Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daleepp
To Doug, Marty and all the guys who shared your views and opinions regarding my questions: THANKYOU! I hear you loud and clear.

This tread has like 113 pages now - and I confess I really haven't read to many of them - so I've been pretty much out of the loop. What I'm seeing and hearing from all you guys is summed up in one word: Passion.

I think its awsome that you all are so passionate about this VTA class and movement. In a way..... I can relate. The stuff I'm into - well - I'm really into it.
I'll be taking all your comments to heart, I can assure you that. I'll keep you posted if anything developes at my end.

Thanks again! - Dale - Protoform

BTW - while at the SEMA show I spent approx a half hour talking to Parnelli Jones - one of my all time hero drivers. He won the 1970 Trans-Am championship with a Bud Moore Ford Mustang (pictured), beating Mark Donohue and Penske Racing by a single point, back when TransAm was one of the USA’s top racing series, brimming with manufacturer-backed teams. Parnelli's just a total racing stud!

Dale I hope you make some bodies for this class!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Gary ----

ROAR membership is $30.00 annual OR, you can do the single event membership for $15.00 at any ROAR track and within a year, you send another $15.00 for the full membership.. so you can stall your full payment of $30.00 and use the single event as a lay a way plan, if you wish.
But to run the Nationals you still need to commit to the full membership fee unless that has changed since March?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
But to run the Nationals you still need to commit to the full membership fee unless that has changed since March?

That is true. Annual membership is required for level 4 and 5 events. (nationals)

The membership form can be found here:
http://www.roarracing.com/forms.php

But.. in this case.. VTA won't be included in a ROAR national that I'm aware of in 2009 ... I would like to ENCOURAGE people to participate in ROAR sanctioned events as the time is coming (not here yet) that participation in a lower level event will be mandatory for participation in a national.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
That is true. Annual membership is required for level 4 and 5 events. (nationals)

The membership form can be found here:
http://www.roarracing.com/forms.php

But.. in this case.. VTA won't be included in a ROAR national that I'm aware of in 2009 ... I would like to ENCOURAGE people to participate in ROAR sanctioned events as the time is coming (not here yet) that participation in a lower level event will be mandatory for participation in a national.
So you'd have to "qualify" for a national by running a regional?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

So you'd have to "qualify" for a national by running a regional?
Not sure I like the word qualify. I prefer to think of the upcoming project as participation in a sanctioned event level 3 or higher required for registration in a ROAR national.

So.. another requirement of entering, like current ROAR membership....

But, thats off topic. This is about VTA.. and I'm enjoying this thread.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Keeping the Javalin jones'en going.

Found this at Road America last Sept while we were running our '79 March SUper Vee....

Dale, this would be a big USVTA seller!

'79 March Super Vee, driver: Fletcher Belt, Note, rear wing is from Nigel Mansels March F3 car.....

Marty (The Father of Vintage Trans-Am)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ing-class.html
Old 11-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

My vote is for the 71-74 Javelin AMX.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-penske_amc_javelin.jpg  
Old 11-21-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Wait for the USVTA Nationals! And the cool part about the USVTA Nats is, and I am saying this as a ROAR Member, there's currently no member fee you need to pay to attend unlike a ROAR event. And if you attend a ROAR nationals you don't have the option of a Temporary or weekend-only membership. That's only when you attend a regional event. For the Nats you need to sign up for the full-membership $35 member fee. At a ROAR Nationals you also have to worry about track time, controlled practice, getting out of the way of the hot-shoes running any modified class who can just slam you out of the way. With the USVTA Nats it's nice because it's 1 class.
I hope the USVTA Nationals become the THE nationals for this class...Not some ROAR-sponsored event where you get the high-end sponsored guys running things for free...Or manufacturers making one-off chassis for the event

Keep the USVTA nationals as is - don't much with it Hell, even keep it at the same track every year - just keep in under Doug's ultimate control
Old 11-21-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJHill
Tim Hill, I been trying to race RC. When I heard about US. Vintage Trans-
Am Racing I had to go out and get a Trans-Am car. I am from the state of
Wisconsin. I am talking to some of the guys from this Hobbytown in Oshkosh
Wis,and they are very helpful. I hope I get to meet up with you guys and
do some racing. I know hobbies stores in Illinois I hope to do some racing
there. See I was born in Chicago. I got to let you all know I am 57 yrs old
and I still act like I am 21 yrs old. I am going to try and get in on USVTA
Graet Lakes Super Series, in January 09 at RC Performance in Madison Wis.
Hope to see you all. TJHill- Tim Hill
Tim....There is a Hurricane All-Star Carpet Series race at Victory RC in Green Bay, Wi on Dec 6th and there will be plenty of Trans AM cars there....its one of the biggest classes in the series....last race 30 guys were there. Check out the IL-WI regional thread if you havent already.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joe R.
My vote is for the 71-74 Javelin AMX.
+1
I purchased a Javelin AMX 360 with the Go Package new in 73.
Kept it till 77. Great car but a lot of wind noise
Old 11-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
I hope the USVTA Nationals become the THE nationals for this class...Not some ROAR-sponsored event where you get the high-end sponsored guys running things for free...Or manufacturers making one-off chassis for the event

Keep the USVTA nationals as is - don't much with it Hell, even keep it at the same track every year - just keep in under Doug's ultimate control
The high end sponsored racers won't be doing this for this class anyways. They would only do that for Mod-Touring car and/or mod-1/12th so that they can qualify for worlds.

Way over reacting about what sponsored drivers do at large national events. Also in most cases, for Nationals they don't bring out special gear like that. Normally that's only done at worlds. (Unless you're talking about X-Ray who seem to release a new car for every club race.)

Paul
Old 11-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

You know, I have thought long and hard about the ROAR anouncement...

If Doug and Co. keep the true USVTA club level rules intact for all the weekly LOCAL TRACK programs out there and continue to promote USVTA allong the lines WE had when I launched Vintage Trans-AM @ Trackside last October, I am ALL for ROAR including Vintage Trans-Am in their events.

I understand the issues ROAR has with specifying specific manufactureres. I applaude Doug's commitment to maintaining only one 21.5 Brushless motor and maintaining the original 4 cell 27 turn stock spec and 4 cell 17.5 B/L in the USVTA specifications for the near future.

I feel Vintage Trans-Am is alive and well now and in the foreseable future, and I trust Doug and USVTA as well as ROAR to keep a watchfull eye on this great class as we all want it to grow and continue to provide an experience close to the original vision.

Marty (The Father of Vintage Trans-AM)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ing-class.html
Old 11-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

oops!
Old 11-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you Kevin, I"ll check Hurricane All-Star Carpet Series at Victory RC
on Dec 6. Tim
Old 11-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Father of trans / am racing will you be attending any of the USVTA 's first official traveling series ?

Race 1 in indiana was great.

We have 3 more races to go and just wondering if you might be out racing at any of the last 3 events. Would be nice to see you out with some of the other speedsters from wisconsin

Doc, Ermer and youself would make a very nice 3 man team for the series.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.