Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Finally got around to painting a body for my old TC3 tub chassis. If only the other HPI bodies could be made with a 1 piece mold.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-hpi-68-camaro-silver-blue-left-rear.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-hpi-68-camaro-silver-blue-right-front.jpg  
Old 07-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

very nice!!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by genesisG4
very nice!!
Great looking body, Indy- just like the other 7 you've run in the past 6 weeks.

Just kidding of course- I'll be running my 2nd soon.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Finally got around to painting a body for my old TC3 tub chassis. If only the other HPI bodies could be made with a 1 piece mold.

yep...Im officially jealous...I think all of you guys should start a thread with pics only and that way ppl viewing can see what really brings ppl to this class
without saying to much...or them having to "READ" to much..lol

I think it will also help with all this back and forward about "CORRECT" TA trim

great job on all the paint jobs Ive seen....Ive stolen them and posted them in my TA pics for 2008..lol....except Dirlas...I have to see his all the time anyway...dont think I could stand to view it on my computer too....lol
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
yep...Im officially jealous...I think all of you guys should start a thread with pics only and that way ppl viewing can see what really brings ppl to this class
without saying to much...or them having to "READ" to much..lol

I think it will also help with all this back and forward about "CORRECT" TA trim

great job on all the paint jobs Ive seen....Ive stolen them and posted them in my TA pics for 2008..lol....except Dirlas...I have to see his all the time anyway...dont think I could stand to view it on my computer too....lol

that is actually a great ideal Myron. I hate the way a thread becomes a 'forum' around here w/ 100's of pages to read through. A true TA forum may be needed at this time, then we could have smaller, more specific discussions...threads that are not 100 pages deep.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

That body is gorgeous!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think all of you guys should start a thread with pics only and that way ppl viewing can see what really brings ppl to this class
I agree... I love the way some of these bodies look, and I'm a junkie for that "VINTAGE" T/A look.

I'm thinking we need to try to get this type of class going at our Local Racing.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anybody running a Tamiya TB-02 in VTA? I'm having a bit of a problem with the front wheels rubbing the upper suspension arm outer ball joint. I think a set of 6mm thick wheel hexes (stock is 4mm) should move the wheels out enough to fix it. Has anyone else had this happen?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

In case you didn't see it... I started a TA pic & paint thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=233734
Old 07-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Blue isn't my color but I really like that blue w/ the sliver! Looks good.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Anybody running a Tamiya TB-02 in VTA? I'm having a bit of a problem with the front wheels rubbing the upper suspension arm outer ball joint. I think a set of 6mm thick wheel hexes (stock is 4mm) should move the wheels out enough to fix it. Has anyone else had this happen?
Pete as you know I am running the same chassis. In the kit there are some red anodized washers. Use them in the rims hex before putting in the hex spacer. Gave my rims just enough clearance.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
Pete as you know I am running the same chassis. In the kit there are some red anodized washers. Use them in the rims hex before putting in the hex spacer. Gave my rims just enough clearance.
Huh. I had to put two spacers in each side to get it to clear OK.

Actually, I didn't know you were running a TB-02!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Wierd mine cleared with one. Oh I thought I told you I was gonna pick up another one to replace the one I sold you lol
Old 07-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
Wierd mine cleared with one. Oh I thought I told you I was gonna pick up another one to replace the one I sold you lol
Yeah, that's pretty funny. We cooked this idea up like 3 days after you sold me that kit lol.

What would you say about a tire sauce ban? Cleaning ok, but no goo. Noobs won't have it, less work for us, and keeps things more even...
Old 07-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

They usually spray enough purple sticky stuff on the track anyways, not sure if traction additive would even help that much with the slow speeds and the size of our track. Banning them would have to be on the honor system since were not likley to tech the cars before each race on a regular club weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.