Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'008

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From my understanding the new car won't have any major changes (like what happened past 2 years) but it will be the same with the new items on the xray column

A conversion kit would be also available I believe
Old 09-14-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

There will be NO new car this year just upgrades and those will noy be put into kits they are just upgrades like mostly lightweight parts and those will be out soon...The current car they are really happy with and the way the market is right now we thought that it would be the wise thing to do so the idea is to run the T2 008 two or more seasons that means 24 months or more before the next car....Thanks Drew
Old 09-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
Tamiya shocks Better than both
because long time same sixe , so all peoples can easy to setup & had tips !
Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Some people even prefer plastic shocks over alloy ones LOL
Old 09-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default race

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
There will be NO new car this year just upgrades and those will noy be put into kits they are just upgrades like mostly lightweight parts and those will be out soon...The current car they are really happy with and the way the market is right now we thought that it would be the wise thing to do so the idea is to run the T2 008 two or more seasons that means 24 months or more before the next car....Thanks Drew
wheres the next race?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As I have used all 3 I must say that the plastics ones are not as good as the alloy or tamiya ones. Basically problems lies on the fact that after 2-3 runs they need to be rebuild, while the other two don't need after many runs.
Being not a pro driver having to build so often shocks isn't something I like nor have time to do it, so the alloy ones are a must for me
Old 09-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nnick
As I have used all 3 I must say that the plastics ones are not as good as the alloy or tamiya ones. Basically problems lies on the fact that after 2-3 runs they need to be rebuild, while the other two don't need after many runs.
Being not a pro driver having to build so often shocks isn't something I like nor have time to do it, so the alloy ones are a must for me

I would just like to say I have always used the plastic and I do not build them every 2 or 3 runs maybe race to race depending on how long there is from race to race if you have to build every 2 to 3 runs you are doing something wrong and I have tested the shocks and there is no diff...Drew
Old 09-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would just like to say I have always used the plastic and I do not build them every 2 or 3 runs maybe race to race depending on how long there is from race to race if you have to build every 2 to 3 runs you are doing something wrong and I have tested the shocks and there is no diff...Drew
How often should someone wait to check their shocks if they run every week?
Old 09-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie

It is good to check them at every race but I do not think a rebuild is something that needs to be done..I have raced a whole season with just putting new oil in...Travis has ran the same shocks oil,bladders.o-rings since the novak 08 so thats three races in a 8 month span and we just rebuildt them at the IIC this year..So checking them is good but a rebuild not needed..The way I check them is just seeing the rebound as long as the front is the same side to side and the rear is the same side to side your good...Here's a quick way to build them fill them up put the bladder in the cap and put it on tighting as tight as you can usually you can not push the shaft in then you bleed from the cap at the bottom being careful when you push the shaft in to not let it come out before you tighting the cap at the bottom, just make the rebound the same for all for shocks..I run 50% on foam carpet and 100% for rubber carpet or asphalt...Hope that helps Drew
Old 09-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Whats a good spur pinion combo for 3.5 fdr and a 4.5 fdr for the 008. Either drive train combo would be fine but I guess the 20/34 would be better for the tall gearing needed to be achieved. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

If Shocks Loose Rebound like 100% to 80-85% after 2 weeks or 10x5min Race
is that normal or Do you think O rings has to be replaced with the new ones?
Cheers
Old 09-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Whats a good spur pinion combo for 3.5 fdr and a 4.5 fdr for the 008. Either drive train combo would be fine but I guess the 20/34 would be better for the tall gearing needed to be achieved. Thanks.

A xray 104 would work 39/104=4.53....50/104=3.53 but it is really tight 49 will be ok..If you do not want xray spur rw makes a 100 and that will be fine for both and it fits the car nexus racing has them...Later Drew
Old 09-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yokemad
If Shocks Loose Rebound like 100% to 80-85% after 2 weeks or 10x5min Race
is that normal or Do you think O rings has to be replaced with the new ones?
Cheers

Yes thats ok as long as there the same side to side front to rear if anything just new oil The o-rings still good,same o-rings in mine for the last year..Later Drew

Last edited by Drew Ellis; 09-14-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I agree the plastic XRAY shocks are great. I have went over 50 runs and still had very consistent rebound. I also agree that there does not seem to be a performance difference between the Aluminum and the Plastic version. The only reason I might advise the switch is for the durability of the threads. Sometimes (especially outdoor) when the threads of the shocks get dirty they tend to wear and even get distorted enough to become difficult to adjust.

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
I check after each race day.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
wheres the next race?
Why not hit the XRAY Challenge Event in Jonesboro Arkansas next week.

Here is the tread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/msra-mem...mid-south.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.