Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP 13.5, anyone have a go yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Thats good to hear Rick, Ill run the Novak's until you guys get yours rollin.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I agree, and really most tracks will run on ROAR rules with some minor tweaks. Out track has a lot of national level racers that attend ROAR and other National events. What usually ends up happening is that those particular racers will race the ROAR legal classes to get ready for the big events and well...most of the other racers just follow suit. Before brushless all our racing followed ROAR rules. Ever since brushless there has been a mix and much discussion. I believe now everyone will finally sort themselves out.

On the other hand though, there is another track not too far from the track I race at that really has just a core group of racers that are mostly beginners or intermediate racers whom probably have no inclination of attending a national event. These types of clubs are the ones that will probably steer farther away from ROAR rules and just go for whatever the racers want to run and allow.

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
But if they did, how great would R/C racing be!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Are these US market only ?

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
February.

LRP's all-new X-11 "stock" spec motors will be avaialble in 10.5, 13.5, 17.5, and 21.5 configurations that meet ROAR "stock" BL motor specifications. This means a 12.3mm sintered armature, anodized external color coded (for each wind) parts, and an armature that is easily identifiable by tech crews.

There will also be 8.5 and 9.5 versions of the motors for use by clubs in limited modified class racing and are perfect for low grip off-road modified applications.

X-11 Stock Spec motors are scheduled for February delivery.

Additionally, 12.5 and 13.0 mm sintered rotors for X11 MOdified motors will be available at the same time.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

No, the "StockSpec" series of X11 motors will of course be available worldwide
Old 01-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Do you keep the small parts Kit ? I could not find this anywhere ... 3 long screws, I bent them all in a crash.

Also the same motor before it was broken had a very strange power band. Almost nothing and then came in only at high throttle. I discovered this fault when my replacement motor ran absolutely fine with no changes.

Have you heard of a fault like this ?
Old 03-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Timing ??

Hi Guys,

What timing should I run on my LRP 13.5 with a recently fitted sintered rotor.

The reason I'm asking is that when I was resetting the ESC I read that the timing should be set at 2.....now my motor came out of the packet (bonded) with the timing set at 7...

Which should it be 2 or 7??

Cheers
Old 03-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOZ69
Hi Guys,

What timing should I run on my LRP 13.5 with a recently fitted sintered rotor.

The reason I'm asking is that when I was resetting the ESC I read that the timing should be set at 2.....now my motor came out of the packet (bonded) with the timing set at 7...

Which should it be 2 or 7??

Cheers
That is a factory error. Set it back to 2 degs. I tried playing with my timing and at 5 degs. it cogged like mad and barely would start. I put it back to around 2.5 and problem solved.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Verndog
That is a factory error. Set it back to 2 degs. I tried playing with my timing and at 5 degs. it cogged like mad and barely would start. I put it back to around 2.5 and problem solved.
Thanks, i've set it back to 2 will give it a try tomorrow.

Thats also probally why I was running higher temps than others on the same gearing.

Cheers