Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default supersport

I just read through the SS manual again, and noticed that Novak compared the specs to a "regular 10T".. On the paper the SS should be faster, but it is to be compared with a 19T?
You guys who are allready running the SS, what does it compare to on the track?
Old 03-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

in its restricted proflie its like a 12t, unlimited it would easily keep with 10t...

another great thing mash the throttle and all you get is smooth and super quick accleration... not a cog in sight!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ....no cogging!!!

Originally posted by contact
in its restricted proflie its like a 12t, unlimited it would easily keep with 10t...

another great thing mash the throttle and all you get is smooth and super quick accleration... not a cog in sight!
That's exactly what we want to hear about the Novak System. Can't imagine using Rx Battery pack just to stop the cogging...extra weight that would affect the balance etc. etc...

Contact, what car do you have it in right now? Still the yoke?

Anymore online shops that have them in stock right now?...tried Tower, Hobbypeople and Hobbyetc. but out of stock Again!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

strewth, ive had it less than a week!

give me a bit of time and ill get it into another car - probably my brothers tc3
Old 03-11-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

I don't know if people are still looking for the Novak system, but Jake has 4+ left in stock. www.JPHRacing.com give him a call or e-mail him. I think they are $229.99
Old 03-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

in its restricted proflie its like a 12t
I thought you used that profile in Stock class?
Does the motor/controller get hot when running it?
Just sent jphracing an e-mail
Old 03-12-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

yeah i did - thats why it blew them away! it runs like a 12 in the restricted 'sportsman' profile!

motor and batteries - it is safe to say little warmth - the batteries even "cool", esc warm (either restricted or unlimited) but a long long way from hot
Old 03-13-2003, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

I checked with our shop who carries Novak, and they said they would get the system next week some time.. Looking forward to it
Old 03-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Feedbacks - Anyone???

To all those who have the system already:

*how is it?
*what car do you have it in right now?
*how does it compare to a brushed setup (same car)...gearing etc.
*how much did you pay for it?

Black-Knight,
How did your 1/12 meet go with the BL
Old 03-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

ive shifted mine to an associated L10 - its geared to a potential 111km/h (75mph) im waiting for the seepd gun to arrive and we'll see how fast it goes on 6 cells!

i think its great...
Old 03-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default rccars.com

I checked the forum at rccars.com and a "RayJ1" there have been doing some testing with the system on track. The novak system was about 5 tenth`s slower per lap, than a well tuned 10T.. 3 tentsh faster than a stock motor. Read it for yousrself (it`s in the motorpart of the forum)
Old 03-17-2003, 02:45 AM
Tech Regular

Hello guys,

I have had my Novak system for a little more than a week now.

You have to know that I normally compete in a series only using 17 turn motors.
I however live close to a large track where we run on a regular basis using 12 turn motors.
So I know a little bit off the difference between the two.
The things I state are based on timing the cars with an Orion Pro Lap system so it should be correct.
I also tried all kinds off gearing.

Let me first say that the Novak system does not deliver the top end of a 12 turn motor. A 12 turn motor is still considerably faster than the novak system.
The Novak is more like a 17 turn motor, perhaps a bit faster but then you have to use very tall gearing, I'm talking gearing like
5.28 (which the manuel says you shouldn't do !).
I think at best it is comparable to a 16 turn motor, not lower.

My opinion is that it is intended for smaller tracks, where it will do a good job, maintenance free.

As to driving it, I think the biggest complement you can give is to say that it drives completely like a normal set up.
No cogging at all, smooth acceleration, it decelerates a little when you go of the throttle and it has good brakes (perhaps a little bit stronger brakes than normal but you can adjust in two steps).

Only thing left to try is running it with 7 cells which is allowed according to the instructions.
I will keep you informed.

Greetings,
Spiller
Old 03-17-2003, 02:56 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

I think I will wait until the pro system comes out.. Until then I might have to get a Lehner 1515/5 though
Old 03-17-2003, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Hello guys,

I however live close to a large track where we run on a regular basis using 12 turn motors.
The things I state are based on timing the cars with an Orion Pro Lap system so it should be correct.

Let me first say that the Novak system does not deliver the top end of a 12 turn motor. A 12 turn motor is still considerably faster than the novak system.
The Novak is more like a 17 turn motor, perhaps a bit faster but then you have to use very tall gearing, I'm talking gearing like

My opinion is that it is intended for smaller tracks, where it will do a good job, maintenance free.

As to driving it, I think the biggest complement you can give is to say that it drives completely like a normal set up.
No cogging at all, smooth acceleration, it decelerates a little when you go of the throttle and it has good brakes (perhaps a little bit stronger brakes than normal but you can adjust in two steps).

Only thing left to try is running it with 7 cells which is allowed according to the instructions.

Greetings,
Spiller
Old 03-17-2003, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

Hello guys,

Greetings,
Spiller

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.