Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

That spool aint out yet.

For foam on tarmac it might work, or not? 1/8th 4wd's use rear spool.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi guys, i jus finished d mod race...i manage to Tq n win d race...

thanks for u guys tips....here d link of my pictures...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=3267

Wish Team serpent all d best!!!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
hi guys, i jus finished d mod race...i manage to Tq n win d race...

thanks for u guys tips....here d link of my pictures...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=3267

Wish Team serpent all d best!!!!!

kschu- congratulations!! Good job!

Butter
Old 03-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

hi guys, i'm thinking wan turn my way into brushless system . after i play mod race for my 1st time, i notice d comm and d brush very fast finish which cost me alots!!!....

guys, any reconmended of brushless system ?? i see d speed passion GT esc nt bad, come with a controller too....wat u guys think bout it ??

thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 09:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I ran the Speed Passion but had problems with thermal cutoff ending my runs early, I switched back to the LRP system which I've run in the past, and it seems to be the best. Orion mod BL motors are plenty fast as well.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kschu= brushless system is really great. Its fast, less maintenance and runs cooler compared to brush motors. Some guys were using the Gran turismo here, while others used LRP TC Spec. I was using the Nosram ISTC Evolution ESC. So far dont have problems with the Nosram after my friend Miguel deactivate the lipo cut off which end the run early before the 5 mins time.
But Im planning to get Orion 4.5 turns... Those guys using here were really fast... So get an LRP with an Orion motor and your ready to dominate the races...

By the way, are you using the gear diff already?

Sir Randy, do you recommend using the gear diff? I hate repeated loosening and checking of ball diff frequently during races. I ordered one already.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

gear diff is awsome, requires little to no maint and stay very consitent through the whole run.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Could someone with VTEC rims check track width for me, and is it possible for the wheelbase to be set at 251mm?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Rhoby- Randy is at a race testing his Serpent for the first time. I can tell you that the gear diff is amazing... very consistent diff action. Remember to change the Diff oil/lube according to track conditions. I ran a little to heavy in some low traction conditions and the car just would not hook up. The great thing is you can remove the diff, clean it, and re-fill it FAST!!

The ball diff with the new thrust bearing is much more consistent and reliable and will provide smoother action. Not to mention it will last longer.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:56 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Rhoby- Randy is at a race testing his Serpent for the first time. I can tell you that the gear diff is amazing... very consistent diff action. Remember to change the Diff oil/lube according to track conditions. I ran a little to heavy in some low traction conditions and the car just would not hook up. The great thing is you can remove the diff, clean it, and re-fill it FAST!!

The ball diff with the new thrust bearing is much more consistent and reliable and will provide smoother action. Not to mention it will last longer.
What lube for what condition? would tight or high flow track consider a factor too?

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TFR
What lube for what condition? would tight or high flow track consider a factor too?

Thanks.
You would generally run lighter fluid for lower traction. If traction is very poor running 1000wt would be a good starting point. High bite conditions you can run as high as your steering requirements demand. The slower the diff action the more steering or less rear traction through diff action you will have.

As for the track requirements, tight technical tracks require very responsive steering so in theory you can run heavier fluid to make the car "react" quicker. However, the traction has to be there first so I would judge what fluid to use by the amount of traction you have and then fine tune to the specific track layout if need be.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Butter,

Has anyone ever tried Gear diffs in both front and rear? Is the rear Gear diff capable of going in the front of the car?

Steve
Old 03-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by corallyman
Butter,

Has anyone ever tried Gear diffs in both front and rear? Is the rear Gear diff capable of going in the front of the car?

Steve
Steve,

I have not tried it but I have every intention of doing so!! I believe you can use the rear in the front but it requires some shimming to get the right offset for the belts. The only problemis that the drive shafts will be right on the edge of the drive cups. Try using 48mm drive shafts and you should be ok.

Butter
Old 03-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Butter,

I am sending you a PM.

Steve
Old 03-23-2008, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Rhoby, i didnt use d gear diff yet. but i'm using Jadd ceramic bearing n thrust bearing, it's work great for me.....i never encountered d diff screw being loose...btw, i do put a drop of thread lock liquid in d diff screw nut...this do d magic for me...

about d BL, i see a thread somewhere in rctech mention tat SP GT will lost punch after 3 minute but i'm nt sure if tat is true....BL tat in my mind now is LRP Sphere and also KO Propo BL esc(which nt yet release)....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.