Wiki Posts
Search

LRP 13.5, anyone have a go yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
so if i understand correctly your lrp 13.5 with a bonded rotor is as fast as the novak with a sintered? not good..
I dont think I actually had quite the straight away speed but it was a small track (mid 9 sec laps). The thing with the LRP is their bonded Rotor is a LOT better than the Novak one. So I dont think adding a Sintered Rotor to it is going to make a huge difference other than the Temp and reliability to it. I will know in 2 weeks when I go back as I am going to get a sintered Rotor for it to try.

EA
Old 07-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
so if i understand correctly your lrp 13.5 with a bonded rotor is as fast as the novak with a sintered? not good..
Yeah....NOT GOOD....

Here is my experience on Novak 13.5....with bonded rotor...to be competitive with others 13.5 with sintered rotor...I have to GEAR to sub 5 FDR...with bonded rotor...almost garantee thermal before 5 minutes.
To match with those that can gear to low 5 or even sub 5 FDR...sintered rotor is a must have (on Novak 13.5 motor..)

Now...we will see hows the LRP 13.5 with sintered rotor performance...I have a feeling the stock brushless motor war will begin very shortly...
Old 07-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 92 (99%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I dont think I actually had quite the straight away speed but it was a small track (mid 9 sec laps). The thing with the LRP is their bonded Rotor is a LOT better than the Novak one. So I dont think adding a Sintered Rotor to it is going to make a huge difference other than the Temp and reliability to it. I will know in 2 weeks when I go back as I am going to get a sintered Rotor for it to try.

EA
How was the gearing set up between Novak and LRP? same?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

A lot of you won't want to hear this, but...

We NEED a 13.5 brushless WAR to sort this class out!

Once a certain design of motor has WON and all the other manufacturers replicate it, we will have a class that is a stable (or otherwise, depends on your opinion) as brushed ROAR stock has been.

Also...

POWER ratings - GET OVER IT!

You can't scrutineer power. Even in full-sized racing they don't try to scrutineer power. But you can scrutineer motor construction relatively cheaply and easily, all it takes is a vernier and a little common sense.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
A lot of you won't want to hear this, but...

We NEED a 13.5 brushless WAR to sort this class out!

Once a certain design of motor has WON and all the other manufacturers replicate it, we will have a class that is a stable (or otherwise, depends on your opinion) as brushed ROAR stock has been.

Also...

POWER ratings - GET OVER IT!

You can't scrutineer power. Even in full-sized racing they don't try to scrutineer power. But you can scrutineer motor construction relatively cheaply and easily, all it takes is a vernier and a little common sense.
i thought i was the only one here that used a vernier scale.. lol i thought the other manufacturers WERE ostensibly trying to replicate the novak design?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

The fundamental design of a ROAR brushless motor is already defined in some detail (basically a copy of how Novak built their original motor).

However the devil is in that detail. Until recently Novak were the only ones making a 13.5 so they could design it with "equivalency" to brushed in mind.

However now there are other big names throwing their motors into the ring, the don't give a flying fig about equivalency, they just want to make the fastest 13.5 motor they can.

So now the onus is on Novak to make the fastest 13.5 that THEY can too!

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The easy fix for brushed stock maybe.... changing stcok from 27T to 23T. And you don't need to worry who is making 23T stock, cause there are TONS 23T stock motor in JP. Problem is... who gonna use it when most of people switch to BL for stock anyway
Old 07-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by atomapapa
How was the gearing set up between Novak and LRP? same?
They were geared 4.8-5.1 depending on the driver. Mine was at a 5.8 and was coming off at 190-200 degree's each run. The novak's were coming off around 130 but there were some that were thermaling them as well.

EA
Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 92 (99%+)

They were geared 4.8-5.1 depending on the driver. Mine was at a 5.8 and was coming off at 190-200 degree's each run. The novak's were coming off around 130 but there were some that were thermaling them as well.

EA
I was running around 5.0 on my Novak 13.5ss and just got LRP13.5 with TC.
Thank you for the info.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yes True. I would assume that you'll be able to gear it up more as the sintered rotor has less RPM. It should also run cooler and have better brakes. Although I had really really good brakes yesterday.....more than anyone else there. But I was the only one running a TC Spec LRP I dont think it will make it any faster though....or at least I hope not.

EA
Based on my experience with the 2nd gen LRP motors, I doubt it will be any faster, but use a GTB instead of the TC Spec just to be sure.

I really like the changes LRP made to the X-11 series: More distance between the solder tabs, wider solder tab holes, long 1/16 cap head screws that make it easier to get that "hand tight" feel than the old 5/64 cap heads, and better bearings.

The only issues I think they still need to address in the 3rd gen are: stronger plastic for the backplate; make it easier to pull out the rotor without scraping it; make it so you can pop out the bearings without heating up the plastic surrounding them.
Attached Thumbnails LRP 13.5, anyone have a go yet?-sprec-005.jpg  
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

But I was the only one running a TC Spec LRP

EA
I believe Melvin was there with his TC-Spec as well.
I'm glad I couldn't make it...that would have been a depressing drive home after the rainout!
Old 07-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

OK

now that i saw the new x-11 13.5

does it look just like the mod ones? that wierd grey color?

was that pic of the buggy with the x-11 13.5 vector?

if so, im doing the lrp for shure!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Can someone tell me the different characteristics withe the 3 Novak 13.5 motors. The sintered, the bonded and the ex sport. Would like to know the differences in temp, rpm etc.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
OK

now that i saw the new x-11 13.5

does it look just like the mod ones? that wierd grey color?

was that pic of the buggy with the x-11 13.5 vector?

if so, im doing the lrp for shure!!!
The buggy has a LRP Vector X-11 7.5, but all the Vector X-11 motors look the same so it might as well be the 13.5. I ran stock for the first time in 9 months today and it would have been the perfect opportunity to test the 13.5. Too bad mine is on backorder...
Old 07-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis
The buggy has a LRP Vector X-11 7.5, but all the Vector X-11 motors look the same so it might as well be the 13.5. I ran stock for the first time in 9 months today and it would have been the perfect opportunity to test the 13.5. Too bad mine is on backorder...
thats what i wanted to hear!!!!!

YESS!

i HATE the look of the eraser 13.5... IMO, just looks cheap in the colors and all... idk....... i love lrp, over novak, so the better motor (i sorta thought the eraser was the cheap version like novaks new lins of cheaper stuff....) and i wanted the nice one, so i will do one of the x-11 13.5's, lrp tc sphere, and a sintered rotor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.