Warpspeed Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 05:05 PM
Tech Initiate

THE IRS CHASSIS IS JUST A CARBON FIBER VERSION OF THE STOCK ONE, REALLY. AND IM NOT BASHING IT, I STILL RACE ONE OCCASIONALLY. IN MY OPINION THE WARPSPEED DEMON IS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF THE IRS...IN MY OPINION!
Old 03-26-2003, 06:41 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

KING! I'm not picking on you. I think the Demon by looking is nicer too but I talked with a guy who runs for IRS and he is actually working on a new design that should be better than his 1st IRS chassis for the TC3. Good thing about competiton is that we the racer just keep getting better stuff.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Man this thread has some over the top comments on it. For a start the Warpspeed Chassis will make only minimal difference compared to a stock FTTC3, so how could it really be heaps better than a IRS (or any other TC3 chassis) chassis.

I'm sure 99% of R/C racers would not tell the difference between them. The only thing is off the line the Warpspeed car would torque steer the opposite way to an ordinary car and may be a bit more rigid because of the upper deck, but its centre of gravity would be higher as well.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

I AGREE THAT COMPETITION BREEDS IMPROVED TECHNOLOGY. AND YES THE DEMON IS SIMPLY DIFFERENT THAN THE IRS CAR AND THE FTTC3. AND BASED ON THOSE DIFFERENCES I BELIEVE THE DEMON TO BE A BETTER ALTERNATIVE THAN EITHER OF THE OTHER CHASSIS. I KNOW MY LAP TIMES HAVE IMPROVED, MY TIME WRENCHING ON THE CAR HAS REDUCED AND SETUP HAS BECOME EASIER, AND SIMPLER. THE NTC3 STEERING RACK IS A BRILLIANT IDEA. NO MORE CRAP GETTING STUCK IN THAT SLIDING RACK AND IT IS MUCH SMOOTHER. AND AS FAR AS CENTER OF GRAVITY GOES, AS LONG AS YOUR NOT MOUNTING YOUR ELECTRONICS ON THE TOP DECK YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. THAT PIECE OF CARBON FIBER WEIGHS LESS THAN THE C/A IT TOOK TO MOUNT YOUR TIRES. (AND THATS ROTATING MASS.)
Old 03-27-2003, 08:09 AM
Tech Initiate

ixlr8nz,

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A DEMON?!?!?!?

YOU REALLY SHOULD...
Old 03-27-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by ixlr8nz
The only thing is off the line the Warpspeed car would torque steer the opposite way to an ordinary car
Sorry Xlr8nx, but torque steer is not contributed to or affected by the weight or side of the car that the batteries are placed. The rotational torque is still in the same direction as the FTTC3 and will therefore still cause the car to pull (or torque steer) in the same direction. However, the statement made earlier about the Demon having less torque steer than the TC3 may be true.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Initiate

IT IS TRUE. THE WEIGHT OF THE BATTERIES IS FIGHTING TOURQUE STEER ON THE DEMON.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

man, I've heard of this chassis and would really like to see some nice pictures of it....
Old 03-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Tech Initiate

THERE ARE SOME REALLY GOOD PICTURES ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

KING1 that sounds like a real nice chassis. I saw the pics of it and it is trick. I like the new gear cases they have re tooled or had made. I bet they have no binding.

I'm hopping to check out their new Mission chassis. I bet it will be just as trick and will help the car some. I will just have to keep watching this thread for the info I need and when they are shipping the new chassis to Schumacher USA.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Default I ran the car

Guys this car runs extremely well. Let me tell you what I found...

The car has a lot of traction so I found that running the sway bars and stiffer springs helped.. I normaly run the silvers all the way around or blue and silver on my local track called TQ hobby and the car was so stuck that making the car a little stiffer and using the swaybars all the way around allowed me to carry more speed with out bogging the car down.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by KING1
IT IS TRUE. THE WEIGHT OF THE BATTERIES IS FIGHTING TOURQUE STEER ON THE DEMON.
Did you know that you don't have to type in all caps? Just hit the little button on the left side of your keyboard named <Caps Lock>.

If you build your car to be balanced then the side the batteries are on will not affect torque steer. Most likely the reduction *if there is any) of torque steer can be contributed to the stiffer chassis. Of course, if you don't know how to build a balanced car and you don't have a clue how to set the tweak, then you very well might be mistaking a tweaked car for torque steer in the opposite direction.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

I have a question...the blueprinted diff cases...someone said they are 44 bux a pair? is that the correct price? also they said 44 for a pair....by a pair do you mean a top and bottom (to build one case) or do you mean a whole front and a whole rearm case? please clear this up, im interested in maybe picking up a set for my car to get the drive train to spin free.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

It is 44 bucks for the whole set, front and rear.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

WHEW! thanks for clearing that up...44 for both the front and rear doesnt seem that bad when you think about how much work goes into making them fit perfect. but it got me thinkin, 44 for one diff case would be INSANE! but glad its not...im sure warpspeed will be getting an email from me with an order for diff cases pretty soon. good job on all the products guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.