R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #3631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm fortunate to race with Yodog at our local track and I get to test all the prototypes parts his designing.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #3632
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

+++ for Yodog
At the moment he is the only one who is doing some work for the TM E4
Keep it up Rick.
Your doing a hell of a good job.

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
You're always on my list, Roy.
For now, I just hope to get one or two cut just to try.
Once I get the 2.5mm stock in, I should have more to share. I just want everybody to be clear on what I'm doing here. I happen to be fortunate enough to have access to a 3D printer and machine shop and I am doing this work on the side. Sometimes I get more time in the shop and sometimes not so much. I really like the E4 and enjoy designing parts to make them better however, I'm not doing this as a business. The prices I quote are primarily to recoupe my cost for making the parts. Heck, maybe someone might take notice and think I might be a good candidate as a designer/R&D developer for an RC company.
If interested, you guys should take a look at some of my other work in the 1/8th electric on road threads. I've got a bunch of ideas and often find it difficult to find the time to realize them all. I really appreciate everybody's enthusiasm for what I am doing. All I ask is that everybody please be patient as I don't want to let you guys down.

Thanks for the support.
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #3633
Tech Elite

Lucky you Jochim.
It is always nice to try out some new parts on a car and see how they work.

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I'm fortunate to race with Yodog at our local track and I get to test all the prototypes parts his designing.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #3634
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thank you guys,
I really appreciate your support!
I'm back to work today so let's see how much I can get done before Friday.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #3635
Tech Master

Let's not forget that Wolfe is still supporting the E4 with aftermarket parts that work as good if not better than the Kfactory parts at a much better price.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #3636
Tech Elite

Hey i am not forgetting Wolf as they have supplied me with a lot of beautifull red parts
Some of them are really rare(lucky me) and they work just great.
You on the other hand are making new experimental parts to get the car perform even better as it is doing already.
Perhaps your parts will go in to production for TM if they work as you want

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
Let's not forget that Wolfe is still supporting the E4 with aftermarket parts that work as good if not better than the Kfactory parts at a much better price.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #3637
Tech Rookie

Hi!

I have a E4JS and the main chassi and rear chassi part broke in a quite small crash a while ago.
Now Im thinking of upgrade my car and wonder if anyone know if I will be able to move everything from my E4JS and mount it on one of the carbonfiber chassi for E4, E4RS or E4FS?
Or must I buy allot of more parts to do that operation? If its possible at all.
1:18 Xray M18 | M18 Pro
1:10 Kyosho Spider TF-2 Ford F150 | Robitronic Avid V2 | Team Magic E4JS
1:8 Nanda NRT-3 BL | Robitronic Protos
1:5 FG Porsche GT3 RSR | MCD RR Evo3 m.m.
Tozze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #3638
Tech Elite

I think it's completly different but some of the parts are interchangeable.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #3639
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozze View Post
Hi!

I have a E4JS and the main chassi and rear chassi part broke in a quite small crash a while ago.
Now Im thinking of upgrade my car and wonder if anyone know if I will be able to move everything from my E4JS and mount it on one of the carbonfiber chassi for E4, E4RS or E4FS?
Or must I buy allot of more parts to do that operation? If its possible at all.
Not worth the trouble. I've been there. If you want to upgrade just get the RS or FS complete. The parts on the main chassis are somewhat compatible but don't function the same if you change the chassis plate simply because the way the JS holds a battery in place vs. the RS or FS is completely different. You best bet is to just repair the damage for now and maybe consider upgrading to the Yodog chassis when that is availble because that will solve the battery compartment issues when transferring parts from your JS over.

I know how you broke. The rear chassis plate broke and when it did, the screws mounting onto the main chassis ripped out of the mounts on the main chassis taking out a piece of the main chassis with it. This is the problem with the multi-piece chassis design. Its a great idea if the main chassis was made of something durable like carbon fiber and aluminum with the weaker ABS pieces for the front and rear but with all the chassis piece made of ABS there is no strength in that design.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #3640
Tech Master

Hello guys,
a quick update on parts.
I'm almost finished with 10 aluminum rear tower spacers and they will be available on Monday. I now have several black ABS body supports ready to ship also. I will most likely only make these in plastic for awhile since they are very light and don't require much strength. Not to mention I can make them much faster in the 3D printer. I have a few battery trays left and may not make any more once the chassis are ready. I finished the chassis model last night and sourced the 2.5mm carbon plate. I need to find a shop that can cut the plate for me at a good price since our shop is not really set up for this type of material. Side braces are falling a little behind as they are more complicated to machine but I will get back to them soon.
Some of you guys are waiting on parts and I will be shipping all that I can on Monday.
Thanks for your patience.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-new-chassis-plate.jpg  
Old 02-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #3641
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey gents, has anybody looked into a redesign for the upper brace , left rear upper deck mount area. I haven't read all the posts but I remember seeing some complaints about this in the past. Certain motors not fitting, problems with sensor wire location, etc.
I'm asking because it seems to be a pretty straight forward fix. The most difficult part would be getting someone to make a slightly redesigned upper deck and slightly redesigned upper brace (the one behind and above the motor). The other hardware is pretty simple.
This would allow easier movement of the motor at the mount and the sensor wire would no longer create a problem. YoDog, maybe this is something you've already thought about ??

BTW, I now have twins. Got a second E4FS today. I think I'm hooked. Had a great experience with Wolf at Wolf Hobbies too. I ordered some small but critical parts and had a problem with shipping costs. He and Paula took the time to find and correct the software issue so I could get my stuff in a timely manner. This kind of service I like !!

Last edited by Evoracer; 02-04-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #3642
Tech Elite

++++++1 on Wolf service

regards Roy
Old 02-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #3643
Tech Elite

Rick,

I would suggest to contact BMI racing to cut the chassis. They started just like you designing and making upgrade parts for different vehicle I'm pretty sure they can help out on getting the chassis cut.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #3644
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Here's another company that might be able to hhttp://www.xtremercracing.com/elp.
Bruce is a good guy.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #3645
Tech Master

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I thought I'd comment on the left rear top plate mount. I only had to machine a clearance in the mount to add a little more room and haven't had a problem with motors fitting since. As far as the sensor wire goes, I designed the new side brace to guide the cable away from the side belt so that hasn't been an issue either. I mainly only use the Express DUO1 motors which are a squared end design. Perhaps some other motors are a tighter fit, I don't know.
Due to the design of the car, I never though that I could change motors without pulling the side belt, brace and top plate support but I suppose a redesign could be in order to make it easier.
I'll look into it.