Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

luv That '57

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hey All, just wanted to announce that our club is officially going all Vintage. I say Vintage because we'll also be adopting a Vintage Oval class. All using official VTA motor/batt rules. We're making allowances for the Pantera and Corvette bodies in VTA and Oval will be any appropriate vintage oval body of any year below 1975. I imagine we'll see mostly the Superbird, Talladega, Cyclone and Monte Carlo but I'm sure the 57 will see some action. (Not mine of course !).
It appears that we might be the only group in Florida offering VTA !!! Definitely the only one concentrating on Vintage only. Maybe that will change but I don't mind being the only child.
On that note and with some plans rolling around in my pea brain.....Are plans for next years Nationals already being made??
Has anyone thought of setting up a Regionals program ?
Any thoughts would be great. Thanks folks for supporting a great program and making VTA what rc racing should be about.

BTW, I posted these pics in the VTA paintjobs thread. Kudos to PJ Sines (pejota)for the paint on the 57'
Old 04-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

#1 XXX-S-G Novak SLYDR with 21.5SS 66 mustang HPI 4.45 FDR MX3 radio

#2 XXX-S-RTR Novak XBR with early 21.5 68 Camaro HPI 4.45 FDR MX3 radio

The Losi XXX-S are tanks and will not lose a crash battle. My son tried a XRAY T2 and begged me to get his Losi out again. We are slower and everybody says it's XXX-S fault and I think it is my driving style. Anyways we are going outside to a parking lot and that is where the old LOSI's are suppose to shine. Our fastest guys are XRAY , TC5 and TC4
I can't get the XXX-s to traction roll to save my life,
Old 04-28-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedster1919
#1 XXX-S-G Novak SLYDR with 21.5SS 66 mustang HPI 4.45 FDR MX3 radio

#2 XXX-S-RTR Novak XBR with early 21.5 68 Camaro HPI 4.45 FDR MX3 radio

The Losi XXX-S are tanks and will not lose a crash battle. My son tried a XRAY T2 and begged me to get his Losi out again. We are slower and everybody says it's XXX-S fault and I think it is my driving style. Anyways we are going outside to a parking lot and that is where the old LOSI's are suppose to shine. Our fastest guys are XRAY , TC5 and TC4
I can't get the XXX-s to traction roll to save my life,

It isn't the car !! Or....it might be PART of the problem but nothing that can't be fixed. C'mon over to the thread I linked and you just might pick up some helpful info. No reason at all that a XXXS isn't a perfect choice for VTA.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...k-classes.html

Woops.....did some looking and you've already visited us. In that case...don't be shy...come on back and see if we can help you make those cars run better. Also, thanks for the tip on those sway bar kits.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You might want to try the 27/55 or the 28/55.

That being said though, i think we've found on our tight, technical track that a 4.6 to 5.0 FDR works for us. So if you have the TT-01 chart you may want to try the 52 tooth spur with the suggested mods and a 28 or 29 pinion.

And if you don't want to bother with all that, get a TC3 and i'll send you my setup sheet. I already have it equipped with 64 pitch gears and the 25.5. As Evoracer will attest, it's pretty dialed for our track.

Originally Posted by Timbulb
I recently acquired a brushless system to run in my club's VTA class. For the first little while I'm going to run it in my Tamiya TT01, until I find another chassis cheap. Can anyone suggest a good pinion/spur combo to start with? The stock 19/61 is slower than molasses in january. I have the 55T & 58T spur gears to work with and the pinion chart. Just wanna know what anyone else might have tried.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks, my club is sticking with the 21.5 for the forseeable future. I'm gonna start with a 23/58 combo at first until I know what my temperature is gonna be like, that'll leave me a couple pinion sizes to go up. I plan on buying a TC3 that someone is selling locally but it'll be a couple months for me to save the money. (So many other RC related things I need as well )
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Hey All, just wanted to announce that our club is officially going all Vintage. I say Vintage because we'll also be adopting a Vintage Oval class. All using official VTA motor/batt rules. We're making allowances for the Pantera and Corvette bodies in VTA and Oval will be any appropriate vintage oval body of any year below 1975. I imagine we'll see mostly the Superbird, Talladega, Cyclone and Monte Carlo but I'm sure the 57 will see some action. (Not mine of course !).
We have a few guys here who are interested in a vintage oval class as well....I'll let you know how it pans out....
Old 04-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Any east coast USVTA guys - check out this thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...23-2010-a.html

Ray Murray and SJCCR are putting on a sweet event at new jersey motorsports park in May

we run USVTA rules with zero boost/zero timing on all speedo (tekin, lrp, etc)...we got a great following in our area and had a super turnout for this event last year
Old 04-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Man, i'm envious of you guys...

Too bad the Florida folks aren't into the scale racing. It's nothing but fast, Fast and FAST!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pejota
Man, i'm envious of you guys...

Too bad the Florida folks aren't into the scale racing. It's nothing but fast, Fast and FAST!!!!
We have them here too, but we also have 5 times as many casual, basher type racers that love scale racing as well....

It's just a matter of catering to these type of racers....
Old 04-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
We have them here too, but we also have 5 times as many casual, basher type racers that love scale racing as well....

It's just a matter of catering to these type of racers....
You hit the nail on the head Ray. You don't know it but that's some of the best encouragement I've heard. Thanks !
Old 04-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

You hit the nail on the head Ray. You don't know it but that's some of the best encouragement I've heard. Thanks !
It's just not enough to open a VTA class at your local tracks, and expect all the pro type racers to jump onboard.

I'm sure everyone reading this can think of at least a dozen racers who have gotten out, over the last few years, because they couldn't keep up with all the technology.

Those are the guys we need to look at, to get into VTA. More than likely, they still have everything they need to build a competitive VTA car.

We're lucky to have so many racers like that here in our area....

Old 04-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1...(Music City Championships)....we hope....soon to have a Pavement Nats

40+ local Trans-am racers 2 years in a row....
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-darksideracing025m.jpg  
Old 04-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Are plans for next years Nationals already being made??
Has anyone thought of setting up a Regionals program ?
Any thoughts would be great. Thanks folks for supporting a great program and making VTA what rc racing should be about.
Anybody got answers to these ?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Help!!

I'm trying to figure out where/how to mount a driver's head/shoulders on my TC3 chassis. Looks like the best option may be to attach a post to the battery strap, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Help!!

I'm trying to figure out where/how to mount a driver's head/shoulders on my TC3 chassis. Looks like the best option may be to attach a post to the battery strap, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks.
The easiest thing is a bit of scrap lexan to make a shelf. A lot of times I put it on the battery strap, so the driver can come off easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.