Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone have an idea where I can get the "Flat hex nuts" that hold the bottom of the tbar to the chasis?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Still Bill
You have a CRC car. Ask them directly. Excellent customer service from deem CRC boys.

Bill
The deal to remember is that what works really well for one guy may not for others. I have gone against using the flat mount servo for a long time because if you "Ask CRC" their setup tuning guide says to avoid this all together. I have recently tried the flat mount setup and now wonder why I wasted so much time, it works really well for me. Truth is Frank Calandra has never been an advocate of flat servos or battery tape - he's obviously a very knowledgable guy! I am a fan! CRC is some of the very best carpet racing gear you will ever own! Brian Bodine who drives CRC cars has used flat servo mounting setups for quite awhile. Don't know if he currently uses it? He had a couple big wins this year. Not possible for one of these guys to be totally right and the other to be totally wrong. It's gotta be what fits the driver. The corner speed gained through less ackerman can be substantial if done correctly. I have found the flat mount to be mellow to drive, a bigger window to hit for a driveable setup. That's a good thing for a club racer!

I have a setup tuning guide in my pitbox that explains things very well. I'll dig around and find a link to the guide on the web and post her so you can read it for yourself.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Can someone help a World GT first timer?

I have just ordered my first World GT 10th scale car. After quite a bit of research I chose the CRC GENX LE. I am struggling however to determine exactly which servo I need to complete the kit.

I have a Kinetic ESC with a 10.5t brushless in mind for the powerplant and ESC. In addition to recommending a servo or two would you mind commenting on the ESC motor set up? I have always felt like I couldn't go wrong with Novak but am interested in any suggestions you have.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cojex1
I have just ordered my first World GT 10th scale car. After quite a bit of research I chose the CRC GENX LE. I am struggling however to determine exactly which servo I need to complete the kit.

I have a Kinetic ESC with a 10.5t brushless in mind for the powerplant and ESC. In addition to recommending a servo or two would you mind commenting on the ESC motor set up? I have always felt like I couldn't go wrong with Novak but am interested in any suggestions you have.

Thanks!
KO PDS-951 or JR Z3650 servos are the cat's meow. Their output shafts line up with the CRC servo mounts for perfect centering on the chassis. Both have metal gears and are fast!

Unless the locals in your area race using 10.5T motors, I would suggest sticking with 13.5T per WGT rules.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

If you're on a budget for servo's, I use a Hitec 225. It's not a speed demon, but works well, and have bearing and metal gears. Cheap and cheerful
Old 11-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Looking for a setup for my CRC WGT with tekin rs and 13.5 motor using 1S
Old 11-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Default Oh Dumper...

Brian,

Can you please post a picture of your LE car so I can see the layout of your electronics?

And how are you holding your battery in place?

Thanks.

Bill
Old 11-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/images/st...Dumper-car.jpg

Battery all the way forward, using the stock battery blockers to hold it in place. If the lipo is a little loose fitting, use a small square of servo tape to hold the battery from moving.

Speed control mounted in the center behind the battery.

Receiver on the right

Receiver pack on the left.

Transponder up front, offset for balance.

TQ and first palce trophies on my mantle.

I was on the driver stand.

dumper
Old 11-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gonzo416
Looking for a setup for my CRC WGT with tekin rs and 13.5 motor using 1S

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/downloads..._2010Birds.pdf

You might want to use slightly larger tires for club racing. Other than that that is our standard 13.5 setup.

dumper
Old 11-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cojex1

Thanks!
We all use Advanced Electronics speed controls, but tekin seems popular too. Novak looks to be fast too but but need a little more work to get it up to speed. You can not go wrong with Novak motors, but alot of people run Trinity Duo 1 or 2.

dumper
Old 11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Brian. You da man!

Bill
Old 11-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default 10.5 or 13.5

Originally Posted by Still Bill
KO PDS-951 or JR Z3650 servos are the cat's meow. Their output shafts line up with the CRC servo mounts for perfect centering on the chassis. Both have metal gears and are fast!

Unless the locals in your area race using 10.5T motors, I would suggest sticking with 13.5T per WGT rules.
Uh oh! I race up in Seattle at Hangar 30. Any Hangar 30 guys on line? Sean Maybell had told me that 12th was 13.5 and that 10th World GT was 10.5. I went ahead and changed my order to the Duo 2 13.5 but I have a 10.5 ballistic in another off road vehicle that I could always swap.

Thanks for the heads up!

Curt
Old 11-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As per our rules at Seattle RC Racers/Hanger 30, we use a 10.5 motor in the WGT and 13.5 for 1/12. Both classes run with zero timing ESCs. It makes life a lot easier for those who don't like to tinker with the timing stuff :P. Hope that helps!

-Korey
Old 11-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/images/st...Dumper-car.jpg

Battery all the way forward, using the stock battery blockers to hold it in place. If the lipo is a little loose fitting, use a small square of servo tape to hold the battery from moving.

Speed control mounted in the center behind the battery.

Receiver on the right

Receiver pack on the left.

Transponder up front, offset for balance.

TQ and first palce trophies on my mantle.

I was on the driver stand.

dumper
SHOW OFF!!!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am looking at getting one of these CRC Gen-X cars but have a few questions first (I am reading through as many pages on this thread as I can in the mean time):

I will be using this car for recreation and casual racing.

I noticed that the Gen-X regular edition is more expensive than the new LE model; does that mean they skimped on parts for the LE? I noticed the shock and shock mount for the LE does not seem as beefy as the one on the regular. I only run Lipos so I have no need for the optional battery tray in the regular edition, but am just looking for opinions on what would be better for me.

The other question I have is in regards to the Manutech Rug Runner chassis. This looks like it has plenty of room for multiple packs (I have wanted to make a top speed demon car just for kicks), would it be a good choice along with the car itself for a speed-run car; or am I better suited to trying to get a TC built for speed runs? Also would the Manutech work on the LE chassis?

Thanks for any input.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.