keeping up with the Jones'

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Self-pwnd.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

ive just started out in this hobbie again and intend to race on carpet.
i bought a car thats really for tarmac .the trf msx mre.
yup some of you may think that was a bad move.but i like the car im never going to be pushing the A main guys, so im just going to enjoy it.
i dont follow the heard i do my own thing.i can see myself struggling to find a good setup but in the long run should give me a wider scope of experience in a shorter time.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

just buy stuff BUY IT ALL
Old 02-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamButter
With that mentality then I guess a 77 Chevette can blow the doors off a Ferrari Enzo on a track if the guy driving the Enzo is blind and can't reach the pedals...

You post on every thread that Xray paid this and that and the whole Yankee theme over and over again. I challenge you to do the research and you will see that the Xray "dream team's" payroll is closer to the Marlins than the Yankees.

Another question I have is why is the debate of TC's so important to you? You say you only race Mini's anyhow???
First...yes if Michael Schumacher is running the Chevette and I've running the Enzo...he'd win. Plus the tech is COMPLETELY different between the two and RC chassis are almost all the same or close enough that someone who wasn't into RC couldn't really tell the difference. So..duh.

Yep I post because I can and I do race TCs, I just enjoy Minis more because there is less of this kind of BS. It has nothing to do with their payroll being equal to the Yankees. It's call a metaphor...look it up. If XRays roster payroll is the Marlins then the payroll for everybody else is little league. Are you saying Xray doesn't field more drivers than any other company...or that they don't work hard to hire the best? They do...it's that simple and that's why they win..not because their tech is that much better than everyone elses. Like I've always said...it's the driver that makes the car not the car that makes the driver. I'm not saying XRay makes junk just that others are just as good maybe even better in some cases.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

No one answered my question, who else has released 2 cars in one year? I can't find anyone else, so basically Xray is the "problem" with TC today That maybe but the losi fans went yet another season without a new car.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Reasons guys change cars every year or sooner:
-The love of building a new car
-"FACTORY DRIVER" must run the latest rig to pimp the product
-"HOT CLUB RACER" with a few sponsors think they are tight with a Factory driver cuz they talked at a big race a few times so they are chassing the dream and buy the newest chassis when its out
-"HACK RACER" blames everything on poor results except his lack of skill or practice.And because "HOT CLUB RACER" wins alot of races and has a few sponsors he figuers if he ran the same gear as him he would have a chance
-"AVERAGE JOE" that totaly enjoys the hobby of racing,tuning, building and has a few bucks to spare enjoys the latest and greatest and buys it regardless of who runs it and doesnt expect to drop his lap times, becuase he realizes his driving is the #1 way to go faster no the newest chassis.

This .1 and .2 a second lap time drop is a total myth and never proven. Until the RC mags start testing chassis on one track everytime with identical gear there is no way anyone can prove the next gen car is faster. Yes in some cases cars are faster but no one can tell me that the whole 10 car line up in the tamiya 415 family is progresivly faster by .2sec a lap.

I would suspect tracks such as the one at tamiya usa would have track records recorded? I would also suspect that each time the record is broken newer cells and motors are also onboard the new chassis.

Car of the month gets fustrating to shops that try to keep racers supplied with spares, the transition from T1 to T2 for my local shop was terrible, without warning the whole suspension system got changed now they have a wall of stock they will have to sit on and reduce to get rid of, as the racers moved on to the new cars... And now he has 2 walls of parts
Old 02-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

And us losi fans will continue to wait...and wait...and wait....
Old 02-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
No one answered my question, who else has released 2 cars in one year? I can't find anyone else, so basically Xray is the "problem" with TC today That maybe but the losi fans went yet another season without a new car.

Tamiya releases new cars every so often...

muahdib4- Xray doesn't work at fielding or buying drivers. Xray/RC America has a list a mile long of drivers who want to run the car. Is it faster? Is it better? Hard to argue against results...How many races did Paulie win before he ran the Xray? Didn't think so....while the driver does make a huge difference, so does the car.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Reasons guys change cars every year or sooner:
-The love of building a new car
-"FACTORY DRIVER" must run the latest rig to pimp the product
-"HOT CLUB RACER" with a few sponsors think they are tight with a Factory driver cuz they talked at a big race a few times so they are chassing the dream and buy the newest chassis when its out
-"HACK RACER" blames everything on poor results except his lack of skill or practice.And because "HOT CLUB RACER" wins alot of races and has a few sponsors he figuers if he ran the same gear as him he would have a chance
-"AVERAGE JOE" that totaly enjoys the hobby of racing,tuning, building and has a few bucks to spare enjoys the latest and greatest and buys it regardless of who runs it and doesnt expect to drop his lap times, becuase he realizes his driving is the #1 way to go faster no the newest chassis.

This .1 and .2 a second lap time drop is a total myth and never proven. Until the RC mags start testing chassis on one track everytime with identical gear there is no way anyone can prove the next gen car is faster. Yes in some cases cars are faster but no one can tell me that the whole 10 car line up in the tamiya 415 family is progresivly faster by .2sec a lap.

I would suspect tracks such as the one at tamiya usa would have track records recorded? I would also suspect that each time the record is broken newer cells and motors are also onboard the new chassis.

Car of the month gets fustrating to shops that try to keep racers supplied with spares, the transition from T1 to T2 for my local shop was terrible, without warning the whole suspension system got changed now they have a wall of stock they will have to sit on and reduce to get rid of, as the racers moved on to the new cars... And now he has 2 walls of parts
<---Hack Racer here
Old 02-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Tamiya releases new cars every so often...

muahdib4- Xray doesn't work at fielding or buying drivers. Xray/RC America has a list a mile long of drivers who want to run the car. Is it faster? Is it better? Hard to argue against results...How many races did Paulie win before he ran the Xray? Didn't think so....while the driver does make a huge difference, so does the car.

Its all driver Homie... Love ya Bitter!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

At this point the only way to cap the manufacturers from putting out a new TC every year is to STOP BUYING THEM. Prices have gone through the roof for these things and its simply because the manufactures know they can charge what the market will sustain. Perfect example is the new TRF415 I picked up from Tamiya USA for $265. This was a $400+ car maybe 1.5-2yrs ago. It has all the bling and adjustments of any of the new TC's out, so why so cheep? I dont see any exporation dates on the side of the box forcing them to sell, Ya, its a few generations old for a 415, but the chassis materials, manufacturing, and R&D were the same back then when it was developed as with the newer cars. Maybe its because there are no marque names on it, I should have bought a few more of these and stuck my own name on these to try to resale at a premium cost.
I'm out of this loop now, tired of building kits, tired of the $$$ out of my wallet. At this point I want to see a Lipo chassis, that will be when real changes occur. Losi is the only one that I would consider lipo frendly with the centralized weight. mighy have to pick one up, if it ever gets released.....
Old 02-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

These threads make me LOL. If you're beating the guy who just upgraded from the T2 to the 007 WTF do you care? I've yet to meet a racer who thinks they're not winning the A main because they run the T2 and not the 007 or think they'll start winning the A main once they trade their old busted 007 for the new Mi3.

Unless you're running an old Pro3 or TC3 and trading the up to a 007 it is a vanity move. So this December when I trade my 007 for the new 008FK it's because I can afford to don't cry.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Lets just name this thread Me2'007 and close it. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Why buy a new car every year? Because 90% of the racers out there can afford it. Think about it, you can get a new racing chassis that will be competitive at a world level race right out of the box for about 1/1000 of the cost of a full size racing car that can compete at the same level. I think everyone is guilty of buying the newest stuff as soon as its out, whether its an Ipod, laptop, clothes, full size car parts, whatever. Some people just choose to make an RC their latest and greatest purchase.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbipro
At this point the only way to cap the manufacturers from putting out a new TC every year is to STOP BUYING THEM. Prices have gone through the roof for these things and its simply because the manufactures know they can charge what the market will sustain. Perfect example is the new TRF415 I picked up from Tamiya USA for $265. This was a $400+ car maybe 1.5-2yrs ago. It has all the bling and adjustments of any of the new TC's out, so why so cheep? I dont see any exporation dates on the side of the box forcing them to sell, Ya, its a few generations old for a 415, but the chassis materials, manufacturing, and R&D were the same back then when it was developed as with the newer cars. Maybe its because there are no marque names on it, I should have bought a few more of these and stuck my own name on these to try to resale at a premium cost.
I'm out of this loop now, tired of building kits, tired of the $$$ out of my wallet. At this point I want to see a Lipo chassis, that will be when real changes occur. Losi is the only one that I would consider lipo frendly with the centralized weight. mighy have to pick one up, if it ever gets released.....
I agree!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.