Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would not run a spool with foam tires on carpet. I would run a front diff.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A spool will make the car very difficult to drive with foams on carpet,the car will steer violently on power
Old 01-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

whta should be adjusted or added?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

You can add spacers under the front rear suspension mount to add anti-dive. To add kick-up, use spacers under the front front suspension mount.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default rear toe in

i assembled everything as to manual. the problem is the rear toe angle is not the same. one is 3deg and the other almost 4deg. i think this is not adjustable. maybe the screw hole does not symetry. any suggestion? tq.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HI_808
You can add spacers under the front rear suspension mount to add anti-dive. To add kick-up, use spacers under the front front suspension mount.
is this means that to change the suspension angle to front or to back?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

you are probably right fadzli, its the same for me as well for my rear toe angle, one is exaztly 3deg and the other is slightly more than 3... i think it was about 3.5deg. i yet to check it again after rebuilding my car but i have to wait for my spare parts to come in tmr first before being able to give you an answer.. but just to let you know, you're not the only one and perhaps others may be able to help you with the answer.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigbutstupid
you are probably right fadzli, its the same for me as well for my rear toe angle, one is exaztly 3deg and the other is slightly more than 3... i think it was about 3.5deg. i yet to check it again after rebuilding my car but i have to wait for my spare parts to come in tmr first before being able to give you an answer.. but just to let you know, you're not the only one and perhaps others may be able to help you with the answer.
have u drive ur car on track? what is the result?
Old 01-20-2008, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by moonman
I tested the JP 416 spool today. http://www.racingfactory.fi/shop2/ca...ils.php?p=1765
Perfect fit, supernice finish and high quality delrin outdrives. With this spool the pulley is perfectly aligned with the axle centerline as opposed to the MR spool with the pulley flipped over.
I have a lot of questions for anybody to answer me then i will ordering my new kit for race of this year, please:

Instead of racing factory has release this 416 spool, i want to know have still more online shops to sell the same?
I want to use 2holes piston instead of 3, the ref. number of this part could be as the same of 415mre, tam53572?
If I want using slightly softer springs than original's blue/yellow, could changed by HPI silver/gold springs or more else, then i don't need to change the shock retainers of other brands?

Best regards
Old 01-20-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

to be honest, i dont know. because i havent really tried to get the toe done right as i i cant without having new blocks to try on.
i dont think it will have a great effect on the car. even if it does, i wouldnt have notice as im not to a level of "pro"ness and im not that sensitive to 0.5deg difference in toe. but theres definately no tweaking or the tail of the car swivling left to right.. as i've mentioned in my previous post... i love this car and its awesome to drive.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Markiempje
well speaking of tweak,

all you want is that your car has equal amounts of grip left and right.
so, since grip is a nice formula; F = N* c where F is your grip, N is the tire load and c is the friction coefficient of the tire. when putting traction control on your tire actually you are making this c higher and thus giving more grip.
if the left tire has more grip than the right tire the car will be going sideways or turn when trothle is applied .
so that can come from many things, tweak, non-equal spring preloads and so on...

when your setting up your car do it in this order:

1 detweak your car using the method described a few posts above

2 balance your car using a balance tool like from xray. make sure your car has equal mass on left and right side, so if your running BL you'd have to add a little counter weight to the battery side

3 next, and this is kind of important, you should get equal loads on your tires.
disattach your four shocks from the suspension arms and leave hanging them on the shock tower
place a setup block under the front suspension. make sure its in line with the front tires. then you lift up the rear end with a 2mm imbus or anything with a sharp tip, make sure you lift it up in the center of the rear. now look at the distance between the tires and the setup board. if things aint equal you have to adjust your REAR downstop screws to get them equal. so if things are correct, your left and right tire come off the surface at the same time.
do this with the front suspension as well. this way you equalize the front suspension too.

4 now comes the tricky part
attach your front shocks and make sure the front suspension is settled by pushing down the front shock tower exactly in the middle a few times. now again get your 2mm imbus and lift the rear up again and again look if the tires come off equally. if not you'd have to adjust the FRONT shock collars. adjust them equally, so for instance if the rear left tire comes off earlier, you'd have to turn the left front shock collar counterclockwise and the front right shock clockwise. do this in small steps so you can get the front of the suspension precisely right.
in this way you use the rear suspension as a measuring device as it is totally straight because you've just straightend it with your downstops.

now attach your rear shocks and disattach your front shocks, turn your car around and do the same trick again

if you want your car to perform at its best you should do step 1, 3 and 4 before every run. this way you always have a balanced car.

tip, sometimes the uptravel of the suspension is not correctly achieved. sometimes the shocks are too short and act as a downstop instead of the downstopscrew. so if you're changing your cars downstop , check if the shocks are long enough for your new downstop setting. i had allot of trouble with this on my xray T2, untill i switched to TRF dampers, DUHHH

this setup tips for me were the difference between spot 9 in competition and top 3.

good luck!

Mark
very help full. but still dont understand the last part. uptravel. can explain.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

Anyone tried to flip the 415 1D block (front arm, rear piece) in front to clear the front belt? Does it work? What about 1C?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fadzli
very help full. but still dont understand the last part. uptravel. can explain.
well, if you take the springs of the car and bolt the damper back on, you'd have a car with all the dampers on. now lift the car. it should be that the lower suspension arms rest on the downstop screw. but if the shock shaft is too short it will rest on the shock and therefore be much harder to setup. you have to use the downstop screw and not the dampers to set a maximum for the suspension travel...

mark
Old 01-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Markiempje
well, if you take the springs of the car and bolt the damper back on, you'd have a car with all the dampers on. now lift the car. it should be that the lower suspension arms rest on the downstop screw. but if the shock shaft is too short it will rest on the shock and therefore be much harder to setup. you have to use the downstop screw and not the dampers to set a maximum for the suspension travel...

mark
meaning that the when u lift the car, the screw should at least touch the chasis. is this what u mean?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fadzli
meaning that the when u lift the car, the screw should at least touch the chasis. is this what u mean?
yeah,
but my mistake, you can leave the springs on, they are not compressed anyways...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.