Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flat4
sorry kinda a bit of a noob, i have not race 1/10 for along time. the venom lipo 5000 40c packs. would they be good for the VTA class? btw i am building my car for the summer season.
Sure, if you already have these packs they will work fine. If you are buying a new battery I would suggest ThunderPower 40c pack. You can easily get away with one battery for VTA.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default VTA XRAY T2 007

I have a Xray T2 007 Roller set up for VTA

I need a Lipo, ESC, and Motor.

Upgrades Include:
* Full Ceramic Bearing Set (3 races)
* Front One Way
* All new axles (1 race)

Any input?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Immo
I have a Xray T2 007 Roller set up for VTA

I need a Lipo, ESC, and Motor.

Upgrades Include:
* Full Ceramic Bearing Set (3 races)
* Front One Way
* All new axles (1 race)

Any input?
I would consider buying the Ballistic 21.5 to make the transition easier in September when the rules package changes to 25.5. The Ballistic series motors have interchangeable stators (winds) that makes it less expensive to change stators than buy a whole new motor.

Depending on what surface you race on, the one-way front "diff" may or may not be the way to go. A spool would be the other likely choice for front drive.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

anyone got background on where they see benefits of using a oneway diff in VTA?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hogmansp
Any tracks running VTA near the Dubuque Iowa area? Thanks
There will be VTA at Twin Bridges RC Raceway this Sunday on the 31st. Doors open at 8 AM and racing starts 11 to 11:30 AM.

Directions can be found here: http://www.twinbridgesrc.com/
Old 01-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Oneways work best on high bite, open tracks with a smooth driving style using very little to no brakes.

They can be very fast is stock class once you get use to using one. There's a bit of a learning curve with a oneway tho, going into a corner while carrying the speed you can with a oneway takes some getting used to.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I would consider buying the Ballistic 21.5 to make the transition easier in September when the rules package changes to 25.5. The Ballistic series motors have interchangeable stators (winds) that makes it less expensive to change stators than buy a whole new motor.

Depending on what surface you race on, the one-way front "diff" may or may not be the way to go. A spool would be the other likely choice for front drive.

Also don't forget about Novak's exchange program too.
Dave
Old 01-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
My own experience with one-ways is that I can get my best ultimate lap times if I'm using one on a pretty much open track, etc. The down side, though, is that (again, in my experience) in the "cut and thrust" of actual racing and dicing for position that losing the ability to try and dive inside someone and brake hard to take away the line offsets those "ultimate" fast laps. For this reason I've pretty much given up on one-ways and run a spool in spec classes. Has MOST of the advantage of a one-way but you can still nail the brakes when you want to.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi All, Our club is looking at a return to VTA now that the motor/esc rules are changing. I'm a little confused though.....whats with the other VTA threads ? This one is the original ( I think) and then theres one which says it's for everyone who likes the rules as they are. Isn't this a bit counter-productive ? It just makes things look confused and disorganised. I've had 2 of our new racers call me about this because I've already made the proposal about the change from RCGT to VTA. Is there really that much dissention within the group now?? Given the situation in RCGT it seems that VTA is taking a pro-active stand for the greater good and future of the class. So "Whats up"? VTA racers.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hi All, Our club is looking at a return to VTA now that the motor/esc rules are changing. I'm a little confused though.....whats with the other VTA threads ? This one is the original ( I think) and then theres one which says it's for everyone who likes the rules as they are. Isn't this a bit counter-productive ? It just makes things look confused and disorganised. I've had 2 of our new racers call me about this because I've already made the proposal about the change from RCGT to VTA. Is there really that much dissention within the group now?? Given the situation in RCGT it seems that VTA is taking a pro-active stand for the greater good and future of the class. So "Whats up"? VTA racers.
There are some guys who don't like the new rules/direction. It's up to each track to decide what they want. This is the thread for the USVTA national rules.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

It also seems like once the initial shock passed that more folks / tracks seem to be on-board with the change.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I hope all you rules makers know that some of us really appreciate the change but most importantly that you were WILLING to make the change. That doesn't happen often in this hobby. It seems this class is filled with people who really appreciate it and are willing to swing with the changes. That's a good recipe for a long lived class.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tell that to the guys in the other VTA thread.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If spending $130 for a brand new LEGAL speedo along with a brand new LEGAL 25.5 motor, racing with everyone that used the same speedo and motor that you don't have to worry about someone is using the latest the greatest "software/turbo" and having a good FAIR and straightly "SKILL" spec racing..........is NOT the way to go, then I don't know what is the way to go.

With all the money that I am saving...I don't know what should I do? May be I will race 1/8th nitro ON ROAD on snow instead....so I can spend money and stimulate the economy...
Old 01-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
racing with everyone that used the same speedo
The speedos don't have to be the same as there is more than just 1 speed control allowed, and most likely you will have those who will then gravitate towards whatever speedo has the perceived edge, say the GTB or whatever, and then who knows, that may be an issue in the future too.

For me at least, I figured I would go with the least cost option for speedo in VTA as I doubt some rule change in the future will make the cheapo slow speedo illegal.

And later on who knows, guys may find a way to make 25.5 "too fast". Best bet if you are worried about change, get the ballistic.

Not a bad combo, Havoc refurb and ballistic 21.5 / 25.5 (depending on when you buy of course) for $150 + shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.