Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasterPlan
VTA ROAR rules: I think who ever thought of these rules is corney.
Not a good way to make a point.

To that I mean I think going with a 25.5 motor is poorly thought of.
Actually it was painstakingly thought of and was done because the 21.5 was not living up to the feel and closeness that the class had when it was 4cell 27turn.

I like the 21.5 motor is slow enough.
Its perfect for USGT
Also to force people to have numbers on their car and a driver is rediculous!
I have been on your side of this argument. If you dont believe me read through the forum. Its the wrong side of this argument to be on. These are race cars. Race cars have numbers. Put a number on it. If your local club doesnt care then neither do I but you are missing out on the spirit of the whole phenomenon known as USVTA.
Use the KISS method. Pre 1970's muscle car, 5000mah battery, non advancable speedo and any paint job acceptable with a 21.5 motor. I like the tire specs reqired. I am complaining because if I ever want to race in a ROAR event in FL I will have to do a lot more to my car then I can afford.
If you go ballistic then you only have to change the stator to be ready for 21.5 ROAR VTA. Or you could use the same car for ROAR VTA or USGT with a 21.5. I think ROAR VTA is going to 25.5 anyway.?
I want to get into this class so bad. I have a cool painted camaro SS body with flames on it. I would like to race a 427 cobra body to. I have plans on building a VTA car with a GTB speedo and 25.5 balistic motor, 4000mah shorty lipo in a Losi JRXS-R.
Sounds like you have your own ideas of what we are doing here and you want your own custom class. I made that mistake too. I invite you, actually I dare you to do it like the current rules as they are posted. See if you dont fall in love and feel the way the rest of us do. The ones who are on here defending the rules as they are. Best wishes to you. I hope you dont feel too beat up by all of our banter.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 6376vette
To Robk

I'm sure you don't hear this enough. Thank you.

Thanks to all of the vta guys who keep this fun and interesting.
This.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am not sore or beat up on the rules. I have been out of the hobby for a while and now that I am getting back into it after a 4 years, I feel a bit overwhelmed. I have an addict to this hobby and I will do what I have to in order to race this class. I may think some of the rules are off, but I will follow them and most importantly HAVE FUN! I watched the video posted a page or two ago and I like the class.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wonder if anyone has put real motor sounds in their VTA?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
Hi Rob,

Is the battery required to be both cells in the same case, or are saddle packs allowed? Can we use two individual 1s cells wired in series? I ask because there are some older chassis (like the Xray T1) that require major mods to fit the 2s-in-a-case Lipo battery. Thanks in advance for your reply!
Saddle packs are fine.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
Originally Posted by wwddww34
Here's a video of yesterday's VTA 1st Qual Race at Mike's Hobby Shop...
http://youtu.be/_XqPcJO2ef8
Are all those VTA cars supposed to spend so much time upside down?
Yes, that's all part of VTA racing.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am not sore or beat up on the rules. I have been out of the hobby for a while and now that I am getting back into it after a 4 years, I feel a bit overwhelmed. I have an addict to this hobby and I will do what I have to in order to race this class. I may think some of the rules are off, but I will follow them and most importantly HAVE FUN! I watched the video posted a page or two ago and I like the class.

One of the really great things about this class is that it's very laid back. Most club races I have been to, the racers and the track staff go out of their way to help people out. Its competitive racing that remains laid back and FUN! Most of the rules (I think) help keep the class simple, consistent, and competitive. Not to mention the cars look cool!

Here is some VTA Racing from last season -
http://youtu.be/oH_GN0CBvqA
Old 02-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yep
Old 02-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where's the Vesseli Racing GTO when you need it??
Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

hey gents,

Quick question. Does USVTA have an approve battery list or is one of those "meh 5000mahor lower hard case roar approved....its good to go" type of thing?

Also DarkSide Any Idea if USVTA will aprove the HPI Trans Am body? Would love it for VTA because as of current the USGT class currently does not have a combo esc and motor for the 21.5.

I am slowly getting into the "rules" thing because I am trying to make an appearance at one of the VTA races. Have the body, care, tires, and motor/esc combo. I just need the driver and the correct batteries.

Again I can not thank Dino (Evoracer) enough for getting intrested not only into the hobby again but a class I enjoy!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vampyrehntrd
hey gents,

Quick question. Does USVTA have an approve battery list or is one of those "meh 5000mahor lower hard case roar approved....its good to go" type of thing?

Also DarkSide Any Idea if USVTA will aprove the HPI Trans Am body? Would love it for VTA because as of current the USGT class currently does not have a combo esc and motor for the 21.5.

I am slowly getting into the "rules" thing because I am trying to make an appearance at one of the VTA races. Have the body, care, tires, and motor/esc combo. I just need the driver and the correct batteries.

Again I can not thank Dino (Evoracer) enough for getting intrested not only into the hobby again but a class I enjoy!
Dave, No "approved " battery list like ROAR. Some tracks may require you to use batteries from the ROAR approved list but Rob King just announced that VTA will simply require ANY 5000mah HARD CASE battery as the standard so things may change. Ask Myron (Darkside) if you're interested in visiting Memphis. Finances willing, We'll make it a Roadtrip.
Seriously doubt VTA will accept the late model Trans Am body.
And THANK YOU for getting involved with our club. I'm glad I can be of help.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

OK, everything is starting to come together nicely buttt....
Wound up with a TC4. Working on the big stuff before I begin rebuilding diffs and such. Mention was made about needing to dremel out for gearing. How much gear should I expect to need to hang on this thing with say a 78 or 80 tooth spur?
Old 02-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

VTA ROAR rules: I think who ever thought of these rules is corney. To that I mean I think going with a 25.5 motor is poorly thought of. I like the 21.5 motor is slow enough. Also to force people to have numbers on their car and a driver is rediculous! Use the KISS method. Pre 1970's muscle car, 5000mah battery, non advancable speedo and any paint job acceptable with a 21.5 motor. I like the tire specs reqired. I am complaining because if I ever want to race in a ROAR event in FL I will have to do a lot more to my car then I can afford. I want to get into this class so bad. I have a cool painted camaro SS body with flames on it. I would like to race a 427 cobra body to. I have plans on building a VTA car with a GTB speedo and 25.5 balistic motor, 4000mah shorty lipo in a Losi JRXS-R. How hard should the spring set up be and shock oil used?
I swear it must be something in the water down here in Florida that makes RC'ers want to be different to the point of being silly. Some of us apparently made the right choice by simply drinking lots of alcohol instead !!
Who would want to take a succesful program and nacker it up to the point where it has no resemblance to the original concept. And NO...we don't care much about ROAR influence. I just don't and won't understand why so many drivers want 1 little RC car to be some sort of Transformer that at the touch of a button can be a perfect fit for different classes. Everybody needs to understand that VTA is one of the only classes to have real success even though it has ALWAYS been a niche class with unique rules. Bottom line...don't want to make the commitment ?....race another class !! There's a few guys in line that have no problem wanting to be part of a truly unique bunch of racers who couldn't care less about being able to race the same chassis in 2 or 3 classes just by changing the body and tires. We'd rather race the same great class all freakin day long !!
MasterPlan, I don't know you but it's a shame you're getting such conflicting information. If you'd like to race with a bunch of folks who really enjoy VTA and have done so for 4+ years, come on over and we'll make you feel welcomed.
Sorry for the rant. Long live VTA and THANKS to Rob and everybody else who keeps presenting VTA in a positive light.

Last edited by Evoracer; 02-17-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Where's the Vesseli Racing GTO when you need it??
no that's the Vesseli Racing Rallibu... ask him about Rallibu... the real story still gets funnier each time I tell it.....
Old 02-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You're looking at 3.8 to 4.0 FDR. That's a good place to start with a 25.5 motor. Sooo.... 50/80 or 49/78

Originally Posted by Geno-Machino
OK, everything is starting to come together nicely buttt....
Wound up with a TC4. Working on the big stuff before I begin rebuilding diffs and such. Mention was made about needing to dremel out for gearing. How much gear should I expect to need to hang on this thing with say a 78 or 80 tooth spur?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.