Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mangoman
150 Fahrenheit sounds about right, it's best not to let it get any hotter than that though.
AWESOME!!! thanks for the tip. Some friends run the team losi factory car kit. It's belt driven, but nothin I have ever seen before, the belt is protected by a plastic cover and so is the spur. It's quite heavy to use belts, my HARA pro 4 is lighter and now I bought the titanium screws fron rcmart. Haven't gotten them yet, but on my HPI R-40 Hara the difference with titanium screws was a lot.
If anyone is interested, here is the link
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=6389
Old 06-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey bxpitbull; I don`t know about the Track this Summer. I plan on moving out of the East New York area(I might).....but if I don`t; I`ll tell you when I`m setting it up.

-If I/We do Set-Up a Track in the school yard it will be 19-Turn Racing ONLY.....It`s More Fair. --Also we`ll be Sweeping the Track before Start-Up(if any).
- -I won`t be using My Pro 4. I`ll be using My TB Evo 5; it`s totally made for 19-Turn Motors.

I`m Running a 10-Turn Reedy Ti Worlds Edition Motor in My Pro 4 - 90% Hara.
I only take it out to Show-Off Speed Runs on My Block.

Have a Happy Father`s Day Guys. - -I hope My Wife and Kids get Me a Gas Card and/or something for My R.C Cars.....Ha Ha!

Take Care
Old 06-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Sounds good

Happy Fathers Day to you as well. Hopefully, the track comes to fruition. Its been a hot minute since of run anything less than a 10turn, so "dummying down" for me may make me look like a dummy...at first. I'll be coming out with my Cyclone and the Pro4 to see "what it do". Keep me posted.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Klanderman, those losi's are pretty much an entry level car these days. They are great cause they come RTR and are relatively good, but the Pro 4 is more of a competition spec car even though it is getting on in age.

In my opinion the losi's single belt design isnt that efficient because there is a fair amount of tension on the belt. As opposed to say the cyclone where the belts are relatively free.

Also the losi's are probably heavier if they are running the tub chassis. They are quite heavy compared to the carbon fibre decks of the Pro 4. And the carbon graphite bulkhead parts on the Pro 4 are extremely light, lighter than the alumnium parts which you find on most of the top level cars these days.

BTW are you oval racing? looks like that from your little avatar
Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool

TKS! mangoman. My friends have ben racing electric for quite a while. I on the other hand have been racing with my R40, but electric racing is also fun because we have less to worry jajajaja.

On my avatar I was racing with my R40 with a .12 WASP against a Serpent 710 with a .18TZ turbo which was heavier car, but lots of torque on the straight, as you can see he is passing me at the end, but we race on parking lots with pylons for fun.

Check out my onboard cam, it's a bot heavy at 170 grams, but I hope is worth the fun of onboard videos lol.

Klanderman, those losi's are pretty much an entry level car these days. They are great cause they come RTR and are relatively good, but the Pro 4 is more of a competition spec car even though it is getting on in age.

In my opinion the losi's single belt design isnt that efficient because there is a fair amount of tension on the belt. As opposed to say the cyclone where the belts are relatively free.

Also the losi's are probably heavier if they are running the tub chassis. They are quite heavy compared to the carbon fibre decks of the Pro 4. And the carbon graphite bulkhead parts on the Pro 4 are extremely light, lighter than the alumnium parts which you find on most of the top level cars these days.

BTW are you oval racing? looks like that from your little avatar
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-elec-camara4.jpg   Hpi Pro 4-elec-camara3.jpg   Hpi Pro 4-elec-camara2.jpg  
Old 06-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Man thats looks like a pretty hardcore camera you have there. A couple of guys at my club were playing with wireless cameras but they were cheap little things. Is that one any good?

More importantly, got any good videos of you carving through the traffic!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Man thats looks like a pretty hardcore camera you have there. A couple of guys at my club were playing with wireless cameras but they were cheap little things. Is that one any good?

More importantly, got any good videos of you carving through the traffic!!!
The camera looks good and holds a 2G memory slot for like 1 hour of video, comes with RCA cables and USB for watching on computer.

Tomorrow is my first tryout with other electrics, but if you give me your email I'll gladly send you a clip ok. The only thing is that it weighs 170 grams, maybe on my R40 with OS .18TZ turbo engine the weight wont be as much lol.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

anyone run in to an issue of diff screws snapping in the pro4 diffs?

what is the cause and is their a solution to this annoying problem?
Old 06-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ben27111973
anyone run in to an issue of diff screws snapping in the pro4 diffs?

what is the cause and is their a solution to this annoying problem?
Ive been running my hara pro 4 since christmas and my rear diff screw is stil the original, althoug in the front I use the solid axle and have changed the 39T bevel gear and the 16T pinion bevel gear many times... If you are talking about the A162 M2x25mm screw, you should only tighten it until the gear cannot be roatated when both of the diff hubs are held. Check the manual on page 14.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Initiate

can anyone tell me what spurs and pinion I should use to get my car fast on track?.. currently I'm using 30T pinion and 68T spurs
Old 06-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

It doesnt quite work like that....

Different motors have different optimal gearing points. And this can vary quite extensively. Gear a motor too high or low and you can do some serious damage to it.

It might help if you post what motor your are using, but the optimal gearing of a motor also depends on they type of track you are running on. Ideally if you race at a track you should ask around and find out what people with the same motor are running.
Note even if all motors are 27T that doesnt mean that they gear the same. For instance the gearing for a Trinity CO27 i different from the Trinity X Stock
Old 06-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by Kray
can anyone tell me what spurs and pinion I should use to get my car fast on track?.. currently I'm using 30T pinion and 68T spurs
Hey dude I run my pro4 with an LRP 7.1 speed control and a team orion 19T V2 Element motor. I run with the stock 64P 98T spur and a robinson racing 40T pro pinion. te car is pretty fast with enough torque to get out of corners fast. My temp won't go over 160, but also my motor is well cooled. I race at a big parking lot, so the straight is long, but ask around and see what pinions guy's at your local shop use. They might be using 64pitch stock 98 spur and maybe a 35-39 pinion gear....
good luck!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

The gearing which klandermann is using 98 and 40 will more than likely destroy most motors after a minute or two.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

The gearing which klandermann is using 98 and 40 will more than likely destroy most motors after a minute or two.
Don't think so! Been running the same motor with out changing the carbons for more than 3 months???? Team Orion 19T Element V2 for the price I would still run that gear ratio even if they would only last a month! lol....
Old 06-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah thats right as stated earlier gearing changes between different motors, but if he gets the same motor as yours then it will be similar depending on the track or how it is used.

Rollouts used as high as what you have are usually only used on extremely open tracks and even on most open tracks that would kill a motor after a minute or two.....

The 27T brushless equivalents get geared higher than that and also 540 motors (not sure about the 19T brushless equivalents). They are the only motors which come to mind as requiring a gearing as high or higher than that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.