Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless Motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I know this is a bit off topic (but most of these posts are) but I will say that Br00d has provided some of the best customer service I have received from an RC company and that says a lot for me. If they choose to sell other products I would continue to buy from them for that reason. Its ashame the RC industry seems to have more then its fair share of companies providing bad service. I would hate to see a company with good products and good customer service go out of business.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tallyrc
is this what has your nuts in a twist? the fact that motors should be rated in watts not winds and that the new 13.5 should be the new "silver can" instead of stock.. what a joke..
I wish someone would come out with a silvercan equivelant so I could stop buying and testing all these Johnsons... Come'on...maybe a 16.5 or something??
Old 03-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

what is the perfect spec motor then? just curious? back to the 540's?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

When comparing a 13.5 to brushed stock, I believe while the 13.5 is slightly faster, it shows up a lot more when it's in the hands of an inexperienced racer.

A good racer isn't going to scrub much speed, so the torque of the motor won't mean as much to them as someone that has to lift more. If you're lifting too much, the added torque will help you get back to speed in a hurry, and penalize you less. It closes the gap somewhat between an intermediate and advanced driver, but only because it directly corrects one of the main mistakes an intermediate driver makes.

I think running them together in club races is fine. At large races, if you mix the two, you need to call it the 13.5 class, and add a provision that 27T brushed stock motors are also allowed. That way, nobody is surprised if they're slower with a brushed stock.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muahdib4
I wish someone would come out with a silvercan equivelant so I could stop buying and testing all these Johnsons... Come'on...maybe a 16.5 or something??
the problem with the johnsons and mabuchi's was the vast differences from motor to motor, some were complete dogs.. atleast the newer stocks have better QC..
Old 03-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

what is the perfect spec motor then? just curious? back to the 540's?
May have to wait for the LRP 15.5 and see how it stacks up.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

One unfortunate side-effect of the 13.5 in stock is that the guys that do continue to run stock motors almost HAVE to true and rebrush, because the brushless guy is going to be fast every time. It actually exacerbates the very problem it's trying to solve for the people that continue to use brushed motors in a mixed environment. That makes me feel a little guilty. :-)
Old 03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

the problem with the johnsons and mabuchi's was the vast differences from motor to motor, some were complete dogs.. atleast the newer stocks have better QC..
Old 03-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
When comparing a 13.5 to brushed stock, I believe while the 13.5 is slightly faster, it shows up a lot more when it's in the hands of an inexperienced racer.

A good racer isn't going to scrub much speed, so the torque of the motor won't mean as much to them as someone that has to lift more. If you're lifting too much, the added torque will help you get back to speed in a hurry, and penalize you less. It closes the gap somewhat between an intermediate and advanced driver, but only because it directly corrects one of the main mistakes an intermediate driver makes.

I think running them together in club races is fine. At large races, if you mix the two, you need to call it the 13.5 class, and add a provision that 27T brushed stock motors are also allowed. That way, nobody is surprised if they're slower with a brushed stock.
I would absolutely agree with that. While they turn similar # of laps they get there a different way. Brushless is also at an advantage b/c of the maintenance aspect. If I dont keep up with the maintenance of my 27 stock then it becomes a dog quickly -- so while not relevant to the track it does play a part in the overall race experience (if you call what you do in the pits part of racing).
Old 03-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

syndrome, i run crappy bats too so i don't feel too bad... i only got to run the 13.5 one weekend, and i wasn't blown away by the bottom end (probbly my batts) but on the top it was fine.. i will say it was really smoothe which may have made it "feel" soft..
Old 03-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
.....don't worry much about Adrian, he lives in his own little world of how RC should be.
Hi Kettle...I'm Pot
Old 03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, Adrian......I don't take a spot on ROAR.....stir up a bunch of crap online and then quit....you do....

Later EddieO
Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Well, Adrian......I don't take a spot on ROAR.....stir up a bunch of crap online and then quit....you do....

Later EddieO
Ed...I dont pretend to know why you do what you do so please do not assume you know anything about me. If you have a problem with me I suggest you pick up the phone and give me a call.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
One unfortunate side-effect of the 13.5 in stock is that the guys that do continue to run stock motors almost HAVE to true and rebrush, because the brushless guy is going to be fast every time. It actually exacerbates the very problem it's trying to solve for the people that continue to use brushed motors in a mixed environment. That makes me feel a little guilty. :-)
I did this anyways ...or actually ran a freshly rebuilt stock & 19T motor every run as I rebuilt, zapped, rebrushed all my 19T and Stock racing motors (yes even for club racing) at home ready for race days (yes that means I have about a million 19T's & stock motors) ...needless to say I love brushless, however I will be putting my brushed stuff back in May in order to get ready for the paved nationals..
Old 03-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Eddie O calm down my man LOL

instead of fighting with these guys you should update your own signature you have alot of work to do on it ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.