Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by MikeR
The servo is short (Futaba 9550). Same model that Surikarn used to win the worlds.
Hey MikeR,

Just want to say good run last Sunday. Mike's been on fire outdoor racing 19T with the fish.

You plan on trying out SoCal again anytime soon Mike? I'll be there again this Sat., and I need a couple more fish out there in the concrete bull ring (OKay, I'll stop with the animal analogy now...lol)

Steve Wang
Old 03-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Cuda update

Well, the points season ended last thursday at the local track in Rochester. Il....allensrccars.com... and I managed to put the R2 third in the points race for the season.
I managed to finish in the A main better part of the season.
The first and second place guys are the racers who drive and tune the best and pretty much trade first and second back and forth on a weekly basis....and are running brushless systems
Between myself and another racer we are the fastest brushed motor guys.
The car just seemed to get faster as I edged in on a really good setup for the car and I think I have hit upon one of the better setups yet.

Jim Crider

Team Crider Racingallensrccars.com
Old 03-18-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys,

What servo savers are you finding good enough to fit with the Barracuda R3s?

Regards,
Mark from MALTA
Old 03-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks Steve

No, no Socal for me. "She" doesn't like it when I race on Saturday nights

Looks like you are totally strapped at Socal and that the 'Cuda is tearing it up all over the nation.

Happy 'fishing'!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

ey guys!! i'm just wondering... what is the main difference between the r2 and r3? i'm from the philippines, and the r3 will be here in a couple if weeks. i'm thinking of getting the r3 since i loved driving the r2 of my friend. i know you guys ar speedtech would know... thanks!!!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by briangomez931
ey guys!! i'm just wondering... what is the main difference between the r2 and r3? i'm from the philippines, and the r3 will be here in a couple if weeks. i'm thinking of getting the r3 since i loved driving the r2 of my friend. i know you guys ar speedtech would know... thanks!!!
for a couple of lumpias I will tell you the difference...

the R3 is the one the get... unlike the R2... you won't have to buy the PAL drivesystem... R3 has updated bulkheads. R3 & R2 still share alot of common parts like arms hubs etc....
Old 03-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by briangomez931
The R3 has revised rear hub carriers so the rear drive shafts are more parallel when you set your ride height. The bulkheads are revised so you don't need the spacers for the shock tower. The biggest change is the pal style motor mount and the sparkly carbon fiber.

If you can get an R2 for cheap i'd do that and get some hopups but if you're buying new, definately go for the R3.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

cool!! i have a friend selling his r2 with speedway pal hop ups... las question, is the main chasis thicker? like 3mm in the r3? that's what i heard
Old 03-18-2004, 01:39 PM
TC3
Tech Regular

how much rebound are u using on the r2 shocks?
Old 03-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

DHIRacing.com

Mark,

I recieved the prices of the new stock for the R2 & R3 Parts Excellent prices

Can you give me your e-mail address to send my order plz?

Karl
Old 03-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Cuda update

Originally posted by JIMC
Well, the points season ended last thursday at the local track in Rochester. Il....allensrccars.com... and I managed to put the R2 third in the points race for the season.
I managed to finish in the A main better part of the season.
The first and second place guys are the racers who drive and tune the best and pretty much trade first and second back and forth on a weekly basis....and are running brushless systems
Between myself and another racer we are the fastest brushed motor guys.
The car just seemed to get faster as I edged in on a really good setup for the car and I think I have hit upon one of the better setups yet.

Jim Crider

Team Crider Racingallensrccars.com
Good job Jim nice to see the car is working well for you.

Steve Wang
Old 03-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Just some more technical info on the Xenon axles. I weigh the stock axles, and they are about 18g (1 pair, 2 pieces) and I weigh a pair of the xenon axles, and they are about 9g. So you save about 9 g with the Xenon axles, and when you do front and rear, you save about 18g. So our original assumption of the Xenon axles being about half the weight was spot on

Steve Wang
Old 03-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

How are you guys setting the front droop? I've been using limiters in the shocks but i'm going to start using the screws as they're intended. The front arms are more or less parallel at full shock extension whereas the rears can touch the chassis.

How should I go about setting the droop equally front to rear?
Old 03-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
How are you guys setting the front droop? I've been using limiters in the shocks but i'm going to start using the screws as they're intended. The front arms are more or less parallel at full shock extension whereas the rears can touch the chassis.

How should I go about setting the droop equally front to rear?
Whoaah! You like a lot of steering? Have you noticed when you run the droop in that fashion you have less on power traction and maybe too much off power steering? The reason is is that your droop setting lets the car dive forward off power resulting in oversteer while getting on the throttle the weight can not shift back resulting in looseness.
My cars rear has about 1.5mm of tire down travel while the front has 3mm so basically the opposite of yours. This set up prevents the weight from shifting forward but will allow it to shift back. An extra benifit is this allows me to not to have to use overly firm front shocks and that way when I nick a dot the car doesn't flip
To test your down travel have your car race ready on a flat table. Measure the rear ride height. Now lift up and remeasure the chassis at the point the tires lift off the table. Repeat for the front.

Happy racin'
Old 03-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MikeR
Whoaah! You like a lot of steering? Have you noticed when you run the droop in that fashion you have less on power traction and maybe too much off power steering? The reason is is that your droop setting lets the car dive forward off power resulting in oversteer while getting on the throttle the weight can not shift back resulting in looseness.
My cars rear has about 1.5mm of tire down travel while the front has 3mm so basically the opposite of yours. This set up prevents the weight from shifting forward but will allow it to shift back. An extra benifit is this allows me to not to have to use overly firm front shocks and that way when I nick a dot the car doesn't flip
To test your down travel have your car race ready on a flat table. Measure the rear ride height. Now lift up and remeasure the chassis at the point the tires lift off the table. Repeat for the front.

Happy racin'
Thanks for the info. The front arms on my car do not have enough travel to touch the chassis... the chubs limit this. This is why i need to know if this is normal or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.