Wiki Posts
Search

LRP 13.5, anyone have a go yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by woozer71
Can someone tell me the different characteristics withe the 3 Novak 13.5 motors. The sintered, the bonded and the ex sport. Would like to know the differences in temp, rpm etc.
not to knock u.. but this thread is for the new lrp motors

u will get a better response in the novak motor thread, or i tihnk its on novak bl systems.. but ud get a better responser there
Old 07-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

so how many ppl have the x-11 13.5?

with a sintered rotor, or without, how does it compare to the novak?

is it pretty even for speed and torque? more less?
Old 08-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Another thread bump up

How many people have the x-11 13.5? sintered or non sintered rotor how do you guys like them?

And yes I saw everyones thoughts already here, but there has to be more people that bought them now
Old 08-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My question is, why would anyone buy a 13.5 brushless that is slower than the Novak and apparently impossible to find.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adamge
My question is, why would anyone buy a 13.5 brushless that is slower than the Novak and apparently impossible to find.
Where is the slower then the novak coming from?

And for me, it looks cooler lol, I have ran LRP for all my esc's (brushed esc's, a mamba max for bashing bl) and still for racing I use a LRP sr... Now I am going to buy a LRP tc worlds, and want the motor to go with it
Old 08-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From the one guy in North America who has tested it and claimed it fades and needs a sintered rotor.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Where is the slower then the novak coming from?

And for me, it looks cooler lol, I have ran LRP for all my esc's (brushed esc's, a mamba max for bashing bl) and still for racing I use a LRP sr... Now I am going to buy a LRP tc worlds, and want the motor to go with it
Looks cooler? c'mon, this is about competition, looks come second. But, for the record, the Velociti series are some of the coolest looking motors out. Everybody elses looks like depth charges launched to sink a u-boat...BORING!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:18 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

From the one guy in North America who has tested it and claimed it fades and needs a sintered rotor.
I Have had one for about a month or so with the bonded rotor that comes with it and now with the sintered rotor. The only difference I have felt between the two is the sintered rotor runs cooler. The bonded rotor doest show any fade in my car that I have noticed. And its not slower or faster than the Novaks...Ive raced them and cant tell a bit of difference between the two.

EA
Old 08-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I think bonded is way slower and novak has more punch....We have been testing all the motors at socal...but just my opinion...
Old 08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Looks cooler? c'mon, this is about competition, looks come second. But, for the record, the Velociti series are some of the coolest looking motors out. Everybody elses looks like depth charges launched to sink a u-boat...BORING!!!!
I forgot a few things.... The sensor wire comes off, so if I want to re wire my car different, and my sensor wire is too short, I can just go buy a new one... Where the novak is not removable.. Belive me, the look of it isnt what makes me want it, but it does look cool IMO... I just like the grey color

You can get a sintered rotor for it....

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I Have had one for about a month or so with the bonded rotor that comes with it and now with the sintered rotor. The only difference I have felt between the two is the sintered rotor runs cooler. The bonded rotor doest show any fade in my car that I have noticed. And its not slower or faster than the Novaks...Ive raced them and cant tell a bit of difference between the two.

EA
Thats good man! I like to hear that! What is your fdr? And what are the temps on the motor and speedo?

But I think its the same novak motor.. I dont know that the novak could just be omg this is slow compared to my novak.. And if it is, gear it up a tooth

Originally Posted by King of B Main
I think bonded is way slower and novak has more punch....We have been testing all the motors at socal...but just my opinion...
And this is too what novak motor? bonded or sintered?

You guys need to get a sintered rotor, I probably WONT run till I get a sintered rotor... I might if it comes too putting a brushed motor back in my car... But if I can hold out even till race day I will
Old 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I managed to nab one while they were very briefly in stock. Anybody have a clue how to gear this thing (sintered rotor)? I'm doing foams on carpet, and we're getting our Novak's close to 44mm at times.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I managed to nab one while they were very briefly in stock. Anybody have a clue how to gear this thing (sintered rotor)? I'm doing foams on carpet, and we're getting our Novak's close to 44mm at times.
check with EA he has been running it for a while!
Old 08-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
check with EA he has been running it for a while!
EA and I broke up. Maybe he'll respond to you. ;-)
Old 08-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
EA and I broke up. Maybe he'll respond to you. ;-)

Dammit...And to think I have been faithful to you and didnt know about the break up!! LOL

On asphalt I ran around a 5.85FDR on mine when the Novak guys were running a 5.0. That was with the bonded rotor that comes with it. With the Sintered rotor 1 tooth bigger and it runs cooler...no performance changes noticed though.

EA
Old 08-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Dammit...And to think I have been faithful to you and didnt know about the break up!
:-O

It'll probably be two weeks before I get a chance to test it all in the clubs, but I'll give it a go. I'm happy to hear the performance is on par with the existing 13.5, I hope that remains true on the rug. It sounds like it wants less gear than Novak's 13.5.

I saw the 4.5 version of the motor a few days ago and was really impressed with its good looks, unimportant as that may be. I too am in the camp of people disenchanted with the non-removable sensor harness on the Novak motors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.