Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless Motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

again, can you show us where anybody said they wished you would go out of business? that was not my or i believe anybodys intention.. now, i'm not sure if you are just asuming all people that run brushless or just that I am too lazy to build a motor myself, but i think you are missing my entire point for running and hoping brushless classes take off... i have twin 3 year olds and as competitive as i am (plenty for those that don't know me), racing rc cars is my release and how i try to RELAX on a nice saturday afternoon... eliminating the time spent working motors only improves that experience for me and countless others especially new people trying to crack into this hobby... now this is just one guys opinion, but hearing you brag about how much money you make while this forum is riddled countless posts about controling costs and reducing voltages and the spiraling expenses of this hobby, well that just chaps my ass..
Old 03-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

back to the brushed/brushless thread for just a minute:

i personally love brushless because it's one less thing that i have to worry about as far as improving. i can spend a ton more time learning how to drive rather than making sure my motor is in tip top shape.
i don't have the time to practice more than once a week if i'm lucky, but when i do get out there, i have one less thing on my mind to take care of.
I run stock at my home track, Speedworld, and brushed stock motors have waaaay more top end than my brushless, but the brushless kills the brushed on the infield.
i'm sticking with the brushless for now because of the maint though, virtually none

as far as sticking up for ones self, all's well, but bragging about your bankroll is childish. if it wasn't for your hardwork and your paying customers, you wouldn't be where you are today, plain and simple

BTW, my Br00d tuned CO27 is my favorite motor!

vic
Old 03-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Vic, glad you like your motor......wait till you see the new brushless stuff we are doing.....I am sure it will rumple a feather or two....but its legit and cool...

As far as bragging, I don't do it very much....really rarely at all, but I have grown tired of comments about us going out of business, some of which in a very hateful manner.....and its simply my way of saying, listen....brushless or not, I am going no where.......I have simply grown more and more tired of it, so my response has been a bit more harsh over time...

Tallyrc, sorry yer ass is chapped.....mine is too. I get that way when people say companies going out of business is better for the hobby......my buddy Eric over at EA Motorsports.....he has kids too, works his tail off....people wishing his company the worst or saying the hobby will be better off without it doesn't bode well to me.....

Later EddieO
Old 03-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

don't worry, we all understand where you stand now... thanks for the sig..
Old 03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Always stood there.....always been known...

Nice signature, way to make me proud

Later EddieO
Old 03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

"always been know" ?? is english your first language?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

oh my, I corrected that typo as soon as I saw it.....good to see your arguements fail so bad you need to result to the OH MY GOD he forgot an N on the end of a word....

Too funny....

Good to see a little racist remark about a person's first language too....AWESOME....I love it.

Later EddieO
Old 03-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

racist? that's reaching, or the depths or you intellect (not sure but have a good guess)... my "argument" is that you failed to understand a written sentence about 2 pages back and now you have blown up on a message board trying to backtrack...
Old 03-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
well more issues with brushless 13.5 motors , here is my dilema , just found out from a NOVAK rep that even though they say is ROAR approved they only talking about the winds in the motor which i didnt know , where am i getting with this next week there will be a ROAR event at the track that i race at and i'm not going to be able to use the 13.5 even though novak says is similar to a 27-turn racing stock brush motor because ROAR doesn't allow brushless motors (13.5) to
be race in stock class , ONLY IN MODIFIED CLASS , if this new motor is similar to
a 27-turn motor why cant be put head to head with brushed stock motors , f@@@k ROAR
Novak came closer this time with 13.5, but now with the sintered rotor?

racers were saying the same thing you were saying when the 4300 came out. remember it was touted as a 27T stock equivilent.

here is a post #891 i did on Hobbytalk.com forum in Nov 2006
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...77#post1709077

as of that time the many sites still showed the 4300 as a 27T stock equivilent
Old 03-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

I would like to take this opportunity to answer Mr. Adrian Martinez’ post on Brushless knowledge.

My name is Adnan Khan and I am the designer of Novak’s brushless motors. I was the Novak representative at the ROAR meeting to discuss the Brushless motors, and Mr. Martinez asked me a specific question on another manufacturer’s motor. My answer was that I was not able to answer him without knowing all the details of the design.

This does not mean I do not know the working of a brushless motor. We have over seven years of design experience in Brushless motors design, and we use a high performance motor design program that was specially developed for Permanent Magnet Brushless DC motor development. Over the last seven years we have developed and tested many variation of our design and the program prediction is extremely close to the actual motor performance.

My engineering training and 26 plus years of practical design experience in aerospace and radio-control industry prevents me from making statement that I can not back with solid science. With this in mind, I told Mr. Martinez that I could not explain the difference in motors without knowing more detailed information about the design and materials of these motors.

We can predict the performance of our Brushless motor very accurately as we designed each motor from the ground up, and we know exactly what goes into our motors. We design and Dyno test our motors to fine tune the performance on a regular intervals. We also manufacture all of our motors on the premises, and we do not simply purchase motors from overseas vendors.

In term of motor performance, for a given size the motor performance is based on many variables such as motor stator size, magnetic material, air gap and the materials used to build the components. It is extremely difficult to predict performance without analyzing all the variables. The total power output is based on the motor constant. What that means is you can only get so much power from a 540 size motor for a given input power, and by changing one parameter to gain RPM or torque you have to give up something.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Unfortunately, I think some consumers see motor and battery companies as opportunistic, and it fuels their animosity. I've even been a little guilty of it myself in the past.

But, many of those companies also give back to R/C. They sponsor races. They go to big events and help not only their team drivers, but the layman as well. They sponsor drivers and give them incentive to improve, making the racing more interesting to spectators, and possibly giving its audience a wider appeal. They open tracks and host large events, possibly with some personal expense. In some cases, they even run for office.

We had a guy that runs a battery company come to a local race recently, and he sought me out to help with a setup problem he saw with my car on the track after I was back in the pits. No sneering at my LiPo and brushless motor or anything, just an unabashed willingness to help another racer. How can you wish people like that out of business? I believe this hobby is mostly made up of good people, and we should all hope they adapt and thrive as the market changes.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ESCman, do you see a practical way to have a spec brushless motor or to in some way ensure some uniformity of output? Or is a spec to a single manufacturor the only way to acheive this? Could the ESC somehow be the limiting spec factor?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 4300 was the first attempt

copy from:

The Official 4300 Brushless/LiPo/Foam Touring Thread post #153

The updated solder tabs have nothing to do with the timing of the motor. The reason we went to them was two fold. First it has less voltage drop than the PC Board and secondly it is easier to solder the wires to it.
Actually we designed the 4300 to be an equivalent stock motor but it turned out to be as fast as a 19 turn so that is why we brought out the 13.5 turn. This time we sent quite a few 13.5 turn motors to drivers around the country to get their feedback instead of our own. Now we have two motors that are what I like to call Spec class motors. And yes we a pleasantly surprised that they are catching on so fast.

Bob
Old 03-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

why isn't everyone's first post like that.. can't wait to pick up the new 13.5r myself..
Old 03-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ESCman: You just laid down TQ in the brushless discussion. Thanks for that bit of insight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.