U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
Here's a couple of mine in action.
Photo's courtesy of Doug.
Man, that car looks killer. What rims are those?
Old 01-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harjo
Man, that car looks killer. What rims are those?

They are the 5 spoke matt chrome with the inside painted black with a sharpie
Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Nice, well it looks great. Thanks a lot for the info.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

yea, we are getting some cars ready and running some T/A down here in OK. here are a few crappy cell pix of my Camaro:
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-pic-0017.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-pic-0018.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-pic-0019.jpg  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ran our first race today with 3 cars. Its gonna be cool!! Cars all had different motor battery combos but mainly because not everyone had everything yet, but we kept the speeds close and had a good time.

Here's mine with a 'Cuda on the way.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-p1010150.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-p1010151.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-p1010153.jpg  
Old 01-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Great Pics Fellas!

This class is looking more fun by the day!
Old 01-14-2008, 05:24 AM
dsm
Tech Apprentice

Great pics,I have a TC3 and TC4,my cars are 190, if those bodies are HPI, Are yall installing a 200 mm change over kit on the cars or offset wheels?I would love to see a class like this at our lhs.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Keep the photos coming, guys. They all look fantastic. And if your home track is planning on running this class with our rules, let me know and I'll add your tracks to the Track list on the website.

I have compiled a list of car final drive ratios, and will be posting it to the website later today for track and racer use. It may help some guys chose cars, as if they wish to run 17.5 brushless, they MAY want to avoid a car with a rather high internal drive ratio if at all possible. Even still though, by my rough calculations, even cars like the TC3 (2.5 IR) can hit the number with a little effort.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dsm
Great pics,I have a TC3 and TC4,my cars are 190, if those bodies are HPI, Are yall installing a 200 mm change over kit on the cars or offset wheels?I would love to see a class like this at our lhs.
Yup, the part numbers for the wheels and tires are in our rulebook, but the fronts are 0mm offset (26mm wide) and the rears are 6mm offset (31mm wide). They fit under the 200mm bodies like you see in the photos. All of our cars are 190mm electric cars only.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Michiana RC (in Mishawaka, Indiana) will hold the first annual "King of the Road" on-road trophy race on January 27th, 2008.

Time: Sunday, January 27th. Doors open at 8:00am, racing starts at Noon

Website: www.michianarc.com All track information is there, including class rules, etc.

Track: Track is 36' x 60'. Carpet is CRC Ozite (two seasons old).

General: Three heats and a main. Re-sorts will be done after the second round. IFMAR qualifying in all classes. Scoring done with RC Scoring Pro software. Personal transponders are not only accepted, but recommended. We do have house transponders.

Cost: First class will be $15.00, second class $10.00, any additional class is $5.00.

Registration: We will do (and recommend) an advance registration. We will have the signup sheet available soon, and signup will be able to be done either online or in-person at the track. We will RESERVE PIT SPACE based on registrations. We have plenty of pit spaces available, both in two lofts, or on the track floor. We will begin registrations THIS FRIDAY. Entry form is available here.

Classes and Rules:
  • 12th Scale Stock Advanced: This class follows ROAR rules for all car specs. Motors allowed are ROAR-legal Brushed Stock Motors, or 17.5 Brushless systems (no tuning rotors allowed) Batteries are a 4600mAh limit. 8 minute heats and mains.
  • 12th Scale Novice: This is a Michiana RC Class that runs all the same rules as stock, but uses standard Mabuchi 540 motors. (We sell them at the track dirt-cheap) This class is intended for the novice racer. 5 minute heats and mains.
  • Touring Car Stock Advanced: This is a FOAM TIRE class (although rubber tires are permitted) Cars follow ROAR rules. Motors allowed are ROAR-legal Brushed Stock Motors, or 13.5 Brushless systems (no tuning rotors allowed) Batteries are a 4600mAh limit, or LiPo batteries that fit the criteria listed HERE. 5 minute heats and mains.
  • Stadium Truck Novice: This is a Michiana RC class that runs on the carpet with full carpeted jumps & a tabletop. Foam tires are recommended (although rubber tires are permitted, but any SOFT knobbies must be ground down to a slick-like status) Trucks follow ROAR rules. Motors allowed are ROAR-legal Brushed Stock Motors, or 13.5 Brushless systems (no tuning rotors allowed) Batteries are a 4600mAh limit, or LiPo batteries that fit the criteria listed HERE. 5 minute heats and mains. This is intended for the novice racer.
  • Stadium Truck Stock Advanced: This is a Michiana RC class that runs on the carpet with full carpeted jumps & a tabletop. Foam tires are recommended (although rubber tires are permitted, but any SOFT knobbies must be ground down to a slick-like status) Trucks follow ROAR rules. Motors allowed are ROAR-legal Brushed Stock Motors, or 13.5 Brushless systems (no tuning rotors allowed) Batteries are a 4600mAh limit, or LiPo batteries that fit the criteria listed HERE. 5 minute heats and mains. This class usually has a competitive 1-2 lap separation, and is intended for advanced racers.
  • Mini (18th Scale) Open: This will be an open class for any mini car or truck. The class will race in an ON-ROAD configuration (no jumps). Scalpels, Xray's Mini, 18T's, and the like can run. Motors are open (brushed or brushless). Batteries are open to most anything. LiPo's, however, are NOT allowed in this class (no hard cases)
  • U.S. Vintage Trans Am: This will be an exhibition class for this race, and will run based completely on the U.S. Vintage Trans Am rules and class structure. Please see www.usvintagetransam.com for complete rules and contact information.
General Note on Classes: Often times, we get asked about "other" classes, such as Modified or 19 turn classes. We will purchase trophies for the above listed classes ONLY, as they will be personalized to the class. You ARE welcome to race a class not listed above. However, we MUST have a minimum of four to a class (for marshaling). If you show up with the only intention of running, say, TC Modified- understand there is the possibility that you will NOT be racing. Keep that in mind, please. We'll do our best to accommodate you, but will adhere to the rules, and will not compromise (I.E., there MUST be four cars, we will NOT allow you to race in another class that's "close")

I'm planning on bringing both of my cars out there on the 27th. It should be a little over 2 hours or so from the Chicago area and is close enough for Michigan, Illinois, Ohio and Indiana touring car guys to come and get a taste of this great class. Hope to see you there.

Last edited by squarehead; 01-14-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to a college in the same town my Jr. and Sr. year of college(Bethel). I enjoy running stock rubber at Trackside, but I want to build a Trans Am car when I go away for college. Hopefully they make more Trans Am bodies...I want something different
Old 01-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Bethel Collage

Right across the street from where the track is. Now that's convienient.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Doug,

FSEARA will be having the first race of our 2008 season next week. We will be running the Vintage T/A class for the first time as an option class. I have recieved a lot of feedback that we shoud be looking at two heats full of cars. We will report back, during the weekend.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Tim be sure to get alot of pictures of the cars and some racing too
Old 01-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by acyrier
Right across the street from where the track is. Now that's convienient.
Not only is the school great for me...but I can race every Friday and play tennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.