Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Some people find it easier to blame equipment for their failings as drivers or as excuses for rough driving. "I couldn't brake--one-way". So race directors found it easier to ban a particular piece of equipment than enforce race discipline on racers. May as well ban transmitters since that's where all those faulty instructions are coming from.

So we have bans on one-ways at some clubs and at the USVTA Nats this year.
What he said...

One of the stupidest rules ever.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Rob, YGPM

Originally Posted by robk
If those are associated springs, you have a 40 lb spring on the front, and a 28 on the back. You need to change to something like Blue on the front (17 lb??) and Silver on the rear (15 lb)

Also try 40W oil front and 30W rear for a start.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
I have a request:

When you publish this list, could you add the Novak controllers that are allowed? I have read this information posted in quite a few places with none of our controllers listed.

We have worked with USVTA to make our products available to racers and hobby dealers at a discounted price and would love to have all of our non-timing escs included.
Tekin max Vegas 200 NO TURBO
Mamba pro NO CHEAT MODE
LRP SPX profile 4
LRP TC Spec profile 6
LRP SPHERE Comp profile 6
KO BMC TBD
SpeedPassion Software versions 091231 and any software start with 10XXXX are illegal
No Black diamonds whatsoever
Final ESC rules will be announced before the race...will be very similar to Novak race, timing may be restricted as well
Novak escs ALL are legal

A list like this is only meant to restrict what would normally have to be excluded. Novak has always been fully legal as is.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Some people find it easier to blame equipment for their failings as drivers or as excuses for rough driving. "I couldn't brake--one-way". So race directors found it easier to ban a particular piece of equipment than enforce race discipline on racers. May as well ban transmitters since that's where all those faulty instructions are coming from.

Those were the track owner's wishes for this years nationals. Everything went just fine. Wish you could have made it.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Company Representative

Since the esc list omits Novak controllers, new racers getting involved in the USVTA series (and not following the "timing" discussions) may think that the escs listed are the only ones that are legal. I understand the distinction, but I don't think that we should assume that new customers will.

Originally Posted by Dondor
Myron's list is compiled as a basis for all the other controllers to be on equal footing with the Novak's. As best as I can recall, you can use any Novak at any profile. There is no limit, the only one that would be subject would be the Kinetic.

One way rule, I believe it was put in place because of all the rearending that was going on entering corners. Someone else might have more information.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, just wanted to drop off some USVTA pics from our event this past weekend at New Jersey Motorsport Park...

http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/t...ports%20track/

You'll have to dig through a bit for the VTA pics, but I think you will find all the other class pics interesting....

Our next event there will be on Sunday June 20th, if there are any other USVTA racers here in the Northeast interested....

Here is the link to NJMP....
http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/
Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How was your VTA racing this past weeked?

I had a great time parking lot racing on Sunday in Indy. There was a 3 way battle for the lead for most of the main. I mananged some how to cave in the front end of my Pegasus Mustang, so it looked like a real Trans Am race car (check out the pic in the VTA pics thread). Still managed to almost take the win with last corner pass, but ended up 2nd by less than .3 seconds!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Exactly, I thought I was beating a dead horse back on pages 556-58 about this very issue.

Oh well, I had great fun at the 2010 Midwest Dirt Oval Championships.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Those were the track owner's wishes for this years nationals. Everything went just fine. Wish you could have made it.
I wish I could have too--I have more fun traveling to races and meeting new folks than I do actually racing. Had it been scheduled in the summertime I'd have made EVERY effort to make that happen, unfortunately being scheduled during the school year makes it a non-starter for me. Then again I'm sure there are others for whom summer makes it tough.

For next year if it was scheduled either side of the Elkhart Lake historics (mid July every year) I wouldn't have an excuse to not go!!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Had a great Sunday of racing !! Total setup change, a great track layout and, finally, a speed that brings "driving" back as the primary skill in rc racing. Thanks VTA, Thanks Novak, Thanks HPI.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I raced VTA two weekends in a row, and this weekend will make it three in a row. Starting with Brownie's Hobbies on Staten Island's Midland beach racetrack two weekends ago, their program is great because the track is well sized for close quarters VTA fender rubbing, plus it's literally AT A BEACH! Last weekend I raced VTA with Ray Murray's South Jersey Cost Controlled Racing program at New Jersey Motorsports Park, which is totally rad because we (the r/c racers) ARE the entertainment for the 1:1 spectators, and we get to watch all the 1:1 racecars up close and personal in the paddock, and the r/c track is uber-car friendly. Next weekend I'll be running VTA in the Memorial Day trophy race at Jackson NJ's curbylicious facility! Busy month!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
I have a request:

When you publish this list, could you add the Novak controllers that are allowed? I have read this information posted in quite a few places with none of our controllers listed.

We have worked with USVTA to make our products available to racers and hobby dealers at a discounted price and would love to have all of our non-timing escs included.
sorry for that...the list is for those that have been running these esc and making the class completly out of character....the list is what has become the "standard" for most clubs and the Nats for ppl that dont have a Novak esc (excl Kenetic)...if you have a Novak Havok Series,GTB,XBR...you have made the tech at the track very happy.....no disrespect at all to the Novak family...

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
Whats the reasoning with the No one way rule?
alot of ppl have the reasoning of this and that...coming to the Nats last year, was my 1st big race...and my local "fast guys"(thx) got with me to learn to drive ppl clean...for months....now to credit the bad driving on one-ways is beyond me...Im not that technical or knowledgable with driving styles to know if its on purpose or an accident....but I will say this that this year was alot less "messy"...alot less wrecks, alot more laid back....I feel the driving was alot more clean this year than last...thanks EW...is that due to no one-ways..who knows?....but it was better....

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
How was your VTA racing this past weeked?

I had a great time parking lot racing on Sunday in Indy. There was a 3 way battle for the lead for most of the main. I mananged some how to cave in the front end of my Pegasus Mustang, so it looked like a real Trans Am race car (check out the pic in the VTA pics thread). Still managed to almost take the win with last corner pass, but ended up 2nd by less than .3 seconds!
coming off the "A-main finish" at the 2010 Scale Nats(both classes), I was pretty cocky this past Sunday....but Jason coming off a "A-main finish" at the TOP Gun Race in Jonesboro, he was probably feeling a little too...we battled all day till the main...he was a car ahead of me and on lap 1, I was on my lid for almost the entire time....went to the line in 10th place!!!...but with some steady driving in 8mins, moved to 2nd and finally moved to 1st, after he got caught up in lap traffic...but it was short lived as I did the same a lap later...its was alot of fun even 2nd place is the pooh if your having fun getting there....mark your calendar JG...Im coming for my 1st place spot on June 13th...look for me....
Old 05-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im new to vta and our local club runs the 540 j motor any esc and 5000mah 40c lipo max. I have a question that I was hoping to get help with. I would like to know what FDR I should be trying to achieve as our longest straight is about 100ft but the track is also pretty tight and technical. as for my car its an hpi sprint 2 with a sidewinder esc (the only extra esc I have with lipo cut off) 3200 mah 25c lipo and the 540 j so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 05-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

is the stock club racing cirtrix or whatever its called speedo being testing for possible approval with USVTA? if so, any news?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i know this is a crazy and almost complete newbie question, but...

does anyone have pics of a GTB in thier vintage setups? I'm deciding about switching from my RS to the GTB (for no 'excuses' tech) and am running into issues trying to figure out how to mount the speedo since its so much bigger then the RS

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.