Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys i'm planning on getting a Demon. Could anyone provide me with some good setups to start on?

Carpet/ rubber tires
Carpet/ foam tires (preferably plaid/purple)
Asphalt/ rubber tires

I was told Stephen Baker was the man to talk to. PM or email me if you have any.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Axiom5B
Hey guys i'm planning on getting a Demon. Could anyone provide me with some good setups to start on?

Carpet/ rubber tires
Carpet/ foam tires (preferably plaid/purple)
Asphalt/ rubber tires

I was told Stephen Baker was the man to talk to. PM or email me if you have any.

Thanks
hey axiom Iam working on one for asphalt > If it works good I will pm you with it will find out sunday
Old 04-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

ok thanks howard, only reason i'm asking you guys is because victor has told me you can't use tc3 setups on it, otherwise i'd be set. Has anyone gotten any flack from people at their track for running the car? Seems I will....at first only
Old 04-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

ok thanks howard, only reason i'm asking you guys is because victor has told me you can't use tc3 setups on it, otherwise i'd be set. Has anyone gotten any flack from people at their track for running the car? Seems I will....at first only
the first day I ran the warp car some of the guys I race with checked it out and raised an eyebrow. then after they saw it run a couple asked me where to get one!! whats that say and the competition is always going to put something down out of fear

Last edited by howard hudson; 04-25-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Location: Orange County TrackMasters "The Home of R/C Champions"

Empier
Old 04-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Well people are actually telling me NOT to buy the car because the 3 mm chassis raises everythign up. Victor explained to me that the flipped batteries/motor makes up for it, and that it's only 0.4 mm thicker than stock anyway. I'm just like screw that I want the most competitive chassis out there...even if i have to be different than everyone else.

Stephen Baker...question, why did you choose to run dbl purp front tires on your car at snowbirds? IMO, Plaids are better, they make it easier to drive
Old 04-25-2003, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default Catch me if you Can, HA!

Chips, it's gotta be the chips.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Catch me if you Can, HA!

Originally posted by popsracer
Chips, it's gotta be the chips.
get outta here mr HPI and it is the chips yuk yuk yuk
Old 04-26-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Well people are actually telling me NOT to buy the car because the 3 mm chassis raises everythign up. Victor explained to me that the flipped batteries/motor makes up for it, and that it's only 0.4 mm thicker than stock anyway. I'm just like screw that I want the most competitive chassis out there...even if i have to be different than everyone else.

Stephen Baker...question, why did you choose to run dbl purp front tires on your car at snowbirds? IMO, Plaids are better, they make it easier to drive
What makes the difference is not flipping everything over, its putting the batteries more centered to the chassis and bringing them more closer the the drive shaft. The WARPSPEED chassis is perfectly balanced. That is what is going to make a big difference.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Well doesn't the flipped chassis also counter torque-steer? That would make the car handle better IMO.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Axiom5B:

You are absolutely right, however when we first built the car we built it same as the Associated car. When we tested it, it had alot of torque steer. So when we moved the batteries and the electronics to the other side it eliminated the torque steer, especially for mod. But the biggest concern was to have a chassis that is perfectly balanced. This makes the car easier to tune and react alot faster than the Associated car.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Ohhhh i get it now...so since this chassis is stiffer than the associated one the torque steer was much more noticeable when you first built it? I'm all for easy of tuning and quicker reaction...i like that
Old 04-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How did everyone do today? I had a rough race day myself, but it was all self induced. The car was handling awesome.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

TQ, but then 2nd place took me out down the straight in the main. As a result, shock tower snapped and rear arm torn off
Old 04-27-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default My race day

Well, I havent raced in 7 weeks, it has been a really long time. My car was handling good, real fast but I was alittle rusty. In the main I forgot to put a pack on charge, 1000 sec of charge time, never got to finish, I dumped. For not racing for 7 weeks, it still felt good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.