Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah they are for the CRC front end as well unless you cut the bottom lip off of the arm. Then they work like a charm. Too bad you can't do something like that with the R5 adapters as well.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

i use 1mm carbon spacers to set my ride height at the front. i only have to unscrew the front end just a little and then i can put the shims underneath. something like the shims in the link underneath but the holes are open on one side so i can just shove it under the suspension block without unscrewing the whole front end. Works like a charm and is very easy and fast.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...eight-Shim-Kit
Old 02-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all.... Major help needed... I have been running the DB12RR with 1C Lipo and cant make runtime??? I have geared up and down and still nothing. Does anyone know the right gearing for Mod?
My set-up is as follows:
4T Motor 0 timing , LRP SXX ESC on throttle profile 4, geared from 38.5 mm to 49 mm.

At high roll out I made about 4 minutes, and at the lower I ran about 6 minutes. Keeping in mind with the lower roll out the speed was slower. It seems as if it runs as fast as 4 cell for 1 or 2 minutes and then slows down until it is very slow???

Big National event this weekend, so any help would be great. Most people still running 4 cell here and I need to stay on par.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Run a higher turn motor, unelss your really smooth with a 4t you will dump. Or get the new SMC 5600mah pack and run an RX pack also, that would help.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

With mod you can not run all out all the time. You'll need to practice more throttle control then you are used to. Back when run time was an issue for stock even I used to drive only half to 3/4ths throttle even on the straights, holding back the rest for passing or maintaining my position. Also going to the least aggressive throttle profile should help some as well.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by EricF
When you next trip to Tucson?
E
Jason and I are talking about heading down next Fri but thats not in stone just yet.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I used to have a spreadsheet with 2 simple equations in it, one for the front and one for the rear. All I had to do was input the current tire diameter and it would output the sized ride height adapter I needed. It worked pretty good and would usually get me to with in .5mm of what I needed so it really cut out a lot of the guess work. Problem was I usually didn't have my computer with me so I kept forgetting to use it. Now that I bring one with me most of the time for my RS and carry a smart phone which could probably handle it too it may be time to bring it back.
Care to share that spreadsheet? Sounds pretty cool.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

It will be different for different front ends so I will share with you the method and formula I used.

First measure the distance from the bottom of the chassis to the center line of the front axle. We'll call this X.

Next measure the distance from the bottom of the chassis to the center line of the 0 ride height adapter. We'll call this Y.

Additional values:
Front ride Height = FH
Rear ride height = RH
Front ride height Adapter = FA
Rear ride height Adapter = RA
Front wheel Diameter = FD
Rear wheel Diameter = RD

So then front ride height is:
FH = FD/2-X-FA

And rear ride height is:
RH-RD/2-Y-RA

That's just off the top of my head while I'm still at work...it might need a little tweaking...it might be +RA at the rear since the adapter moves the axle down instead of up depending on the size of your rear tires.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VRacing
Are you talking about Chris Moore's avatar posted right above you or the latest revelations of Jason's R&D efforts?
definately the latest r&d developments jason is working on
Old 02-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris moore
Jason and I are talking about heading down next Fri but thats not in stone just yet.
Well let me know, I'll be sure to be there to get in the way.
E
Old 02-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I've seen more discussion about the R5 to imperial spacing front end on here than anywhere else so I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask this.

I have all the parts to put an R5 front end on an old AE spaced chassis. The only thing I can't find are the 8-32 screws short enough to mount them to the chassis without bottoming out in the hyperdrive adapters. I found the Lunsfurd //Ti screws, but they're shortest length is 7/16ths. Short of ordering 50 through McMaster does anyone have a lead on 8-32 screws short enough to do the job? I refuse to use aluminum . . .Maybe I just need to dremel down a steel one?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I've seen more discussion about the R5 to imperial spacing front end on here than anywhere else so I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask this.

I have all the parts to put an R5 front end on an old AE spaced chassis. The only thing I can't find are the 8-32 screws short enough to mount them to the chassis without bottoming out in the hyperdrive adapters. I found the Lunsfurd //Ti screws, but they're shortest length is 7/16ths. Short of ordering 50 through McMaster does anyone have a lead on 8-32 screws short enough to do the job? I refuse to use aluminum . . .Maybe I just need to dremel down a steel one?
I just put a nut onto some old ally ones and cut them with a dremel. Then take the nut back off the clean the thread and haven't had any problems.

Jason
Old 02-05-2010, 06:56 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yep I run the stock IRS alloy screws, just cut down to like 10mm or so. I do actually need two sets, one longer and one shorter so I can adjust ride height over the full range of a full front tire to a trued and run one.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:34 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.tonysscrews.com/category.sc?categoryId=23

high quality steel screws. i tried cutting down aluminum ones and just so of gave up trying to find one length that would work over a range of tire diameters. the hyperdrive adapters have a fastener interference challenge in the rear attachment.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by EricF
Well let me know, I'll be sure to be there to get in the way.
E
I think its usually the other way around, but I'll let you know.

Could be that the new front end Jason is working on will be as good or better and not require all the workarounds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.