Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mike,

I'll have to check the schedule and see what races I could make. The Indiana race on a Sunday did not work well for me.

I'll ask around at Tracksdie and see if we could get a team together.

Marty (The Father of Vintage Trans-AM)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ing-class.html
Old 11-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

With ROAR increasing qualifiers to 6-minutes will we see an increase in the USVTA rules for qualifying to match?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

We are not ROAR. We are not changing anything with our rules to adapt to ROAR changes right now.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With all respect to ROAR, I dont think we should change just because they do. Although locally we have run an eight minute main and then sometimes just a five. So Im wondering,"Did they really think about what they were doing or was the scoring computer still set up from the last TC class?"
Old 11-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
With all respect to ROAR, I dont think we should change just because they do. Although locally we have run an eight minute main and then sometimes just a five. So Im wondering,"Did they really think about what they were doing or was the scoring computer still set up from the last TC class?"

Gees...

Six minute racing is for electric nationals. VTA does not have a national program in ROAR yet. The rule book is set for nationals primarily and all programs work those rules into their program WHEN POSSIBLE.

Nobody is telling Doug what to do. Nobody will tell Doug what to do. ROAR added this as there is obviously interest and we were asked to add this as a class.

ROAR is all about choices in racing to its membership. If you don't want to be a part of ROAR, thats fine. Its just another choice.

OK?
Old 11-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Lord

Region 1 will be having their carpet on road regional the weekend after Thanksgiving (Dec. 6 and 7). When I first heard ROAR was going to recognize this class I wanted to make sure racers had the opportunity to run it at the Regional, even though it's still only 2008. Because of the short notice we will be using the USVTA rules for this race only! Next year we will go to the more strict ROAR rules, at least at the Regional level.

We're not trying to take away your fun, we're trying to add some fun to our races.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Hopefully we will be able to have vta at the regional, i know there are enough people who will be in attendance that own a vta car, just gotta get everyone to bring them.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Apexspeed- is there an FDR limit on 17.5 motors in VTA at this time? the way I read the rules, there is not, the only limit on FDR in the rules I see is on 21.5 lipo, but since it does not specifically say "no FDR limit" anywhere for 17.5, like the 27 turn line does, and some tracks and rules in the past have had an FDR limit on 17.5's, just wondering what the official rulling is on this? Thanks!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

No FDR limit on 17.5s.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Gees...

Six minute racing is for electric nationals. VTA does not have a national program in ROAR yet. The rule book is set for nationals primarily and all programs work those rules into their program WHEN POSSIBLE.

Nobody is telling Doug what to do. Nobody will tell Doug what to do. ROAR added this as there is obviously interest and we were asked to add this as a class.

ROAR is all about choices in racing to its membership. If you don't want to be a part of ROAR, thats fine. Its just another choice.

OK?

You are right about the technology. Just about any class of EP racing can handle six minute mains. Even mod can handle that. Thats fine um.... OK I can see where I am going to have to clarify myself. The part about did they really think about it, I was referring to my local track because VTA mains are supposed to be eight minutes, but most of the time they only run five. So they really arent running the protocol according to the book.

I was not referring to ROAR in that comment. Sorry for the mis. I am excited about ROAR having a class for VTA. I think its a very good thing.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Doug, ygpm.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Please Explain,
(from a person who has only been doing this for a year) what does ROAR even have to do with USVTA, and what does ROAR have to offer by adapting a TA class, I guess I don't get it. So ROAR says "Hey, we'll write down Trans-Am in our little rule book" and this means WHAT??? It's in a book. SOOOOOO.
Someone please explain how it will affect us exclusive Trans-Am racers? I'm so confused
Old 11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Lord

It's something I like to call "cross-pollination."

By having VTA at ROAR races, the Trans Am cars get some exposure in front of the big time RCers, and the Trans Am racers get to see the other side of racing. If you've been doing only TA for a year, you may want to see what the latest and greatest technology looks like. On the other side may be a racer struggling with the decision of getting a new car or dropping out of the hobby, then sees there's new life for his old touring car that's based more on fun than competition. He may still return to TC, but for now he has a place to race. Win-win situation, if you ask me.

It looks like some people are afraid that ROAR is trying to take over USVTA. Nothing is further from the truth. Add to that all the false negativity you hear about ROAR and it's easy to see why people get upset. USVTA is it's own entity and will stay that way. ROAR is just trying to add to that.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Bandit17;5088863]QUOTE]

Bandit,

our icon is the same body, the same colors, and we're both from a city named Franklin.

Spooky.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jiml
It's something I like to call "cross-pollination."

By having VTA at ROAR races, the Trans Am cars get some exposure in front of the big time RCers, and the Trans Am racers get to see the other side of racing. If you've been doing only TA for a year, you may want to see what the latest and greatest technology looks like. On the other side may be a racer struggling with the decision of getting a new car or dropping out of the hobby, then sees there's new life for his old touring car that's based more on fun than competition. He may still return to TC, but for now he has a place to race. Win-win situation, if you ask me.

It looks like some people are afraid that ROAR is trying to take over USVTA. Nothing is further from the truth. Add to that all the false negativity you hear about ROAR and it's easy to see why people get upset. USVTA is it's own entity and will stay that way. ROAR is just trying to add to that.
Not following you, guess it's my downfall, I don't see what ROAR can do for TA that Marty and Doug haven't already done. Doug has put TA on a NATIONAL level, with ads in top RC magazines with support from HPI, and even Hot Rod magazines.
I stay on top of the RC world even though I only run Trans-Am, it's kind of hard not to, so I have that end covered too, I just hope that it doesn't hurt TA, it's really a lot of fun.
Thank you for taking the time to explain, I appreciate it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.