Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
The SS motors are adjustable timing, but there is a stop, unlike the Ballistics. I know people will add timing, so that is the purpose of limiting the Ballistics to the last mark on the sticker.
here you go

"Ballistic motors must not be advanced beyond the timing range sticker. "
Old 10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

here you go

"Ballistic motors must not be advanced beyond the timing range sticker. "
thanks!...now i will order my 25.5 MOTOR
Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by starrx
look im not tryna cause any problems...i was just looking @ the realility of the situation....you have two motors...ballistic & SS...(only 2 motors you can use to race in VTA Right)...but one of these motors have an advantage over the other..(right)..the timing in the ballistic has way more timing then the SS Motor...(if there is no rule that you cant turn the timinig up on the ballistic motor) how does that make it fair for ppl that brought the SS Motor...thats all i was tryna to get across.....unless the rules state that ballistic can only use so much motor timing......im not complaining...just thinking because i was just about to order a 25.5 motor & i was going to get the SS.....But as like anyone else that race...no one wants to be @ a disadvantage....so robk or anybody could clear this up for me......dont get me wrong i love VTA i do well @ vta i been doing it for the last 2years....i repeat this is not a complaint
In the amount of time it took you to make that post on Facebook you could have gone to the usvta site and saw the rule posted yourself.Its been there since Sept.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tread1
In the amount of time it took you to make that post on Facebook you could have gone to the usvta site and saw the rule posted yourself.Its been there since Sept.
you right i could have...but i didnt... i got the answer i was looking for
Old 10-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

There may be an issue with the 208 spec profile, which is the exact reason we have chosen to stick with ESCs that cannot be reflashed with new firmware.
Could it be that some are more "spec" than others???

Our club is running 1/12 17.5 as a "spec" class. I had to run my old GTB 4-cell since my KO's weren't back from getting the "Spec" upgrade. Pretty much everybody else was running Tekin on 208. My car was EMBARRASSINGLY slow by comparison on the straights.

We'll be watching. There is a rumor afloat as to what the "problem" was, will be interesting to see if it pans out. Regardless, I'm sure Tekin are doing whatever it takes to satisfy ROAR and regain certification.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, If you can get a hold of one of those Camaros, run it. There is not a separate P/N available right now, so it won't be on the website.
Ok theres the word from the boss. Problem is if you can get one its gonna be orange like that. I think I will wait or go with the 68.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

hi everyone....

turning the timmng up on either motor will increase the temps...thus making it slower in a 8 min main...Im not a motor guru, but I have all 3 motors and they all seem equal with the right gearing....

both my SS(TC3) and Ballistic(TC5) are set to the middle, and they are great for all types of tracks .....

Im very happy with the motors that Novak put out for our class...

and Snoop if you want that body...buy the Sprint Sport and sell the chassis and radio...and keep the rims/tires/body....it works for me...since CC hasnt sent mine either...hi again..lol
Old 10-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
and Snoop if you want that body...buy the Sprint Sport and sell the chassis and radio...and keep the rims/tires/body....it works for me...since CC hasnt sent mine either...hi again..lol
I get revved up about answering questions on here. I do really like the Z28 shell, but I like the HPI 68 so well that it does not matter that much to me. I found myself in Walmart today considering cutting a Barbie in half to get her in the car. What is this world coming to? I bought a Tamiya Frog replacement shell about two years ago and it comes with a decent looking driver that I think will work well in the VTA ride. That is once I get it painted.

I guess I have to drive to Nashville if I want a decent VTA race. You will have to throw me in with the kids because I havent driven VTA in a while and I wasnt that good then.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

we have some out of town guys coming up to race on the next on-road race after Memphis X-ray Challenge...which is next weekend...come on up if you can..
Old 10-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I posted this in the Ofna JL-10e thread but got no response. Maybe someone here can help us out.

We have a new guy at our carpet track that purchased a JL-10e used. We believe it to be all original but can't be certain. We are struggling with set up. It pushes really bad under power. Turn in is pretty good. I have laid down the front shocks all the way, stood up the rear shocks all the way. Ride height is about 4.5 in the front and 10 in the back. Droop in the front is almost nil. It's better but still not where it should be. Can someone that races this chassis on carpet please share their setup so we can get him on pace with the rest of us?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by woodys3b
I posted this in the Ofna JL-10e thread but got no response. Maybe someone here can help us out.

We have a new guy at our carpet track that purchased a JL-10e used. We believe it to be all original but can't be certain. We are struggling with set up. It pushes really bad under power. Turn in is pretty good. I have laid down the front shocks all the way, stood up the rear shocks all the way. Ride height is about 4.5 in the front and 10 in the back. Droop in the front is almost nil. It's better but still not where it should be. Can someone that races this chassis on carpet please share their setup so we can get him on pace with the rest of us?

Thanks
Having gone as far as you have with the suspension if you are still not getting the results you want, maybe you should look elswhere for problems. How about the front and rear diff tightness? Look for problems there as well. Also, this car has a very similar layout to the TC3 and TC4. Are there some racers using those cars that you can compare setups with? Are there castor blocks available for this car? Total front castor of around 4 to 6 degrees seems to be ideal. I don't have a JL10e but I thought I'd throw out a few ideas.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

We are working on starting up a VTA class here but due to the carpet and other factors we don;t have very good grip. The existing club members that run 1/12 have asked us to run foam tires. Does anyone know of any foam (hard compound) that have a 6mm offset or that will work at all?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdeadman
We are working on starting up a VTA class here but due to the carpet and other factors we don;t have very good grip. The existing club members that run 1/12 have asked us to run foam tires. Does anyone know of any foam (hard compound) that have a 6mm offset or that will work at all?

Thanks
Lots and lots of people run USVTA on carpet and get it to hook up. You'll have much better results in this thread asking for help on how to set your cars up for carpet than asking for help on running outside the established rules.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default VINTAGE Trans-Am Decals

I have vintage racing decals availible.These are the Hpi decals with circles and numbers. Please pm me if you want them.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-picture-8016.jpg1.jpg  
Old 10-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Lots and lots of people run USVTA on carpet and get it to hook up. You'll have much better results in this thread asking for help on how to set your cars up for carpet than asking for help on running outside the established rules.
My problem is not traction. It's the fact that rubber tires remove the "grove" that the Foam tire users put down. Or so our club members are saying.

I am just trying to appease the group we will be racing with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.