Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Herkimer Jitney
Dude how come most of your posts are just running someone else down? Maybe Rainbow and jrrc arent the cheapest but your attitude on a lot of your posts really sucks.
watchout this bakagayjeans is con trying to rip off people. all his/her posts try to lure you away from jrrc and rainbow10..
Old 01-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minicrapper
watchout this bakagayjeans is con trying to rip off people. all his/her posts try to lure you away from jrrc and rainbow10..
hey minicrapper,

Where do you get off on bashing bakaguyjean?...stating he's "...trying to rip off people."?
Your abundance of wisdom and post/participation here is overwhelming...NOT...I'm sure you also have the ability to read the minds of other members through their postings. And maybe your just playing 'tag team' with Herkimer Jitney as the flavour of the moment?

bakaguyjean is a respected member here and in other forums outside of this one and even though I've never ordered from him before, he's made some very good points here and in past, as well in other forums.

His english may not be perfect but at least he tries and provides good information that we can read, and take in, if we choose to.
We all have our opinions and at the end of the day one can take it or leave it. However, it sounds to me you've got a chip on your shoulder to pick a fight for no reasonable reason - do it elsewhere on the little kitty forums where you have your 1000+ meaningless posts and let the rest of us members here enjoy the purpose of this thread without your non-productive comments.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Ran my mini for the first time in a while this weekend. Treated it too a new set of boots (M-grips), and followed some local advise over here, and Tony's guide, so had the fronts double stuffed, and the rears normal.

Worked a treat. Never had the car handle as well on the rug. It's a little lary coming into fast turns, with a bit of lift off oversteer, but I might try some more shims in the rear shocks to solve that. Ended up runnig quite a stiff setup.... was great for some two-wheeled fun, but I think I might move my esc and so on into the chassis now, also thinking the ride height was a little high.

But hey, it was good fun, and i was faster with 2wd/27t than some of the tourers at the club... hehe. Enjoyed it so much, I've already stated that if I have to run 27t at the club again (currently doing 10.5 in my tourer), I'll simply put the mini on track, rather than run my tourer!

Quick question though, has anyone tried double stuffing in reverse? ie, foam outside, molded inside? I would assume this would work for type A's being belted, but for M's and S's maybe not?

Cheers
Ed
Old 01-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

heres a tip from the mini racers at my track; (i will soon be joining their ranks )

go to the nitro racers and ask if they have any worn out foams. our whole club's minis (about a half dozen) all run on old foams. the cars grip better, don't traction roll, and best of all, the tyres are free
Old 01-21-2008, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default I wonder what this is?....

Well boys, hands up who wants one of these?

Old 01-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wallyburger
hey minicrapper,

Where do you get off on bashing bakaguyjean?...stating he's "...trying to rip off people."?
Your abundance of wisdom and post/participation here is overwhelming...NOT...I'm sure you also have the ability to read the minds of other members through their postings. And maybe your just playing 'tag team' with Herkimer Jitney as the flavour of the moment?

bakaguyjean is a respected member here and in other forums outside of this one and even though I've never ordered from him before, he's made some very good points here and in past, as well in other forums.

His english may not be perfect but at least he tries and provides good information that we can read, and take in, if we choose to.
We all have our opinions and at the end of the day one can take it or leave it. However, it sounds to me you've got a chip on your shoulder to pick a fight for no reasonable reason - do it elsewhere on the little kitty forums where you have your 1000+ meaningless posts and let the rest of us members here enjoy the purpose of this thread without your non-productive comments.
wallbanger=fish

Last edited by minicrapper; 01-21-2008 at 05:13 AM. Reason: error
Old 01-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tony gray

i want one

??$$??
Old 01-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can get a M04 swaybar set?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:23 AM
mep
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
It's a little lary coming into fast turns, with a bit of lift off oversteer, but I might try some more shims in the rear shocks to solve that. Ended up runnig quite a stiff setup.... was great for some two-wheeled fun, but I think I might move my esc and so on into the chassis now, also thinking the ride height was a little high.
Hi Ed... you might want to go the oposite direction to make the rear end less tail-happy. Making the rear end softer helps to keep mine from oversteering on carpet. If you think your shocks are already a bit too tall, you may want to shorten the fronts & use stiffer springs(short blue recommended) and leave the rear shocks a couple mm taller with softer springs(red short recommended, or M04 front gold springs if you have access to them). The softer springs will squat quite a bit & cause the chassis to drag if the shocks are too low, hence the reason for making the rears slightly taller to allow room for pre-load spacers without actually adding tension... too much pre-load tenson on the rear shocks will make the spinning & traction rolling worse.

Good spring/shock combos I've tried on carpet:

1. Front 56mm, stock silver springs, 1 small pre-load spacer / rear 58-59mm, M04 gold springs, 1 medium pre-load spacer

2. Front 56mm, short blue springs, 1 medium pre-load spacer + 1 small spacer / rear 58-59mm, short red springs, 1 large spacer

Both of those settings work well for me with every tire option that I've tried on carpet; Spice 32R, soft Rides, Type-A slicks, and X-patterns... should be fine with M-grips too. Shock oil & piston valving doesn't seem to have a drastic affect for me, but I usually run 2-hole 50-weight front, & 3-hole 40-weight rear on carpet
Old 01-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mep
Hi Ed... you might want to go the oposite direction to make the rear end less tail-happy. Making the rear end softer helps to keep mine from oversteering on carpet. If you think your shocks are already a bit too tall, you may want to shorten the fronts & use stiffer springs(short blue recommended) and leave the rear shocks a couple mm taller with softer springs(red short recommended, or M04 front gold springs if you have access to them). The softer springs will squat quite a bit & cause the chassis to drag if the shocks are too low, hence the reason for making the rears slightly taller to allow room for pre-load spacers without actually adding tension... too much pre-load tenson on the rear shocks will make the spinning & traction rolling worse.

Good spring/shock combos I've tried on carpet:

1. Front 56mm, stock silver springs, 1 small pre-load spacer / rear 58-59mm, M04 gold springs, 1 medium pre-load spacer

2. Front 56mm, short blue springs, 1 medium pre-load spacer + 1 small spacer / rear 58-59mm, short red springs, 1 large spacer

Both of those settings work well for me with every tire option that I've tried on carpet; Spice 32R, soft Rides, Type-A slicks, and X-patterns... should be fine with M-grips too. Shock oil & piston valving doesn't seem to have a drastic affect for me, but I usually run 2-hole 50-weight front, & 3-hole 40-weight rear on carpet
I've already got short whites in the front, tried reds on teh rear, but prefered how the car responded with the yellows round the rest of the track. I'm pretty sure the car wasn't dragging... I have a lot more preload spacers then you suggest (had it so the arms were level at race weight), so I'll probably drop the car next time.
Still gives me something to play around with
Old 01-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tony gray

Wow!

My hand is up!!!

Since my Mini decided to catch on fire over the weekend, this lil' truck seems like it would be the perfect replacement!

Let's have some more details!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There aren't any details. ABC don't have it on their website yet, and wont officially admit that it even exists...

And given their usual habits it will come out as a complete Genetic kit first, and then several months later as a spare part.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Hey anybody out there: any news on the Monster Mini body ie: cost, where to locate?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:37 PM
mep
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
I've already got short whites in the front, tried reds on teh rear, but prefered how the car responded with the yellows round the rest of the track. I'm pretty sure the car wasn't dragging... I have a lot more preload spacers then you suggest (had it so the arms were level at race weight), so I'll probably drop the car next time.
Still gives me something to play around with
Sounds like you have it covered
Old 01-21-2008, 10:33 PM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Default sticker

Guys do you have any paper patterns or cutouts for the hood and roofing of the suzuki swift? I bought this carbon fiber sticker and I am wondering if you guys have any pattern on doing this so that I could just follow and trace it on the sticker that I bought? Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.