Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 06:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi, new user here, i've lost one of the pins that the steering cranks hinge on, and i was wondering where could i buy a replacement. I've searched all over for the individual part, but all i've found was packages of stock parts that didn't have what i was looking for, and expensive "solutions" of buying a whole other chassis to cannabalize parts from (which is out of the question. i have 3 TA06's and wish for all three to be in proper working order)
Old 03-22-2017, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by refirendum
Hi, new user here, i've lost one of the pins that the steering cranks hinge on, and i was wondering where could i buy a replacement. I've searched all over for the individual part, but all i've found was packages of stock parts that didn't have what i was looking for, and expensive "solutions" of buying a whole other chassis to cannabalize parts from (which is out of the question. i have 3 TA06's and wish for all three to be in proper working order)
This one?

http://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index...a&best=3485055
Old 04-21-2017, 12:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Last edited by monkeyracing; 04-21-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

can someone tell me how long the middle part of the TA06 stabilizer set (tamiya 54309) is?

i just need to know this for a project where i have a distance from 35mm so the stabis have to be 35mm or longer on this middle part

thanks!
Old 08-22-2019, 05:11 AM
CTE
Tech Apprentice

Probably a bit retro for you guys, but i picked up a cheap TA06 to have a go at 17.5 stock touring car racing. Really struggling with setup. No matter what i do it seems loose at the rear. Even tried 4 deg toe in and no rear sway bar and it's still over steering. Running Sorex28 tyres with soft yellow inserts. Mostly kit setup, but with alloy suspension blocks and steering set. 5mm ride height, 4mm droop rear, 5mm front, kit silver springs, 500cst oil front and rear with 3 hole trf pistons in the dampers. 2 deg neg camber rear, 1 deg front, 4 deg caster c hubs. Stiff front sway bar, no rear. Running a 4600 turnigy shorty pushed to the rear with foam spacers to try and get grip back there. Asphaly surface, Zoo Racing Hellcat body. Really don't know what i am doing wrong? Any thoughts from pwople who have run these?
Old 09-13-2019, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CTE
Probably a bit retro for you guys, but i picked up a cheap TA06 to have a go at 17.5 stock touring car racing. Really struggling with setup. No matter what i do it seems loose at the rear. Even tried 4 deg toe in and no rear sway bar and it's still over steering. Running Sorex28 tyres with soft yellow inserts. Mostly kit setup, but with alloy suspension blocks and steering set. 5mm ride height, 4mm droop rear, 5mm front, kit silver springs, 500cst oil front and rear with 3 hole trf pistons in the dampers. 2 deg neg camber rear, 1 deg front, 4 deg caster c hubs. Stiff front sway bar, no rear. Running a 4600 turnigy shorty pushed to the rear with foam spacers to try and get grip back there. Asphaly surface, Zoo Racing Hellcat body. Really don't know what i am doing wrong? Any thoughts from pwople who have run these?
Havent run one before, but have one unbuilt. What suspension blocks are you using? A wider front end may settle the car down. Also have you played with the radio settings? I usually fiddle with D/R (changes how much steering angle you can use) or a tiny bit of negative exponential steering
Old 09-13-2019, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

what I'm saying may sounds kinda stupid but how's your diff? I accidentally shimmed mine a bit too tight (two shim under the inner diff gear, the difference bind up like a spool) and end up rolling over on every corner on black carpet....
Old 09-13-2019, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Also what oil are you running in the diffs? Generally, you want a stiff front and a softer rear. If possible, buy a spool or a diff locker for the front diff. It's essential for a touring car imo. Next best option is to buy 1,000,000 cst oil for the front which will be similar to driving with a spool.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was having a similar issue with my 06 and I tried everything tuning and diffs. Turned out the front wheels were rubbing the front of the arms due to the offset of the wheels.I use the gravity rc usgt wheels and also the team powers wheels/tires both 24mm. I shaved the arms a bit to allow clearance and it is a completely different car. Now it really hooks up.

Also check some of the items as stated above as well.

Last edited by V8 Rumble; 09-13-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

During my time with this chassis it needed really careful attention to the different and how you place electronics. Since the rear diff was buried beneath layers of plastics and screws... Hopefully you solve the issue.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone selling ta06 pro with ifs suspension?
Old 11-06-2019, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rayrush
Anyone selling ta06 pro with ifs suspension?
I saw a few on ebay. (incidentally I have the non-pro version). Sent you a PM.

Seth
Old 03-28-2020, 10:08 AM
CTE
Tech Apprentice

Default R

Thought i would post up for anyone still running a TA06, i designed a right hand steering arm for mine and it works great, so i put it on my shapeways store. Moves the steering servo to the right side so you mount the ESC on the left for cleaner wiring. Like they did on the TA06 MS.

http://shpws.me/RPFd

There are some photos of how i did mine on my flickr. You need to mod the servo tray and drill the deck so it's not plug and play, but it's fairly eassy if you are competant with a stanley knife and a drill.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmMeKo4x

​​​

​​​

kwkride, DaSilva3525 and jgil089 like this.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Even with the release of the TA08 I am Bringing this thread back from the dead

I decided a couple weeks back to take my Original 17.5 Car (This TA06) Off the shelf for a refresh. Back when I first started on road Racing I definitely didn't know then what I know now. Even back then when I ran this car it was really good to me, I eventually upgraded to my BD7 16 Yok & never looked back at this TA series Tamiya. Super Stock 17.5 is my class & my T4 20 is dialed week after week, but I do like to tinker with the odd Tamiya car here & there during practice days just for my own enjoyment / Saving wear & Tear on my Xray for Race days.

My Club also has a 21.5 Tc class now which I would still rather see USGT thrive over it lol.. but I set this TA06 up with a 21.5 Orca B2, Orca R32X Esc, Orca Lcg 6000 pack, Zoo Preopard & Jaco Blues just to see how it would do. The car sits fat at 1392 Grams ready to race on the scale. I refreshed the car & applied my go to settings for black carpet. Immediately on the first pack the car was amazing! Little loose at first, brought it back to the pit & made a rear roll center change, some droop adjustments and by the 2nd or 3rd pack it was already at top pace with the newer Chassis cars & on rails. Super stoked! I adjusted gearing and timing accordingly in between the tires kept coming in also. By the end of the session the TA06 was hitting 11.1-11.3 average laps & the heater lap of 11.0 (Fastest 11.2 in the class by a 2021 chassis, 11.3-11.5 avg laps) My Mission was a success and it was fun to bring this old car off the shelf right up to top pace 🙂

I want to splurge on some remaining hop ups now after that test session but I may hold off as it's great as it sits. I would like to get the rear Alum Braces that go from the 3 Gear diff housing to the chassis as that's the last aluminum part I want for stiffness. I also may source out the Carbon reinforced plastic chassis / Tamiya Aluminum steering setup. My crazy thoughts at the track were.. put the TRF 420 suspension on it with short shocks lol! It's easy to get caught up buying parts for a car after a good weekend with it as you can relate. Realistically I want to shave 25,35,50 grams off and grab some smaller spurs & massive pinions for desirable USGT gearing for the motiv spec motor.

Anyway here are some quick snaps for the boys.

TA06 / 1392 grams / 21.5

Qatmix likes this.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Nice looking TA06. I remember running the only one at the Tamiya America track and the rest where TA07's back then. The car had a lot of potential nut was never as good as the TA07. Or maybe it just needed more R&D.
DaSilva3525 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.