Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Magic E4 Thread >

Team Magic E4 Thread

Team Magic E4 Thread

Reply

Old 06-04-2009, 12:46 PM
  #2161  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,134
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JonnySocko View Post
Howard,

You have PM.

Socko
Thanks Socko...let me know when you are in town and we can bring our E4 for some outdoor parking lot racing...
Solara is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM
  #2162  
Tech Regular
 
nocif13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: france MARSEILLE
Posts: 289
Default

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Thanks for the setup, you sure that is not your typical "RAIN" setup right..? We American here cannot afford to fix wet speedo, wet lipo and wet brushless motor LOL
my setup is the same only changing tires dry Saturday and Sunday rain I used the same setup all weekend

in dry i used a sorex 36r
nocif13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:52 PM
  #2163  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,134
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nocif13 View Post
my setup is the same only changing tires dry Saturday and Sunday rain I used the same setup all weekend

in dry i used a sorex 36r
Awesome...and I like the RC Manufactory Stickers on your shell...
Solara is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:56 PM
  #2164  
Tech Regular
 
nocif13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: france MARSEILLE
Posts: 289
Default

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Awesome...and I like the RC Manufactory Stickers on your shell...
me too

http://teammagice4.blogspot.com

more setup in my blog ,only for E4
nocif13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:00 PM
  #2165  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Oops! I forgot droop
5/-3 f/r
John St.Amant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:10 PM
  #2166  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nocif13 View Post
me too

http://teammagice4.blogspot.com

more setup in my blog ,only for E4
I noticed that the hole for the negative battery lead is miss drilled on Daves car too. It seriously needs to move 4mm to the right. I had to hog the hole out to get mine to plug in. This shot must have been taken before he fit a pack in the car. Or he isn't using barrel connectors on his car. I sure would like to know. Dave !? Is that you man?
John St.Amant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:13 PM
  #2167  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,134
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Oops! I forgot droop
5/-3 f/r
Since you are providing, might as well let us know the rest...I will scan your setup right now and post here....

Front
Front shock upper mounting hole..3 or 4?
Front toe blocks (F/R)...arrow pointing inside or outside?
Spacer on steering knuckle to avoid bump steer" (5mm?)
Any spacer underneath the toe blocks (F/R)?

Rear
Spacer in mm on the camber link @ Bulkhead?
Spacer in mm on the rear upright?
Upright mounting hole 1, 2 or 3?
Any spacer underneath the same link?
Rear wheelbase?

Any wheel spacer F/R?
You use aluminum battery plate? Which one?
You use front aluminum stands?

Also, you said your droop are 5 and 3 F/R...I just want to get it right on the setup sheet, is that 5mm over the front ride height and 3mm over the rear ride height..? That looks alot of droop...just wondering.

I think thats all....thanks
Solara is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:31 PM
  #2168  
Tech Regular
 
nocif13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: france MARSEILLE
Posts: 289
Default

Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
I noticed that the hole for the negative battery lead is miss drilled on Daves car too. It seriously needs to move 4mm to the right. I had to hog the hole out to get mine to plug in. This shot must have been taken before he fit a pack in the car. Or he isn't using barrel connectors on his car. I sure would like to know. Dave !? Is that you man?
I had not seen! now that you say, manufacturing error?
nocif13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:37 PM
  #2169  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Since you are providing, might as well let us know the rest...I will scan your setup right now and post here....

Front
Front shock upper mounting hole..3 or 4?
Front toe blocks (F/R)...arrow pointing inside or outside?
Spacer on steering knuckle to avoid bump steer" (5mm?)
Any spacer underneath the toe blocks (F/R)?

Rear
Spacer in mm on the camber link @ Bulkhead?
Spacer in mm on the rear upright?
Upright mounting hole 1, 2 or 3?
Any spacer underneath the same link?
Rear wheelbase?

Any wheel spacer F/R?
You use aluminum battery plate? Which one?
You use front aluminum stands?

I think thats all....thanks
Umm.. okay.. let me see here ...in order of appearance.

#1 is the inside hole . I'm in #4 second from the last hole.
Front toe blocks pointing out front and rear. blocks in rear belt tensioner mount pointing down. (no anti-squat) *1mm spacer under it.*
Bump steer spacer 3mm
No spacer under front. * 1mm rear* (kit)

Spacer 0mm on the camber link @ Bulkhead. hole #2, no spacer
Spacer 0mm on the rear upright. hole #2, no spacer
Middle wheel base (kit)
Using the Wolf Hobbies Steel battery tray and Li-Po's

I put 0.5mm wheel spacer to make car 189mm wide front and rear.
Limited Edition kit is full billet knuckles and uprights.
The double steering set up is far and away the better system. there are bearings everywhere including the caster blocks. VERY NICE!!!

Let me know if theres anything I left out . I can not print or scan so I would love a soft copy for my PC.
John St.Amant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 PM
  #2170  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nocif13 View Post
I had not seen! now that you say, manufacturing error?
yeah... the hole in the upper deck needs to be relocated.
It was in the correct spot on my first E4-C1 kit but this one is not even close.
They missed it by a diameter. The center of the hole should be aligned with the middle if the right side bar on the upper deck.
John St.Amant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:44 PM
  #2171  
Tech Regular
 
nocif13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: france MARSEILLE
Posts: 289
Default

Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
yeah... the hole in the upper deck needs to be relocated.
It was in the correct spot on my first E4-C1 kit but this one is not even close.
They missed it by a diameter. The center of the hole should be aligned with the middle if the right side bar on the upper deck.
What happens on the track dave edition? behavior close to that base?
nocif13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 PM
  #2172  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nocif13 View Post
What happens on the track dave edition? behavior close to that base?
The cars is very predictable. There is no play in the axles and camber and toe settings are solid. This car drives like a wet dream where the plastic upright and hub version was a bit wish-washy. Wolf made a good car into a fantastic machine! The new one goes exactly where I put it and is as consistent lap after lap. The plastic bearing races are too big on the old version and the bearings wiggle inside them. the Single steering is not Ideal and only more cost effective. The double steering mechanism is smooth as glass and offers the correct ackerman. The only thing I can see to make this new version better is stainless shielded bearings. The Rubber seals are a a bit sticky but easily removable and replaceable. Oh yeah ... I had an incorrect suspension mount adjuster, you know the thing with the arrow on it. Wolf took care of me right away on that one and I couldn't be happier with my new car.
John St.Amant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:06 PM
  #2173  
Tech Regular
 
nocif13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: france MARSEILLE
Posts: 289
Default

soon E4 ST.AMANT EDITION
nocif13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:21 PM
  #2174  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nocif13 View Post
soon E4 ST.AMANT EDITION
Have you been peeking into my dreams? Glad you left before the victory orgy. I wish !
John St.Amant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:47 PM
  #2175  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Big White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 408
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

So i ran my new car last night for the first time and i was having a problem were the spool would turn into the oneway. Has anyone els had this problem?? The pin is in the hole and i could not find out why it would keep coming apart so i just kept it as the oneway. It was my first time running a oneway and all i have to say is this car is really good. That was the only problem i was haveing..



Thanks

Big White
Big White is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service