Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Hi All,
The long awaited Novak Brushless System will be shipping out very soon!! and this thread has got to start sooner or later. Here are some pics from their website:

http://teamnovak.com/products/MOTOR/motorPics.htm

I know some of you fortunate few will be getting it sooner than the rest of us. Any feedback on installation, testing, setup tips etc. are all welcome.

...Was it worth the wait? Was it all that you expected it would be....... post away!!
Old 03-03-2003, 11:38 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Maybe they will send me one to test out and do a review on.

Wish I could afford one myself to test, but no can do at the moment. I have blown so much on R/C in the past six months it's ludicrous.

I do look forward to running a brushless system some time in the future, though. That and an E-Maxx are a match made in heaven...
Old 03-04-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Addict

Default Novak...

I love you man...
Old 03-04-2003, 01:18 AM
Tech Champion

I ve been running one for the past few weeks, last weekend we had a big meeting and i geared it very tall, i got some very impresive speed out of it. Not as fast as a Hacker 6 or 8 but it's not to be that fast is it...

This week i'm going to fit it into my Corally 1/12th car and see how it goes at our next 1/12 meet in two weeks. will be interesting.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ....dont see why not

Originally posted by futureal
Maybe they will send me one to test out and do a review on.

Wish I could afford one myself to test, but no can do at the moment. I have blown so much on R/C in the past six months it's ludicrous.

I do look forward to running a brushless system some time in the future, though. That and an E-Maxx are a match made in heaven...
Novak, hope you are listening.. Who better to have the system tested than the Man himself!!!

Futureal i'm sure if you contact them, they would concider it...
Old 03-04-2003, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by black-knight
I ve been running one for the past few weeks, last weekend we had a big meeting and i geared it very tall, i got some very impresive speed out of it. Not as fast as a Hacker 6 or 8 but it's not to be that fast is it...

This week i'm going to fit it into my Corally 1/12th car and see how it goes at our next 1/12 meet in two weeks. will be interesting.
Black-Knight, i've been visiting your OZ thread on BL Systems.. intersting.
How are they accepting the technology over there? i hear you have plans of holding an "All BL Nationals" this year, is it pushing through?
Keep us posted, thanx
Old 03-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Originally posted by glide 1
Hi All,
The long awaited Novak Brushless System will be shipping out very soon!! and this thread has got to start sooner or later. Here are some pics from their website:

http://teamnovak.com/products/MOTOR/motorPics.htm

I know some of you fortunate few will be getting it sooner than the rest of us. Any feedback on installation, testing, setup tips etc. are all welcome.

...Was it worth the wait? Was it all that you expected it would be....... post away!!
Glide1! Bay! Kumusta man diha
We recently participated in the Tamiya 4 hr Enduro and Novak had a huge presence there. They actually took the win and there motor showed that it is a very capable and efficient. comparable to a 19 turn as the pros put it.
Our team was running a Lehner Brushless Setup and the motor was very fast (too fast I say) but car was not at it's maximum potential. Considering we are just of the few non-pro drivers we did fine.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by glide 1
Black-Knight, i've been visiting your OZ thread on BL Systems.. intersting.
How are they accepting the technology over there? i hear you have plans of holding an "All BL Nationals" this year, is it pushing through?
Keep us posted, thanx
Lately we have been running BL (brushless) motors at quite a few of our tracks, we just mix them in with the normal mod class cars. For outright speed and in the right hands a 8x2 brushed motor is still hard to compete with, but it's marginal. We are not running BL to go faster we just want to be competitive and do this in a more efficient manner, $$$ and equipment wise.

Later this year in Australia we are having a Winter Nationals, currently it is proposed that BL will be included in with the mod class and BL setups will also be allowed in 1/12th scale (1/12th is making a bit of a come back over here )

Almost everyone i race with is keen to have a look at the BL setups available and most see a clear advantage in there use. Using BL motors really does lower the impact of batteries on our racing.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Originally posted by izzyracer
Glide1! Bay! Kumusta man diha
We recently participated in the Tamiya 4 hr Enduro and Novak had a huge presence there. They actually took the win and there motor showed that it is a very capable and efficient. comparable to a 19 turn as the pros put it.
Our team was running a Lehner Brushless Setup and the motor was very fast (too fast I say) but car was not at it's maximum potential. Considering we are just of the few non-pro drivers we did fine.
where can i view information about the Lehner Brushless Setup ??
Old 03-05-2003, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

They have some information at www.rumrunnerhobbies.com, and alot of people are using them at www.maxxtraxx.com in maxx trucks.
I`ve been using a Lehner 4200Basic motor/7018warrior esc in my touring car for a while. The motor isn`t that fast(compared to 12T), and the controller is a bit unstable(losing brakes/reverse). Other than that it works well
Old 03-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by miniman
They have some information at www.rumrunnerhobbies.com, and alot of people are using them at www.maxxtraxx.com in maxx trucks.
I`ve been using a Lehner 4200Basic motor/7018warrior esc in my touring car for a while. The motor isn`t that fast(compared to 12T), and the controller is a bit unstable(losing brakes/reverse). Other than that it works well
\
Black-knight: Miniman is right rumrunner is your best bet here in the U.S.

Miniman: I have a 5300 Lehner with the same ESC. Do you experience cogging (jerky movement) from a dead stop? I have to run a separate battery receiver or else it would even hardly move from a stand still. I spoke with rumrunner and they instructed me to use the batt. receiver. This car has a lot of power and top speed and I already tried gearing highs and lows. As long as it is at a rolling state, it's fine. Sometimes, when I start decelerating it will unexpectedly brake by itself quickly, it feels like a glitch.
A friend of mine also has a lehner 5300 and a Schultz ESC and it's smooth as hickory.
Any comments is appreciated.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Default Izzyracer...

which pro said it was like a 19 spec motor? If so, it does have a profile for a spec class, unlike any other brushless speed control. Maybe they were using the spec mode? Most say its closer to a 10 or 12 turn brushed motor. NOVAK's 1st place team, they were not pros. Check out Novaks website.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Even though it is difficult to compare brushed and bl motors (apples and oranges), I would assume that the power of the Novak system is somewhere between a 13-17T in terms of how it feels in the car. One of the biggest things you'll notice when you first drive it is how smooth the throttle is and how far the car coasts (helps the car carry a little more corner speed). Keep in mind that this is the Super Sport system and cannot really compete against low wind mod motors (Mark Pavidas made us look silly last night with his mod) The guys at Novak have done an excellent job and I would like to thank Bob, Tyree, Adnan, and the multitude of others who made this happen. It is well worth the wait.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Izzyracer...

Originally posted by Nightbreed
which pro said it was like a 19 spec motor? If so, it does have a profile for a spec class, unlike any other brushless speed control. Maybe they were using the spec mode? Most say its closer to a 10 or 12 turn brushed motor. NOVAK's 1st place team, they were not pros. Check out Novaks website.
Fred of Tamiya got the info directly from Tyree P of Novak. That's why they are considered as sport models and they will be coming out with competition models soon. the super sport has 47000+ maximum RPM at 7.2 volts and I am not to sure right now how many RPM's modified and spec motors pull at that rate.
When I say Pros, I mean people who have direct access for free parts and equipment from manufacturers and have at least above average driving experience.
Not only the once who you know in then Magazines.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default I have to disagee with how you used "Pro"

I mean, I have15 years of driving expirence, and I would say I am a above average driver and a semi racer. The things I can do street bashing would perhaps make me a "Pro", but I am a very average racer. I would consider myself a above average driver, but I would not even consider myself a "Pro" or near a pro's level. Big difference if you ask me.

Just because they are sponsored, I would not even consider them a "Pro" level driver. I worked for Hobby Town for some time. Some hobby shops may sponsor their employees on occasion. Novak's team I would not even consider a Pro level team. No punt intended guys. Perhaps a well thought out and lanned team. Not to mention a flawless product. By an inch, or a mile, a win, is STILL a win. I do hope Novak is working on their "Pro" level brushless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.