a fragile car and that's it.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #484
Tech Apprentice

As a recent convert to the E4 from Tamiya I can just say that this car is soo fast, well mannered easy to drive and very easy to setup.

After running Tamiya's for years and we all know that they are built like tanks and can shrug off some horrendous accidents, I do find that the E4 is a little fragile, however I don't mind this as I ran Schumacher's before and almost needed a permanent feed of wishbones to keep the car running. And the shunts that I have had with the E4 have been pretty major.

Wolf has helped me with sourcing parts and a car and is very easy to talk to and get advice from.

I would recommend his approach however unconventional this is in todays market place and we in the UK wish him all the luck with Team Magic, cause the UK distributor won't import the electric TM cars.
Mi2_Tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #485
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default e4

Good luck with the car. When it becomes much more widely used, I'll consider it.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #486
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjacobs View Post
Good luck with the car. When it becomes much more widely used, I'll consider it.
Same here, even if its just 1 or 2 others at my track using it. I love the design of it.

EDIT: oooh TM are going to release a budget E4 labeled the E4JS. It still looks sweet!

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 02-04-2008 at 09:20 PM.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #487
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

My E4FS is a tank compared to my Type R and BMI Cyclone. The CVDs and arms have been beefed up from the original version. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that the FS comes with the same soft springs as the RS and has a nylon battery door that causes some flex in the chassis. The springs are an easy fix and the aluminum tray is a most for foam carpet but expensive. I agree the car is crazy fast and has tons of steering. Best of luck to Wolf Hobbies.
Tomradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #488
Suspended

wolf hobbies, now I know why you do not post on forums about anything, you do not know what you are taking about, except what you read. Are you a compulsive story teller? What track to you test at? How many laps on the car and do you really have, hundreds or ZERO? Distributors should not be telling stories, which is a BAD business relation. What factory driver in your area that is driving the car for you and driving hundreds of laps and not breaking it? I moved about 2hours from your area over a year ago and very good friends with the guys that owns the only track that has not raced or practiced electric in the last 10 weeks in your 3 hour driving radius.

Last edited by nitroballer9; 02-05-2008 at 12:20 PM.
nitroballer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #489
Super Moderator

does anybody know the lbs rating for the stock shock springs ?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #490
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
does anybody know the lbs rating for the stock shock springs ?
No you didn't

the answers are on this thread: http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204165

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204165
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #491
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas P View Post
Did anyone ave any info on the "new" rubber E4 ? Will it be similar to the Carpet car, but thinner chassi ?

When will it be available in the shops, or can the old be upgraded, is the fittnes better in that car? the stock one i have is heavely shimed.

And one more thing, arnt the shops worldwide intrested of this car and it parts? i know 2 shops and they are most of the time out of parts...that can only means the car is weak or team magic dont produce parts enough or they arnt intressted having parts in stock?
try here: http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204165
Old 02-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #492
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
thanks!!i must of read past it and yes i did ill have pics soon,the car is SWEET!! (47 ounces ready to race)
Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #493
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroballer9 View Post
wolf hobbies, now I know why you do not post on forums about anything, you do not know what you are taking about, except what you read. Are you a compulsive story teller? What track to you test at? How many laps on the car and do you really have, hundreds or ZERO? Distributors should not be telling stories, which is a BAD business relation. What factory driver in your area that is driving the car for you and driving hundreds of laps and not breaking it? I moved about 2 hours from your area over a year ago and very good friends with the guys that owns the only track that has not raced or practiced electric in the last 12 weeks in your 3 hour driving radius. Matter a fact; my friend was one of those guys that had the TM car and was in the hobby shop when you promised parts to your local shop for him and he never received them when you promised them. That is why I sold my TM and will never own a TM car again; because of your lack of honesty and you are the USA distributors for TM?
Please keep your personal issues to your self and them person you adress them to...that's why we have PMs. We dont go around thrashing others in public like you're doing here...its not classy bro..dont ake this the wrong way, either...just letting you know that comments like these should be done via PM...

I'm thinking of getting a TM car soon...I'l comapre it my awesome Type R and see which is best...the Losi will be hard to beat, though
Old 02-05-2008, 09:39 AM   #494
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Please keep your personal issues to your self and them person you adress them to...that's why we have PMs. We dont go around thrashing others in public like you're doing here...its not classy bro..dont ake this the wrong way, either...just letting you know that comments like these should be done via PM...

I'm thinking of getting a TM car soon...I'l comapre it my awesome Type R and see which is best...the Losi will be hard to beat, though
i agree , and i will be comparing the car to my type r this weekend too
Old 02-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #495
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
thanks!!and yes i did ill have pics soon,the car is SWEET!! (47 ounces ready to race)
Congratulations! i hope it turns out really nice...

Now we'll bombard you with a few questions...

Which kit did you get?
how was the building process? Parts quality, fit and finish?
Better room for electronics than the Type R?
Have you done a test run, yet?
Is it more reactive than the Type R?
Easy to work on?