Search

keeping up with the Jones'

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Post If they did.....

Originally Posted by Boosta
Please do i'd hate for the guys at rolex to produce a s**t car with zero slop
you could bet it would be better quality than Xray.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

in all seriousness mabuchi when the car gets a bit of slop in it after a few runs from new the car should start handling a bit better and more consistantly. So go buy an Xray you'll love it!!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
you could bet it would be better quality than Xray.
yeah diamond encrusted top deck and all!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Post In all seriousness if Xray.....

Originally Posted by Boosta
in all seriousness mabuchi when the car gets a bit of slop in it after a few runs from new the car should start handling a bit better and more consistantly. So go buy an Xray you'll love it!!!!!
built a 10th off-road electric car 2 or 4wd I would have.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

looking in to this argument got me thinking.tiger woods used titleist clubs before moving to a none golf company at the time nike.it wasnt the quality of the clubs that made the discision for him it was the fact that he would be payed the largest contract $40 million ish for x amount of years.
he couldnt use the nike driver at all! (and still cant haha!)
but nike employed a top club designer to iron out the problems along with tigers knoeledge to make something that works
golf is a great comparison you only need to look at how titleist still dominate the tour in the ball rankings but they do have more players out on the tour using them.and more players using them means more feed back to the ball designers to give the players want they think is needed at the time of design
so xray may win.it may have the most cars running at events.
that could be seen as its not actually the best car.
but the larger the team xray have means the more feed back they will recieve from their team drivers to further the devolopment of there chassis.

i have no plans whatsoever to join the xray brigade.but i cant dowt them in their strategy to produce better cars for all levels of racers.

now that schumacher have released the mi13
its going to be interesting to see how the major companies react to this in form of new designs??

peaple will always like what they like.you have leaders who dominate and think for themselfs.then you have the sheep who follow who cant think for themselfs.

what are you?????
Old 02-13-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamButter
LMAO.. what an absolue waste of time....Way to change your response to serve your original comment.. You talk about the worlds and then you use Reedy results.... Sure you aren't a lawyer? LMAO!!
As for having people bow down to me....RC is a hobby for me not a job. I don't need people nor do I want people to bow down to me. Perhaps you view it as such because I happen to have an opinion just like you do. Except that you can say whatever you wan't and what I say is wrong because I am sponsored by Xray. This is a pointless topic and it is not only a dead horse it has already been to the glue factory more than once.

Have fun with your minis......

Sincerely,

Smug Xray Driver

P.S. Don't forget to bow....
You got one thing right...you're an absolute waste of time. I didn't change ANYTHING to serve my comments..I've stayed consistent in saying it's the driver not the chassis. Yep, you just pulled the same crap a few other sponsored drivers have tried...get into debate (arguement)...start losing to me...bring up fact that you're sponsored...throw out arbitrary wins off topic...in the end attack what I really enjoy racing. Again...because you're sponsored. It's all good though. I'm sure we'll just go at it again in another thread and you'll do the same thing again when someone doesn't bow before the glory (hole) that is XRay.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

you wait for the mi3 to see what happens

i reckon shed load of driver will go AE tc5 way
the name it`s self will sell the car AE

@Tim
give me your money instead of buying things
you need motor in the End
Old 02-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by muahdib4
You got one thing right...you're an absolute waste of time. I didn't change ANYTHING to serve my comments..I've stayed consistent in saying it's the driver not the chassis. Yep, you just pulled the same crap a few other sponsored drivers have tried...get into debate (arguement)...start losing to me...bring up fact that you're sponsored...throw out arbitrary wins off topic...in the end attack what I really enjoy racing. Again...because you're sponsored. It's all good though. I'm sure we'll just go at it again in another thread and you'll do the same thing again when someone doesn't bow before the glory (hole) that is XRay.
This is going to hurt

Don`t worry
soon as the out door season starts Xray will suffer again ,they are just carpet freaks ,not asphalt

If i had money i could buy a Team of really really good drivers up (Kerchang!)

then i`ll get results simple really apart from Bad luck there`s nothing to stop me
i can Buy the wins (buy the drivers support with enough of them to flood the field ,then my winning ticket will come in

in the end it is a hobby & loads & loads of racers will buy new cars what ever for a few reasons
1) they enjoy building cars & showing it off track side
2) they can afford to
3) they think they will go faster (New car syndrome)
4) coz it`s just been released
5) every one else has one
6) they deserve to splash out on one
7) there old car has worn out

8) fallen for the Must have it PR stunt

Disclaimer
if the sponsered guys get new car for free or next to nothing doesn`t mean it`s the best thing since sliced Bread ,means they have sold there soul to get free or cheap stuff

Mercenary`s springs to mind
Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well I would still like to be the fast Man.
A fast man once told me you know you've mad it to the top when few like you any more. I guess that's why birds of a feather flock together.
I can tell ya if I were a fast guy I would need a bodygaurd, CUZ I would be the fastest.
To bad you cant enjoy being at the top.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

i`ll be the fastest loser
does that count ,hard at the top
Old 02-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Lord

Only on the amount your payed.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Lord

There is one perk to being the slowest driver on the team.
You only have to drive when faster drivers are sick.
And you get to spend the rest of your time sweeping the designing room.
I would personally hate shinning everyones radios, but hey it beats having to win races.
OH thats not how you keep a sponsership. Its who you know.
Yeah those fast guys are making a fortune racing.
I wonder what the race results are on a payscale?
I mean the thread is already side railed.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Like many people has posted before people buy new kits because they can afford it. As for the X-ray bashers, why bash a company that wants to support racing and still manage to have a kit that is competitive in price?

I don't own an x-ray but I can appreciate thier efforts in having a nice race team which gives more feed back to R&D.

As for racing being all driver thats also bull. Last I checked every race team does off season testing on new products in R/C and full scale because having a good platform helps no matter how small the difference may be especially since all these worlds type driver are so equally talented.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Like many people has posted before people buy new kits because they can afford it. As for the X-ray bashers, why bash a company that wants to support racing and still manage to have a kit that is competitive in price?

I don't own an x-ray but I can appreciate thier efforts in having a nice race team which gives more feed back to R&D.

As for racing being all driver thats also bull. Last I checked every race team does off season testing on new products in R/C and full scale because having a good platform helps no matter how small the difference may be especially since all these worlds type driver are so equally talented.
So racing isn't all driver...hmmmm...so when a good driver racing an old TC3 beats a mediocre driver in the newest Xray T2'Bond edition...then that means the TC3 is a better chassis???? No. It's 99.9999999% driver. Chassis little to no difference to a Pro and even less to a novice.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Switch Blade
for the record I am not ripping on the 007. I owned one and I have to admit to this date it was the best car i had built. I had to do almost no hand fitting or anything. The only reason I gave it up was part support. I have the privilage of racing at the same track as paul and am good friends with him, but I cannot always go to him if I need parts. He has hooked me up in the past when I was broke and the shop didnt have what I needed, but I never wanted to take anything from him, even if he offered to.
So can I get those 2 hubs back?! LMAO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.