Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Actually, if you have the stock hub (which are 2 deg.) and you flip them left and right, you'll have zero rear toe, since the arms have 2 deg. built in, putting the rear hub on the opposite side will cancel out the 2 deg.

Steve Wang
Well if you have the one degree hub you can get either 3 degree og 1 degree rear toe if you set them in normally or swap them left to right .. I don't know how much the 6.8mm nit balls give regarding toe but I think you should be able to get anywhere from 0 to 5 degree rear toe in ½ - 1 degree steps if you also have the and the org. 2 degree hub

Now how do you set the kick up and how do you controll it on the Cuda ? anyone

Regards
Harvy Wallbanger
Old 03-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't been on here much (nice to see more Cuda folks on here though ) Finally got a chance to race this past weekend, and actually qualified not too bad in 19T (4th, not bad considering the first three guys were sponsored X-ray and Yokomo folks ) I even had a pretty good run in the A-main (battling for second for 8-10 laps) until I messed up, not once, but twice launching on a dot. Oh well, I'll chalk that one up to rusty and not running for about 3 weeks. I also discovered a missing king pin screw on one of the front hubs, which can explain the slightly off on the steering trim at the beginning of the race. Not too bad, I'm happy with the result

I did discover a couple of things over the weekend:

* The new A6313 R3 rear hubs are a significant improvement in handling and acceleration. R2 owners should think about this small change. The R3 rear hubs have a lower roll center, and this well make the rear universals perfectly level and parrallel with the arms at ride height level. Which makes the car accelerates faster, and the rear feels more predictable and rolls around the turns better. Once installing this rear hub, you'll have to check the rear ride height again, as it will be drastically different. I should have more of these hub in end of this week (we're currently out I believe)

* Sway bars works really good on the Barracudas especially on high bite track. With this car you can really tell the effect of sway bars. Without the bars, the car is very forgiving (almost lazy feeling, which can be good for some conditions) but with the sway bar one, the car becomes very crisp in handling and transistion very well.

* upper shock position was the big thing I learn this weekend (with the help of my buddy MDawson who is also on R/C Tech) Laying down the front shocks gained a smoother steering feel to the front and it really helped the car initiate the turn better.

* also tried out the new HPI Aero 2 stratus body. Very nice and neutral body. Good tight exiting corner ability, a slight push going into the turn though. I normally race at SoCal which is a very tight indoor track, so the Alfa Romeo is my favorite on that track. I still haven't figure out the Mazda 6 on that track, and the HPI Aero 2 I think should be a pretty good body on a larger track with medium-low traction

That's all I have to share from this weekend of racing, hope this might be some useful info for some of you

Steve Wang
Old 03-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by stjerno
Well if you have the one degree hub you can get either 3 degree og 1 degree rear toe if you set them in normally or swap them left to right .. I don't know how much the 6.8mm nit balls give regarding toe but I think you should be able to get anywhere from 0 to 5 degree rear toe in ½ - 1 degree steps if you also have the and the org. 2 degree hub

Now how do you set the kick up and how do you controll it on the Cuda ? anyone

Regards
Harvy Wallbanger
Hi Harvy,

Kick up like most cars out there today are controlled by how many shims you put underneath the ball stud suspension arm mount. Alex Racing sell this shim kit (A6511) with various thickness shims to adjust kick up

Steve Wang
Old 03-15-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for sharing Steve.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Glad to see the results are coming in good for the Cuda runners
This could be the start of a big year for the car, universal recognition and all that. Just need Alex Racing to sign up a big name to win the worlds.....simple really

If only. Keep up the good work and a big welcome aboard to all the new Cuda runners, heck theres even a few in good old blighty at last!!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:55 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks Steve
I did switch the right and left rear hub and give me 0 degree and the camber link is very close to my tamiya shock and I think is might rub together and I didn't like it..I'm running blue xennon rear hub.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:58 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

It is there any different between R2 and R3 rear hub?
Old 03-15-2004, 08:59 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

I know my xennon blue rear hub is set up for very low roll center camber mount
Yes that Steve is right about the sway bar ,they do works really well and I used them too
Old 03-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by OVA
It is there any different between R2 and R3 rear hub?
Steve noted:

* The new A6313 R3 rear hubs are a significant improvement in handling and acceleration. R2 owners should think about this small change. The R3 rear hubs have a lower roll center, and this well make the rear universals perfectly level and parrallel with the arms at ride height level. Which makes the car accelerates faster, and the rear feels more predictable and rolls around the turns better. Once installing this rear hub, you'll have to check the rear ride height again, as it will be drastically different. I should have more of these hub in end of this week (we're currently out I believe)
Old 03-15-2004, 09:03 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

My blue xennon rear hub is parrallel level with my ride height
Old 03-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Would just be nice if it was easier to get hold of the cars and spares now!!!

Think i got 2 cars coming from rc mushroom (hopefully,i'm still waiting for a confirmation mail saying they been sent)

But where can i get a DIFF,ROLL BARS AND THE ALLOY C-HUBS AND FRONT KNUCKLE ARMS ???

No where seems to have any stock, to be frank it took me all day to find some where that i could place an order for the 2 cars and not be told there was insufficient stock !!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Steve at SPEEDTECH. He's a great guy and very fast delivery. He has EVERYTHING or can atleast get everything for the R2/R3.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Thanks NismoSkyline17

I use speedtech quiet alot and know Steve to be a great guy.But they don't have any R3's in stock, also have you seen how many parts are also out of stock at the moment ???

I'm not sure who's fault it is that everything is so hard to come by at the moment ALEX RACING'S i'd guess as it's the same story it seems at all the online model shops!!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

I think he has a shipment coming this week. You're right about parts though; they do seem to be hard to get right now.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thats cuz i break all my spares and order new ones next day air

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.