Wiki Posts
Search

New SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless Motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
exactly! the newbs can run that, hastle free all year, and the hotshots can run the other stuff..
yeap they can just show up to the track with a charger and spare parts
Old 07-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

at those speeds they won't need many parts either.. or tires.. they could probably run 15-20 minutes on a charge.. that is some serious wheel time.. nothing beats back to back to back practice..
Old 07-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Teching motors at a Sunday morning club race? The fact that that even occurred to you is indicative of some of TC racing's problems. I don't see why you brought up the other stuff.

I'm suggesting that ROAR and other sanctioning bodies test these potential Stock-BL motors on the track to ensure that they aren't too fast. If they are too fast, don't allow them to be a 'legal' Stock-BL motor.

-Adam

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Thats great...

Now...how do you tech these motors at a sunday morning club race without out a motor dyno and a lab with "controlled conditions"?

Just to save some time there are also problems with:

1. Speed control limited RPM or Watt output - How do you tech it? Are the speedos capable maintaing close tolerances in power out put? How are speedos calibrated? How do you stop cheaters?

This all ends up being too technical expensive to tech. And its too easy to cheat.

2. Power limiting devises - They will have to be as big as a speedo to handle the power dissipation. Who want to buy a $150 part that slows you car down? How do you tech it? Are these units capable maintaing close tolerances in power out put? How are they calibrated? How do you stop cheaters?

Same problems.

This is why we have used construction as the power limiting factors in motors for the last 40 years.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Don't turn this thread into another debate on what the classes should be. There are plenty of those already, started specifically for that purpose.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

hey people,

Profile question:

I am currently on default profile#1 (GTB) and am finding that it is a bit too punchy out of corners, and I'd like to smooth it out a bit.

any suggestions on profile changes, or the settings within the profiles? Im not quite sure what the differences actually mean.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Guy,
what profile you guy runing SS 13.5R Pro with LRP TC spec speedo? thanks
Old 07-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PeteB
hey people,

Profile question:

I am currently on default profile#1 (GTB) and am finding that it is a bit too punchy out of corners, and I'd like to smooth it out a bit.

any suggestions on profile changes, or the settings within the profiles? Im not quite sure what the differences actually mean.

Thanks
try lowering minimum drive......or increasing dead band
Old 07-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by adamge
Teching motors at a Sunday morning club race? The fact that that even occurred to you is indicative of some of TC racing's problems. I don't see why you brought up the other stuff.

I'm suggesting that ROAR and other sanctioning bodies test these potential Stock-BL motors on the track to ensure that they aren't too fast. If they are too fast, don't allow them to be a 'legal' Stock-BL motor.

-Adam
I am bringing this up because people cheat at club races more than anywhere else.

Any motor rule must be easily tech-able.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:46 PM
njt
Tech Apprentice

turn it up

the 13.5 is already quick but im greedy, does anyone no if you can turn the motor timming up for more power. do you get more rpm or watts? do you create more heat. which way do you turn the endbell? any one with any answers.