Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:35 AM
sup
Tech Addict

LOL! i was thinking about getting the nissan pick up truck (when the body comes out), but seeing the slug and the cat makes me think otherwise!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default mini

ran the mini at the novak and it is fast the bite is high high high made a few changes to it see how it works today
Old 01-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Here's my new Swift pretty much ready for the track!

Last edited by Core Creations; 07-22-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Here's my new Swift pretty much ready for the track!
very nice...
Old 01-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

ive got a used M03 Mini on the way, I ordered a set of chassis extenders to make it same length as a M03L - good idea or bad idea? running indoor carpet track, plenty of room.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mach51
ive got a used M03 Mini on the way, I ordered a set of chassis extenders to make it same length as a M03L - good idea or bad idea? running indoor carpet track, plenty of room.
I would suggest that instead of the M03L extenders, order the M03M extenders to make it a mid length car (Suzuki Swift). All the necessary parts (other than the body) are on a single $10 parts tree (the "F" tree). Running on carpet, the M03 can be twitchy, the M03L can be lazy, and the M03M seems to be "just right".
Old 01-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Customworksking
ran the mini at the novak and it is fast the bite is high high high made a few changes to it see how it works today
What kind of lap times are you getting with your Mini?
Are you rollin, rollin, rollin yet?
Old 01-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steven Key
Check out this Mini

This is complement of our good buddy Wes Wood, from down south where they listen to funny music and ride bulls that aren't too happy.

Wes brought this Green Slug Bug to Trackside to compete in the Mini class at the Novak Tour Car Championships. It was the hit of the race and worked suprisingly well. Now he has us all thinking about what else we can do with Mini's; I can see a whole class of Minis with stuff animal bodies.

Nice Job Wes
Not only was it a hoot to see, but it actually worked pretty well in a high traction situation - if it rolled over on the carpet, it rolled right back onto it wheels and kept right on going! Talk about an "anti rollover antenna"!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Just picked up an M03M tonight, were running a spec class close to TCS rules at our local track, and so far the only guys with these cars are super good drivers. so im looking forward to being able to run with some exelent compatition.
for us we use only venom 3000 stick packs, and a cheap standard servo, other than that, we pretty much stick to tamiya rules.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

If anyone is interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...page=643&pp=30

This person has this for sale:" ABC Genetic Mini with Suzuki Swift Shell (painted white). Comes with front one-way, option springs & stabilizers. - $225.00"

post#19263
Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

got the mini in the 15.0"s see what i can do next round
Old 01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Customworksking
got the mini in the 15.0"s see what i can do next round
Is that good or bad?
How many entries in Mini?
How is David Weir, and Nathan doing? Are they running mini?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Looked like there was 4 heats of mini.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Folks!

Many years ago I had a Monte Carlo Cooper M01 and really loved it. Hoping to have that kind of fun again, I just ordered a Suzuki Swift .
Now surfing this thread and rc-mini.net (great page, thanks!) I learned, that the Tamiya aluminum king pins 53141 wont fit. Are there any other aluminum kingpins, either from a different Tamiya kit or a other manufacturer that would fit?
I want to use some tuningparts right from the beginning (blue TRF shocks, Tech Racing Universals and Steering kit, TA03 Diff, Ball bearings everywhere, SS Suspension Shaft Set) and I am wondering if I should use the Tamiya hollow carbon gear shaft set, or the Tech Racing blue aluminum one. Any tips?
Are the Suzuki wheels good, or should I buy different wheels for my other tires? What about the ABC Wheels?
On the pictures the Swift looks funny, the wheels beeing much to far inside the wheelarches. What is the best way to bring therm further out? Are there wider hex adaptors available, if yes, from which company?
I am investing in all those parts imidiately because I have to order from HK, and want to get everything shipped in one parcel, so that I dont have to pay shipping cost more than once. Unfortunately there is almost nothing available localy except the kit .
It will get good electronics: KoPropo PDS949ICS Servo if it fits and KoPropo KR301F Receiver. On the ESC/Motor I am undecided, either a LRP Quantum 2 or Novak GTX Speed Control with a brushed motor with probably 21-19 turns or a brushless system if I can find something that suits the Suzuki. I am thinking about a 5-cell setup using a LRP one-star motor, but I think this will still be to strong.

I wont have the time for using it much, but I want it to be as good as a Mini can get, so your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks and have fun with your Minis!
Bernd
Old 01-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Welcome back to Minis again Bernd.

Dont worry about aluminium king pins. They dont do anything anyway (unless you just want the shiny bits to show off) The same goes for the hollow carbon gear shafts. They don't do a thing...And no-one can even tell that you've got them!
HPI wheels are the best by far. The Tamiya ones are OK (just) but the ABC ones are very brittle and break quite easily.
You can get wider hex adaptors (they come as part of 53345 toe-in rear upright set) but the axle isnt long enough to let you use them (you cant get enough thread on the nut)
Careful with your motor choices, too much power in a Mini just means wheelspin...

Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.