Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MUFFIN
How did everyone do today? I had a rough race day myself, but it was all self induced. The car was handling awesome.
well lets just say I qualified good. was 3rd qualifier in expert stock. We were frieght training for two laps had moved two second and the guy in thrid got a little agresive and punted me. regained my self.. now in 5th ( damn) so I started to drive harder than i should have. stuffed it into a board. ( turned to soon) . crap!! now in last ...drove it even harder came onto the stright away kissed the side border and the motor backed off. (sh#t). I pulled it off..... other than that the car was hooked up it was just my brain farting that done me in
Old 04-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Default Howard Hudson;

Just goes to show you that even with the BEST Car and equipment. Put it in the Hands of a Feeble OLD FART and you still can't win.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I made a lot of changes to the car Saturday night but got to the track too late to get much testing done. I used Stephen Bakers setup, which for me, would be a good setup for stock. It was right on the edge of where good rear rotation and being loose meet. Unfortunately, I was running 19T, which made the car very difficult to drive, so I didn't. I raced another car instead, however, Howard H. did let me drive his car and I just have one thing to say "AWESOME". It was DIALED. His car was soooo smooth and balanced, it almost drove itself. His car (with a front diff) handled as good as my stock TC3 (with a one-way). Turn in was great and it would setup really well for the next turn. It's a shame Howard's not going to the Reedy Race. He's got a real strong competitor. Maybe he'll let me borrow it for the race .

Last edited by DOTMAN; 04-29-2003 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Howard Hudson;

Originally posted by popsracer
Just goes to show you that even with the BEST Car and equipment. Put it in the Hands of a Feeble OLD FART and you still can't win.
hey look mr HPI take your little pro 3 and get outta here when your ready to step up with the big dawgs then come and talk the talk until then SHUUUUUUUSH!!!!

ONE MORE THING may be a feeble old fart but whos older and more feeble. and when you can beat me we will talk still faster then you slowpoke

Last edited by howard hudson; 04-28-2003 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Since I gave out the setups I put the losi steering knuckles on there and it made it way to agressive(on sunday (asphalt w/rubber) so I put my thickest sway-bar on and wen't to a gold spring up front. My car was great And as Art (a.k.a. Muffin (What the heck?) knows I won and wooped up on him (we both had great cars)

And for 19 turn I run it all the time and its still great, I even practiced w/a 10 turn before the race and it was still pretty good(back wanted to come around just a tad)

I started w/ plads then I used Dlb. purples b/c the car already had too much steering and It took some out and made it a little faster (too much traction is slow!!).

Last edited by stephen Baker; 04-28-2003 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DOTMAN
I made a lot of changes to the car Saturday night but got to the track too late to get much testing done. I used Stephen Bakers setup, which for me, would be a good setup for shock. It was right on the edge of where good rear rotation and being loose meet. Unfortunately, I was running 19T, which made the car very difficult to drive, so I didn't. I raced another car instead, however, Howard H. did let me drive his car and I just have one thing to say "AWESOME". It was DIALED. His car was soooo smooth and balanced, it almost drove itself. His car (with a front diff) handled as good as my stock TC3 (with a one-way). Turn in was great and it would setup really well for the next turn. It's a shame Howard's not going to the Reedy Race. He's got a real strong competitor. Maybe he'll let me borrow it for the race .
hey dot thanks for the kind words. but I tell ya what if we cant get your car together that maybe a possibility how much ya got $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ cha ching
Old 04-28-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

dotman, if your car didnt run too good, and howard did,
why dont you copy howards setup? Your car then should be dialed in.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

dotman, do you use tweak station, and do you know how to use it?
Old 04-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ok howard, send me the setup as promised
Old 04-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have the MIP tweak station and I also use the IRS tweak board with four scales.

Stephen, I changed the rear TC3 hubs to the Losi 1/2 degree hubs mounted backwards to give me a 2 1/2 degree rear toe
Old 04-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Howard,
Are you running a warpspeed demon?
If so will you post your setup?

Dotman,
What was wrong w/ your car (did the rear just want to come around to much?), and I hope you know I also use a regular front diff., not a one-way.

Last edited by stephen Baker; 04-28-2003 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stephen Baker
Howard,
Are you running a warpspeed demon?
If so will you post your setup?

Dotman,
What was wrong w/ your car (did the rear just want to come around to much?), and I hope you know I also use a regular front diff., not a one-way.
yup yup warpspeed baby.

as far as dotmans car lets just say the rear wanted to be the front most of the time

set up to fallow ( even for you ax )
Old 04-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

howard post your setup.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

swwwwweeeeet...i'll be in the saddle for the first race of the car...nice
Old 04-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

stephen and art did you run stock or 19t

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.