Community
Wiki Posts
Search

keeping up with the Jones'

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Lets just name this thread Me2'007 and close it. Thanks.
Exactly. Driving has nothing to do with it I guess...at least when it comes to Xrays. Any idiot can buy one and win national races and from what SOMEONE just said...I guess Paul Lemieux was just some nobody racer who never won a competition before he was given an XRay and full factory support. 10 to 1...putting me behind the wheel of an XRay won't improve my laptimes one single bit...oh wait...it's an Xray so I'd suddenly be winning Mod A mains every week. It must be wonderful to race XRays and have a smug sense of superiority over a chassis that still gets beat every week...AND gets beat by TRF415s on asphalt in major competition.

Oh, and of course XRay has people lined up wanting to drive for them...they pay better. Same reason everyone wants to play for the Yankees...
Old 02-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Loot Acquisition Cycle

I thought that up while I was charging my new iPod and waiting for the Wii to download its updates.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Loot Acquisition Cycle

I thought that up while I was charging my new iPod and waiting for the Wii to download its updates.
whats a ipod and a wii
Old 02-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muahdib4
Exactly. Driving has nothing to do with it I guess...at least when it comes to Xrays. Any idiot can buy one and win national races and from what SOMEONE just said...I guess Paul Lemieux was just some nobody racer who never won a competition before he was given an XRay and full factory support. 10 to 1...putting me behind the wheel of an XRay won't improve my laptimes one single bit...oh wait...it's an Xray so I'd suddenly be winning Mod A mains every week. It must be wonderful to race XRays and have a smug sense of superiority over a chassis that still gets beat every week...AND gets beat by TRF415s on asphalt in major competition.

Oh, and of course XRay has people lined up wanting to drive for them...they pay better. Same reason everyone wants to play for the Yankees...

LOL!!! Ignorance is bliss I guess.... For future reference don't put words in my mouth. Lemiuex has been a top driver for a long time and is a good friend. If you knew anything at all about TC you would know that he has been unbeatable practically in the last 9 months... You just love talking out your A$$. You are being told straight up by someone who runs for Xray RC America how it really is. You just want something to bitch about.... We'll keep on providing fuel for your fire....Smug Xrays TQ and and win 19 turn foam, TQ and win 19 turn rubber, Win modified foam, Tq stock rubber at the 007 Birds.....

Sincerely,

Smug Factory Xray Driver

P.S. Xray beat your Tamiyas at the worlds.... try looking up accurate info next time.

Top Ten IFMAR 1/10 Electric On Road 2006 World Championship
1. Andy Moore - HotBodies/Team Orion Revolution
2. Masami Hirosaka - Yokomo/Team Orion Revolution
3. Paul Lemieux - Xray/Truespeed
4. Marc Rheinard - Tamiya/Team Orion Revolution
5. Viktor Wilck - Xray/Team Orion Revolution
6. Teemu Leino - Schumacher/Team Orion Revolution
7. Surikarn Chaidejsuriya - HotBodies/Team Orion Revolution
8. Ronald Völker - HotBodies/LRP
9. Craig Drescher - Associated/Novak
10. Rick Hohwart - Tamiya/Peak Vantage
Old 02-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

muahdib4 and/or syndrome, could either of you post the winners of all the tc on road A mains at the birds, as well as the type car they ran ? Id also be intrested to see a post from anyone that raced the birds with a 007, in any main, not just the A's, that feels they would have had a better finish with another brand of car , and why ?

yes Paul L was a great driver before he started driving for Xray, and he drove for several good teams, and full factory support, but it seems like his overall results have never been what they are now, tho I have to agree with muahdib4, that in his case, even an Xray wouldnt help lol
Old 02-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well it would seem that YES.. most do upgrade.. because they can.

Me.. I can't.. I consider myself lucky that I can still get out a couple of times a month and enjoy and evening with my toys.

I too follow the spenders .. wait for the sell off.. keep a tab on ebay..

I will be a B or C main guy I am sure for the rest of the time I do this... but I am having fun now.. when I was young, single, and had the money to waist on this.. I was having a lot less fun, constantly trying to get up to those I could never outspend.

Thing I find funny is.. NASCAR is the most popular form of racing in America because it is regulated and driving more than car gets you the win (along with setup and team)... yet in this hobby.. Spend it.. if ya got it.

lol... I do wish I had droop screws though
Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

I already said in this thread you can't argue with results. Do I need to strip naked, write XRay all over my body with a sharpie and run around flailing my arms yelling "you guys are so awesome?" The cars are great, and the people that drive them are very talented and often very nice. I've never said otherwise. I just feel that this success comes at the expense of the hobby. Plus, the XRay crowd does seem a little smug sometimes, so it's fun to call them names and ruffle their feathers.

Secret Link:
http://ascii.textfiles.com/archives/000313.html
Old 02-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I already said in this thread you can't argue with results. Do I need to strip naked, write XRay all over my body with a sharpie and run around flailing my arms yelling "you guys are so awesome?" The cars are great, and the people that drive them are very talented and often very nice. I've never said otherwise. I just feel that this success comes at the expense of the hobby. Plus, the XRay crowd does seem a little smug sometimes, so it's fun to call them names and ruffle their feathers.

Secret Link:
http://ascii.textfiles.com/archives/000313.html
Depends on what color sharpie??
BTW...you are a VCP....
Old 02-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

well, dont get naked, at least wear some long shorts
Old 02-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Depends on what color sharpie??
BTW...you are a VCP....
Ah, that was a perfect chance to call me a TC! This is the place I go to get away from being a PIE elsewhere.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Why buy a new car every year? Because 90% of the racers out there can afford it. Think about it, you can get a new racing chassis that will be competitive at a world level race right out of the box for about 1/1000 of the cost of a full size racing car that can compete at the same level. I think everyone is guilty of buying the newest stuff as soon as its out, whether its an Ipod, laptop, clothes, full size car parts, whatever. Some people just choose to make an RC their latest and greatest purchase.
Well said. Makes sense to me.

Wish people would stop crying and beating the dead horse already.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
Well said. Makes sense to me.

Wish people would stop crying and beating the dead horse already.
At least they're not beating a happy, asexual unicorn!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamButter
LOL!!! Ignorance is bliss I guess.... For future reference don't put words in my mouth. Lemiuex has been a top driver for a long time and is a good friend. If you knew anything at all about TC you would know that he has been unbeatable practically in the last 9 months... You just love talking out your A$$. You are being told straight up by someone who runs for Xray RC America how it really is. You just want something to bitch about.... We'll keep on providing fuel for your fire....Smug Xrays TQ and and win 19 turn foam, TQ and win 19 turn rubber, Win modified foam, Tq stock rubber at the 007 Birds.....

Sincerely,

Smug Factory Xray Driver

P.S. Xray beat your Tamiyas at the worlds.... try looking up accurate info next time.

Top Ten IFMAR 1/10 Electric On Road 2006 World Championship
1. Andy Moore - HotBodies/Team Orion Revolution
2. Masami Hirosaka - Yokomo/Team Orion Revolution
3. Paul Lemieux - Xray/Truespeed
4. Marc Rheinard - Tamiya/Team Orion Revolution
5. Viktor Wilck - Xray/Team Orion Revolution
6. Teemu Leino - Schumacher/Team Orion Revolution
7. Surikarn Chaidejsuriya - HotBodies/Team Orion Revolution
8. Ronald Völker - HotBodies/LRP
9. Craig Drescher - Associated/Novak
10. Rick Hohwart - Tamiya/Peak Vantage
Ok, how about Reedy Race of CHAMPIONS on ASPHALT...

2006 winner....Marc Rheinard TRF415
2005 winner....Craig Drescher FT TC4
2004 winner....Surikarn TRF415
Only 1 Xray even made the podium and that was in 2005.

As for the Birds...how bout we put a list together of how many sponsored Xray drivers were there compared to the number of sponsored drivers for each other team. Since you're a driver for them how about you get me a list of all the sponsored and partially sponsored drivers that were there. Also, let's go through and count how many Xrays were fielded...I'll bet you they're 10-1 over the closest other chassis. I know, as an XRay driver you want to believe that the chassis is 100% of what wins...but it isn't. As for putting words in your mouth...you said "Hard to argue against results...How many races did Paulie win before he ran the Xray?" Which to me would mean that he didn't win at all until he got an XRay. Not putting words in your mouth...just taking the ones you spout off like they were said. I know, since you run for XRay you have to defend them but it would be the same if you raced for Corally or Tamiya or Hot Bodies. You'd b!tch and moan if someone attacked the one footing your RC bill. I know it hurts your pride to have someone talk to you as an equal even though you want people to bow down to you since you drive for XRay but I didn't bow to ANY other sponsored drivers on any other forum and I'm not going to start now. I hear all the rhetoric and see all the big results and I ALSO see the everyday results and guess what...just because an XRay is fielded doesn't mean it's going to win.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At least they're not beating a happy, asexual unicorn!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks to technology there will always be faster cars. They get better and better all the time that is fact.
Xray is at the top of the game regardless of driver, Precision quality without sacrifice. That is Fact.
Some cars have different qualities from others. Fact.
Anyone who doesnt want to drive the latest greatest design does not care to win. Fact.
Xray is winning because its a winning kit.
If Xray charged 250.00 per kit what would you buy?
R/C Cars are not created equal. Regardless of driver.
It takes a driver, but the Kits are not created equal.
If the yanks all drove for Traxxis.Would you buy a Traxxis?
Probably not? Even if they were winning every single race.
Why? Because The Xray is better. And to win with a Traxxis you'd have to be a driver.

Sorry Traxxis no disrespect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.