R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #3691
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

I also had some ideas so I have tried to make a new chassis. What do you think?
Allover the chassis is a little bit narrower. It should give enough flex at the rear, the front is more stiff, but I think it will be to stiff^^

I also made new topdecks, because the new chassis will have a little bit less flex now, the topdeck should have more, especially at the rear. But here also I think it´s to stiff at the front. I will change some parts after my exams and if I get some money I will try out this.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-1.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-2.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-3.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-4.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-5.jpg  

SebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:18 AM   #3692
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
You had that for about six months. Why did give up on it?
Because I don't use it and would like to pass it along to someone that does. Work and family live are keeping me away from the track. The car is awesome. By far the best car I have ever driven hands down.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 AM   #3693
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Nice work Seb!
I thought I'd share a couple of pics.
I managed to cut the prototype from 2mm material. It's a bit twisty but did work quite well last weekend. Very smooth and consistent. I've got some irons in the fire to hopefully get some production versions made by summer. I made a few small modifications (not shown in these pics) to make parts fit better and a mod to the upper deck as well. I like it so far so I will keep moving forward with this project.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-img_0594-comp.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-img_0596-comp.jpg  
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #3694
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
Nice work Seb!
I thought I'd share a couple of pics.
I managed to cut the prototype from 2mm material. It's a bit twisty but did work quite well last weekend. Very smooth and consistent. I've got some irons in the fire to hopefully get some production versions made by summer. I made a few small modifications (not shown in these pics) to make parts fit better and a mod to the upper deck as well. I like it so far so I will keep moving forward with this project.
So the battery is just taped in? Whats holding it from moving side to side other than the tape? Will you be planning any additional chassis pieces that would hold the battery in place allowing the battery to be installed without tape with just the top and bottom plates sandwiching the battery?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #3695
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
So the battery is just taped in? Whats holding it from moving side to side other than the tape? Will you be planning any additional chassis pieces that would hold the battery in place allowing the battery to be installed without tape with just the top and bottom plates sandwiching the battery?
I may implement some brackets but the battery sits in a pocket which will keep it from moving around.
I want to avoid having the battery contact the upper brace as it will influence the flex of the brace. This is a problem for those who squeeze in a pack that is a bit too tall into the space. The upper deck must be free to twist and flex for it to be effective and consistent.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #3696
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
I may implement some brackets but the battery sits in a pocket which will keep it from moving around.
I want to avoid having the battery contact the upper brace as it will influence the flex of the brace. This is a problem for those who squeeze in a pack that is a bit too tall into the space. The upper deck must be free to twist and flex for it to be effective and consistent.
I noticed that the steering on my E4JS has been very inconsistent and sometimes erratic. It didn't do that when I first got the car. I thought it had something to do with the aluminum upgrades I made which changed the way the chassis flexes but from what you said it now makes sense because the inconsistency started when I started using the larger capacity Lipos which fitted rather tightly. Thanks. I almost gave up on the E4 completely.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #3697
Tech Rookie

Hi,

you are right, it is very important that you have enough space between top of the LiPo pack and the Top Deck, to make sure the Chassie can work with the Flex. I used shims under the Top DeckScrews and have now minimum space of 1mm with the newest LiPo Packs.

I have a open Case by SpecR, if they can build a Gear Diff for the E4, some drivers here in Germany are using it (Yokomo and Tamiya) in rear and in front, it works perfect and give a lot of more steering and out power of the corners.

See you soon,
Marcel
bluesilver_GER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #3698
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So your saying that tamiya and yokomo gear diff fits the TM E4?

Rick did test the prototype chassis and car looks very consistent through out the whole race..

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #3699
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
So your saying that tamiya and yokomo gear diff fits the TM E4?

Rick did test the prototype chassis and car looks very consistent through out the whole race..
I think he meant that they make gear diffs for the two other cars and is asking them if they will make one for the E4, not that they actually fit our cars.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:09 AM   #3700
Tech Rookie

Correct, the Tamiya or Yokomo did not fit in the E4, i ask SpecR if it is possible to build GearDiff´s for the E4...
bluesilver_GER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #3701
Tech Elite

This thread has been quiet lately what's going on guys...

Old 03-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #3702
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Been running Yodogs rear spacer and now i have a "problem" .
I got a very planted rear end now and have to adjust it or the front to get more steering
In fast sweepers i need to get of the throttle to get it to turn in,otherwise i will end up outside the track.
The car is very different to drive after placing the rear damper spacer,but in a good way.
Fastest track time for me stayed almost the same but average time has gone down a lot
Now i need to dail in the front end.
This was a first for me that i didn't have enough steering with the TM E4RS.
Shame that one of the nitro guys smashed into the rear of the car and broke a rear axle,the only part i didn't carry with me
Will try next week to get the front dailed in again.
Yodog? Many thanks for the parts
They work like a charm.

regards Roy
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:55 PM   #3703
Tech Elite

We are glad to hear that.. Just wait for the chassis it will be even better...

Old 03-30-2011, 12:12 AM   #3704
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Even better??
Can this be possible??

regards Roy

Quote:
We are glad to hear that.. Just wait for the chassis it will be even better...
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #3705
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
This thread has been quiet lately what's going on guys...
Just driving the hell out of this great chassis. Now have 3 E4FS cars. Stocking up on parts deals when I can. Concentrating on VTA right now and this chassis is just outstanding for it.
Anybody heard any more news about the updated E4 from Team Magic ??
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote