R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2004, 11:18 PM   #10246
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
The servo is short (Futaba 9550). Same model that Surikarn used to win the worlds.
Hey MikeR,

Just want to say good run last Sunday. Mike's been on fire outdoor racing 19T with the fish.

You plan on trying out SoCal again anytime soon Mike? I'll be there again this Sat., and I need a couple more fish out there in the concrete bull ring (OKay, I'll stop with the animal analogy now...lol)

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:35 PM   #10247
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Springfield, Illinois
Posts: 129
Default Cuda update

Well, the points season ended last thursday at the local track in Rochester. Il....allensrccars.com... and I managed to put the R2 third in the points race for the season.
I managed to finish in the A main better part of the season.
The first and second place guys are the racers who drive and tune the best and pretty much trade first and second back and forth on a weekly basis....and are running brushless systems
Between myself and another racer we are the fastest brushed motor guys.
The car just seemed to get faster as I edged in on a really good setup for the car and I think I have hit upon one of the better setups yet.

Jim Crider

Team Crider Racingallensrccars.com
JIMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:13 AM   #10248
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Malta
Posts: 267
Default

Hi Guys,

What servo savers are you finding good enough to fit with the Barracuda R3s?

Regards,
Mark from MALTA
dhiracing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #10249
Tech Champion
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,044
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Steve

No, no Socal for me. "She" doesn't like it when I race on Saturday nights

Looks like you are totally strapped at Socal and that the 'Cuda is tearing it up all over the nation.

Happy 'fishing'!
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆TEKNO☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:11 PM   #10250
Tech Regular
 
briangomez931's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: .......
Posts: 391
Send a message via Yahoo to briangomez931
Default

ey guys!! i'm just wondering... what is the main difference between the r2 and r3? i'm from the philippines, and the r3 will be here in a couple if weeks. i'm thinking of getting the r3 since i loved driving the r2 of my friend. i know you guys ar speedtech would know... thanks!!!
briangomez931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:15 PM   #10251
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by briangomez931
ey guys!! i'm just wondering... what is the main difference between the r2 and r3? i'm from the philippines, and the r3 will be here in a couple if weeks. i'm thinking of getting the r3 since i loved driving the r2 of my friend. i know you guys ar speedtech would know... thanks!!!
for a couple of lumpias I will tell you the difference...

the R3 is the one the get... unlike the R2... you won't have to buy the PAL drivesystem... R3 has updated bulkheads. R3 & R2 still share alot of common parts like arms hubs etc....
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:21 PM   #10252
Tech Elite
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by briangomez931
ey guys!! i'm just wondering... what is the main difference between the r2 and r3? i'm from the philippines, and the r3 will be here in a couple if weeks. i'm thinking of getting the r3 since i loved driving the r2 of my friend. i know you guys ar speedtech would know... thanks!!!
The R3 has revised rear hub carriers so the rear drive shafts are more parallel when you set your ride height. The bulkheads are revised so you don't need the spacers for the shock tower. The biggest change is the pal style motor mount and the sparkly carbon fiber.

If you can get an R2 for cheap i'd do that and get some hopups but if you're buying new, definately go for the R3.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:28 PM   #10253
Tech Regular
 
briangomez931's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: .......
Posts: 391
Send a message via Yahoo to briangomez931
Default

cool!! i have a friend selling his r2 with speedway pal hop ups... las question, is the main chasis thicker? like 3mm in the r3? that's what i heard
briangomez931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:39 PM   #10254
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
how much rebound are u using on the r2 shocks?
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:39 PM   #10255
Tech Regular
 
Mr. MR4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Malta, EU
Posts: 297
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

DHIRacing.com

Mark,

I recieved the prices of the new stock for the R2 & R3 Parts Excellent prices

Can you give me your e-mail address to send my order plz?


Karl
Mr. MR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 03:10 PM   #10256
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Cuda update

Quote:
Originally posted by JIMC
Well, the points season ended last thursday at the local track in Rochester. Il....allensrccars.com... and I managed to put the R2 third in the points race for the season.
I managed to finish in the A main better part of the season.
The first and second place guys are the racers who drive and tune the best and pretty much trade first and second back and forth on a weekly basis....and are running brushless systems
Between myself and another racer we are the fastest brushed motor guys.
The car just seemed to get faster as I edged in on a really good setup for the car and I think I have hit upon one of the better setups yet.

Jim Crider

Team Crider Racingallensrccars.com
Good job Jim nice to see the car is working well for you.

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 03:13 PM   #10257
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

Just some more technical info on the Xenon axles. I weigh the stock axles, and they are about 18g (1 pair, 2 pieces) and I weigh a pair of the xenon axles, and they are about 9g. So you save about 9 g with the Xenon axles, and when you do front and rear, you save about 18g. So our original assumption of the Xenon axles being about half the weight was spot on

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:43 PM   #10258
Tech Elite
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

How are you guys setting the front droop? I've been using limiters in the shocks but i'm going to start using the screws as they're intended. The front arms are more or less parallel at full shock extension whereas the rears can touch the chassis.

How should I go about setting the droop equally front to rear?
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:34 PM   #10259
Tech Champion
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,044
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
How are you guys setting the front droop? I've been using limiters in the shocks but i'm going to start using the screws as they're intended. The front arms are more or less parallel at full shock extension whereas the rears can touch the chassis.

How should I go about setting the droop equally front to rear?
Whoaah! You like a lot of steering? Have you noticed when you run the droop in that fashion you have less on power traction and maybe too much off power steering? The reason is is that your droop setting lets the car dive forward off power resulting in oversteer while getting on the throttle the weight can not shift back resulting in looseness.
My cars rear has about 1.5mm of tire down travel while the front has 3mm so basically the opposite of yours. This set up prevents the weight from shifting forward but will allow it to shift back. An extra benifit is this allows me to not to have to use overly firm front shocks and that way when I nick a dot the car doesn't flip
To test your down travel have your car race ready on a flat table. Measure the rear ride height. Now lift up and remeasure the chassis at the point the tires lift off the table. Repeat for the front.

Happy racin'
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆TEKNO☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:37 PM   #10260
Tech Elite
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Whoaah! You like a lot of steering? Have you noticed when you run the droop in that fashion you have less on power traction and maybe too much off power steering? The reason is is that your droop setting lets the car dive forward off power resulting in oversteer while getting on the throttle the weight can not shift back resulting in looseness.
My cars rear has about 1.5mm of tire down travel while the front has 3mm so basically the opposite of yours. This set up prevents the weight from shifting forward but will allow it to shift back. An extra benifit is this allows me to not to have to use overly firm front shocks and that way when I nick a dot the car doesn't flip
To test your down travel have your car race ready on a flat table. Measure the rear ride height. Now lift up and remeasure the chassis at the point the tires lift off the table. Repeat for the front.

Happy racin'
Thanks for the info. The front arms on my car do not have enough travel to touch the chassis... the chubs limit this. This is why i need to know if this is normal or not.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net