Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Rainbow Ten -

0013400153333,TAMIYA,800YEN,53333 TOURING CAR TUNED SPRING SET(SHORT TYPE)

0013400150746,TAMIYA,1100YEN,50746 C.V.A. SUPER MINI SHOCK UNIT SET
Old 01-18-2008, 09:06 PM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Cheers T thanks.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
Rainbow Ten -

0013400153333,TAMIYA,800YEN,53333 TOURING CAR TUNED SPRING SET(SHORT TYPE)

0013400150746,TAMIYA,1100YEN,50746 C.V.A. SUPER MINI SHOCK UNIT SET
Rainbow 10 charges list plus a Paypal fee.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:07 PM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Default Tamiya item no. 53222

This tire good for racing?

Its a Tamiya item no. 53222
Old 01-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

I recomend that you use OP-619 shocks as they come in a set of four.if you use the OP-746 you have to build them up to the same size as the OP-619 anyway to get you mini off the ground at all. Most people dont use the OP-746 for this reason. If Build the OP-619 shocks with the spacer inside nothing has changed compared with the other shocks.
Also they are cheaper.

If you went with the OP-619`s,and the OP-333 springs I can have them to you for 3657 Yen. That is shipped EMS to Australia today. Useing Paypal with no Paypal fees attached.
Rainbow 10 would be 4200 Yen plus what ever Paypal fee they charge. If you went with the OP-746 shocks.
If you went with the OP-619 shocks Rainbow 10 would be 3800 Yen.

I know this looks like an add but its bad advise to buy from Rainbow 10. They dont even process Paypal orders on the weekend.

Things will be even better in February

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 01-18-2008 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have to disagree with you on a number of points..

The 50746 shocks are different..the shock body is shorter as shown in the pic

And the shorter shock body allows more uptravel when necessary. Which is why the TRF Mini shocks have a shorter shock body and the Tech Racing shocks too.

The longer body of the 50619 restricts uptravel and as a consequence doesn't work as well.

They are more expensive I agree, but they work better.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:02 PM
mep
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Jason Reid sells above list price in case you guys didnt know. List price +U.S. dollar exchange rate. Most places give at least 10% off list, RC Champ is around 15%. JR-RC isnt a very good place to buy from at all.
That's odd to hear you say. Everything that I've purchased from JR's ebay store has been substantially less than Tamiya USA's MSRP(items still in production that is), and there are no extra fees added to the invoice ever. His shipping costs are usually affordable, and far less than any other out-of-country sellers(for USA delivery that is). On top of that, I receive his shipments from Tokyo faster than most sellers on the US west coast, which is usually 2-3 days after payment.

With that said, if you can link us to a place to buy Tamiya parts outside of the USA for less, with the same awesome service, please hook us up! Maybe I'm missing out on some killer deals
Old 01-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony gray
I have to disagree with you on a number of points..

The 50746 shocks are different..the shock body is shorter as shown in the pic

And the shorter shock body allows more uptravel when necessary. Which is why the TRF Mini shocks have a shorter shock body and the Tech Racing shocks too.

The longer body of the 50619 restricts uptravel and as a consequence doesn't work as well.

They are more expensive I agree, but they work better.
The shock bodies are different, but how much up travel do you need as i have more than enough with the Mini Shock size. The chassis bottoms out even with the 60D tires. Front and rear.So your idea of not working aswell dosent make since. Also you can use the OP-850 TRF Titanium coated piston rods in the Mini Shocks. An easy upgrade that cant be used it the Super Mini shocks.

You know Tamiya will sell you anything you dont need.People just use TRF shocks on Mini`s because they look good.Tech makes the shocks for Tamiya so that really dosent have anything to do with it. Most of it is Hype.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:11 PM
SH
Tech Addict

Well i'm leaning towards the TRF shocks, one cause they look good two cause its nice to know i have a set if i have a want or need to put them on a touring car. They would have to work on the mini yeah?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:16 PM
mep
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oME
This tire good for racing?

Its a Tamiya item no. 53222
This is somewhat repetitive info...

Super Slicks are fun to play around on, but not the optimal choice for competitive racing, as they don't have a very high level of grip on most surfaces. If you are restricted to Tamiya tires, try to stay with the S-Grip radials or the Type-A reinforced slicks for competition. Both of these tires have better grip & the larger diameter yeilds higher top speeds. If you are dead set on low profile tires however, the Super Slicks do have the best grip of the low pro Tamiya tires.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

I know this looks like an add but its bad advise to buy from Rainbow 10. They dont even process Paypal orders on the weekend.

Things will be even better in February
Dude how come most of your posts are just running someone else down? Maybe Rainbow and jrrc arent the cheapest but your attitude on a lot of your posts really sucks.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:33 PM
mep
Tech Regular

You know Tamiya will sell you anything you dont need.
Exactly, like OP-850 TRF Titanium coated piston rods in a M-chassis

Seriously though, I used to feel that I "needed" TRF shocks on everything... but now I dont even "want" them since they dont make the car perform any better than the CVAs. Yeah, the CVAs will leak down a bit, but I would rather deal with that than deal with getting grit in the shock body threads & risk ruining the spring perch adjustability. It's also easier to pop the CVAs off of the ball connectors, and cheaper to rebuild them. I actually used to scrap the white TRF pistons for the black CVA pistons with larger valving holes anyway, because the TRF pistons' valving was too slow for my preference.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mep
That's odd to hear you say. Everything that I've purchased from JR's ebay store has been substantially less than Tamiya USA's MSRP(items still in production that is), and there are no extra fees added to the invoice ever. His shipping costs are usually affordable, and far less than any other out-of-country sellers(for USA delivery that is). On top of that, I receive his shipments from Tokyo faster than most sellers on the US west coast, which is usually 2-3 days after payment.

With that said, if you can link us to a place to buy Tamiya parts outside of the USA for less, with the same awesome service, please hook us up! Maybe I'm missing out on some killer deals
First i want to give you guys some back ground on Me. I have lived in Japan now for 7 years. Before i lived in America so i know both sides of the fence on that one. I also work at a RC shop in Japan so i know both sides of that also.Shopper and retailer.
I know all about Ebay and how things are done there.
I have worked at this shop for over a year. I do everything for the Japanese web shop and overseas sales. We are not the cheapest store on the web.RC Champ is by far the best place to buy stuff if you need it cheap,dont know about thier service as i have only talked bussiness with Masa-san once.
There isnt a shop in Japan that sells overseas that really cares to take care of the orders very well.
Even RC Champ has a limited english page,Rainbow 10 charges list price and then only has a list of what they might have. JR-RC charges over list price for normal items and then dosent really help customers even if they buy alot of parts from there. Some people even get banned for asking questions.
This is where i work
http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/rc-rainbow/index.html
It sucks as everything is in Japanese,You have to use pictures but you can see that there are links at the bottom for mini stuff on this 510 page.
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/rc-rainbow/4958489240119/

I will not be working here much longer as i will have my own thing going Febraury.
Here is the bad stuff about where i work.It all in Japanese,only EMS shipping,its all in Yen, and We dont have some of the really cool stuff like Square wheels and the other little stuff you might want. Basically if you need something just e-mail me at [email protected] Part numbers are great but if its Tamiya i usally know what you are talking about.
The good stuff is 10% off most stuff on hand, and i can hold it in my hand and let you know more info if you need it. I know RC cars.Paypal without fees.
EMS is very fast.

The big motovation for me is the fact that i know what customers go through just to enjoy RC cars. Tamiya isnt susported very well anywhere but Japan. Most Japanese companies just think other countries are a waste of time.I have pretty much supplied all of RC tech with a Kyosho car that Kyosho will not import to the U.S. Mark up is huge in some countries and it just sucks.
Things are about to change for the better soon enough. But untill then the best i can do for fellow english speaker is what i have been doing,Good prices great service.
Most of these guys are pretty happy.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=158608
Old 01-19-2008, 12:07 AM
mep
Tech Regular

Ah. Wow, I was not aware that you're a seller also. In this case, I'm sure you'll understand that I'll always back the sellers who have helped me & provided excellent service in the past, as I'm sure you would want your customers to do for you
Old 01-19-2008, 12:09 AM
SH
Tech Addict

Well i have just purchased some new TRF shocks, what are the tricks to building these for the mini? Besides the short spring set?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.