Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Hi

Originally posted by lem2
wil it be expensive to change to a swing rack?
what parts can I use from the stock TC3 steering?
could you guys please, tell the part numbers that I need?
Thanks and happy racing!!
here ya go lem2

2228 NTC3 Swing Rack
2229 NTC3 Swing Rack Hardware

for these two numbers you will spend around 12 U S dollars and if want bearings they are another 12.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default howard hudson

thanks!!!! will go to the hobby shop tom! that's about 1,400 pesos in our money, sheesh!!(almost a weeks pay to some)
Thanks again!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok, the Demon may be my next car. Are you guys usually getting the complete kit or are most of you buying the conversion kit?? Is there any disadvantage to buying the conversion kit?? Just looking to save a few bucks if i can. After buying Tamiya cars , I should be used to higher cost !!
Also, which chassis do you suggest if I'm racing on asphalt parking lot tracks?? Thanks
Old 09-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you have a TC3 already, the conversion will be cheaper. If you do not have a TC3, you will save money buy getting the complete kit. I would recommend the new Demon 2 for parking lot/asphalt.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Swing Rack

This is the best and ony pic I have right now of the NTC3 swing racks extreme (but Normal) angle on the turnbuckles. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Warpspeed Racing-demonbott.jpg  
Old 09-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default race reports?????

what nobody race this week end?????????
Old 09-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Alright!

I saw one today run.It was dialed.It was a members car that frequents this thread.James Nguyen's car.It was driven by a capable driver and was all over my a$$ in the main today.I finally relinqueshed my 1st place spot @ the 4 minute mark to this car after a really good battle.His car just had more motor.Otherwise it was the same everywhere on the track as my Surikarn EVO3.I must admit that I am equally impressed with the Demon as I am with my Surikarn although I dont really care for the name for personal reasons.I want to know,for myself what is the better conversion,the D1 or D2 because I want to convert my TC3 soon as I really think the Warpspeed cars have excellent potential.For those who ran the tc3 and the warpspeed car,what is the real advantage and do the same setups work?I dont really feel like being the only guy running it in my area trying to make the car work.The TC3 is still an awsome car,but need to know what you guys see as the reason for me to buy the D2 conversion.I run on asphault and Carpet.Looks like Rayhuang is thoroughly happy with the car.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

I let one of our fastest drivers drive it the other day and he is my greatest critic-"Ray why did you buy that car, Ray-why dont you just run the Tc3, yada, yada, yada...." This is the only car I have owned that he drove and walked away with a compliments. He said "Very fast and very consistent". He liked it a lot more than he would admit to.
So thats my take on it as well. Its as fast as any Tc3 because of the drivetrain-but it feels so consistent lap after lap.

I put the exact set-up from my Tc3 on it and it felt great. I gave the set-up to anther Demon1 driver and he TQ'd and won the A-main w/ it.

Rememebr one of the deciding factors on the Demon1 and Demon2 besides the wheelbase is the level of Grip. I would say if your rubber tire anything-go with the Demon2.

If your Foam tire on carpet-Demon1.

But-as soon as I get some more cash-I am buying a Demon2 chassis and testing it.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: race reports?????

Originally posted by howard hudson
what nobody race this week end?????????
Howard-I took the weekend off to spend with family as I will be at the track every Sunday and many weekdays for maintenance and clean-up till December 14th after this Sunday. My wife is NOT thrilled!!! Well-to be honest-I am a bit bummed too as I LOVe being dad!! Its to much fun to miss anythng riight now (18 months old). Oh well-life of a dedicated father and dedicated track owner. HOpefully in that order!!!
Old 09-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Alright!

Originally posted by racenut123
I saw one today run.It was dialed.It was a members car that frequents this thread.James Nguyen's car.It was driven by a capable driver and was all over my a$$ in the main today.I finally relinqueshed my 1st place spot @ the 4 minute mark to this car after a really good battle.His car just had more motor.Otherwise it was the same everywhere on the track as my Surikarn EVO3.I must admit that I am equally impressed with the Demon as I am with my Surikarn although I dont really care for the name for personal reasons.I want to know,for myself what is the better conversion,the D1 or D2 because I want to convert my TC3 soon as I really think the Warpspeed cars have excellent potential.For those who ran the tc3 and the warpspeed car,what is the real advantage and do the same setups work?I dont really feel like being the only guy running it in my area trying to make the car work.The TC3 is still an awsome car,but need to know what you guys see as the reason for me to buy the D2 conversion.I run on asphault and Carpet.Looks like Rayhuang is thoroughly happy with the car.
Yeah, couldn't make it to Salinas today to run so I let the other guys run it. The same setups from the tub chassis work with the Demon series chassis. I haven't run the new Demon2 yet but will have one during carpet season in stockton. You can take my car for a run if you want to see how it feels to you.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: race reports?????

Originally posted by rayhuang
Howard-I took the weekend off to spend with family as I will be at the track every Sunday and many weekdays for maintenance and clean-up till December 14th after this Sunday. My wife is NOT thrilled!!! Well-to be honest-I am a bit bummed too as I LOVe being dad!! Its to much fun to miss anythng riight now (18 months old). Oh well-life of a dedicated father and dedicated track owner. HOpefully in that order!!!
work made me take the week end off all my kids are grown up so all i have is racing work and the new wife... mmmm aaaa... maybe the wife comes first.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by bubbles; 09-29-2003 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by bubbles; 09-29-2003 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Evoracer
Ok, the Demon may be my next car. Are you guys usually getting the complete kit or are most of you buying the conversion kit?? Is there any disadvantage to buying the conversion kit?? Just looking to save a few bucks if i can. After buying Tamiya cars , I should be used to higher cost !!
Also, which chassis do you suggest if I'm racing on asphalt parking lot tracks?? Thanks
Most of us have tc3s already and are just buying the conversion. If you dont have a tc3 already buy the whole kit. ask someone who has one at your local track to drive one and then make up your mind. after running mine for a while now, i feel the warpspeed is about .5 second per lap faster and is more consistent. just my 2 cents.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking d1 or d2 warp

Originally posted by bubbles
no offence to howard here

you would do better with the tub chassis though
hey bubbles find some one and see if they will let you drive theres ,, then you can give your two cents about the chassis OH by the way is your rtr tc3 beating any warp cars? just a question ...no offence here ,.I drive a losi !!!!!and will get a warp soon..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.