Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Wheres the Kyosho or even Tamiya 12th pan cars?
Screw that, give me a Mugen
Old 02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wheres the Kyosho or even Tamiya 12th pan cars?
My guess is that from past experience they have decided that to sell 250 cars a year is a poor marketing decision... ...lol... We 1/12th guys are fussy, and likely pains in the butt. Kinda like the way our batteries guys hounded the manufacturers.

Let's see, Black and Decker wants 1.5 Billion cells and all they want is to make sure the cells "work"...at all, for delivery in 6 months to a year. Our guys want 1000 cells total and they better all be high voltage, Low IR and capable of propelling the space shuttle into orbit on only 4.8 volts... and we need them to look pretty too. Oh yea, we want them today.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
If Mugen made one, you could drive it thru a brick wall and it wouldn't break. But if ya did break it, have fun findin parts for it.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Cool Bob thanks for the update...any chance on getting a weight on a complete front end to compare to the old AE and new CRC front end?
Old 02-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
It might...the issue with the CRC using longer springs is with how thick the lower suspension arm is. Not with the design of the pillow ball suspension.
Hmm I'll have to check that, I'm thinking that the difference is in the axle block. Could be thou as the area around the pivot ball is chamfered.

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
My guess is that from past experience they have decided that to sell 250 cars a year is a poor marketing decision... ...lol... We 1/12th guys are fussy, and likely pains in the butt. Kinda like the way our batteries guys hounded the manufacturers.

Let's see, Black and Decker wants 1.5 Billion cells and all they want is to make sure the cells "work"...at all, for delivery in 6 months to a year. Our guys want 1000 cells total and they better all be high voltage, Low IR and capable of propelling the space shuttle into orbit on only 4.8 volts... and we need them to look pretty too. Oh yea, we want them today.

So true
Old 02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
If Mugen made one, you could drive it thru a brick wall and it wouldn't break. But if ya did break it, have fun findin parts for it.
Parts are very easy to find for Mugen cars. Maybe not through normal electric channels but EVERYONE that's big into nitro onroad sales has everything. Parts availability was a big reason I switched to Mugen years ago when Picco parts were hard to find.

It's weird how people in some parts of the country have no idea what's being run in other parts of the country. When I was racing 1/8th in New Jersey everyone ran Mugen or Serpent and parts were everywhere. The first time I went to Toledo, locals were coming over wondering what that weird looking car was that I was running. All they ran out there were Serpents, HPI's and a few Kyoshos so they had never seen a Mugen. When one guy asked me if I could even find parts for the car in the U.S. I asked him if he could find HPI parts. Not many people outside Toledo could find them.

Now that I think about it, none of this has anything to do with 1/12th racing so let me stop my ranting.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Lord

True, but we will pay double (or more) over Black and Decker's prices.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Parts are very easy to find for Mugen cars. Maybe not through normal electric channels but EVERYONE that's big into nitro onroad sales has everything. Parts availability was a big reason I switched to Mugen years ago when Picco parts were hard to find.

It's weird how people in some parts of the country have no idea what's being run in other parts of the country. When I was racing 1/8th in New Jersey everyone ran Mugen or Serpent and parts were everywhere. The first time I went to Toledo, locals were coming over wondering what that weird looking car was that I was running. All they ran out there were Serpents, HPI's and a few Kyoshos so they had never seen a Mugen. When one guy asked me if I could even find parts for the car in the U.S. I asked him if he could find HPI parts. Not many people outside Toledo could find them.

Now that I think about it, none of this has anything to do with 1/12th racing so let me stop my ranting.
Not really a rant, but you made a good point. Ok back to your regularly scheduled DB12RR programming.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

here ya go

A guy was selling it a while ago in the 1/12 forums. 20 years old but still flying.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL so what the hell is serpent doing making a 12th car ?
My RODY wont fit in it !
And yes I forgot about the Mugen.... Wicked car. But the parts are purple.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:24 AM
V12
Tech Elite

In my DB12RR kit there is the Silva center shock already. Regarding the front ballstud for the shock in the past there was a long (silver?) ballstud what was replaced with a medium black ballstud and 2mm spacer by some racers from what I did read.
Now there is a medium black ballstud in my kit without any spacer. I donīt know if the Silva shock is any different in length so what is the correct shimming for the Silva shock? Also a spacer or no spacer?
Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The kit setup uses a medium black ballstud for the shock mount. The tall ballstud and shimming the ballstuds is optional being that it is different for each track. We found the medium to be the best starting point.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:07 AM
V12
Tech Elite

OK thanks, will start with this.
From what I have read the Silva shock is longer than the IRS(?) used before. What is the best overall length for the Silva shock as starting point and what oil should be used?
BTW what is better for a 1/12 center shock, using rebound or no rebound?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I start my length at 2.950
Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

LOL so what the hell is serpent doing making a 12th car ?
My RODY wont fit in it !
And yes I forgot about the Mugen.... Wicked car. But the parts are purple.
By the look of those front tires it looks like you have about 4 degrees of postive camber going on there.

By the way is this still the BMI websight? I just stated what Jason has been thinking.

To get us back on track lets talk about batteries forward as apposed to being back and what this does to the handeling of the car and track conditions. Jason?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.