Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 07:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
NOt yet Bro..maybe monday

I have to take a day of from R/C today..I had the worst time at the Race last night I got hammered out so many times it wasn`t even funny..! ....at least the Cuda held up I was able to qualify for top spot in the"B" Main..but I was .5 faster al lap than anyone else in the B main...so with them knowing that I had 8 people taking cheap shots at me in the start of the race and then coming out on the main straight...
SO I ended up in 5th after being 4 laps down from having my body fixed and having thr barracuda do cartwheels down the track 3 times I swear to GOd the Next A$$Clown that trys to take me out...it`s battle royal

anywasy..break time for me today

-Dave
Just remember, their car will break long before the R2 will Aim for the rear hubs on most cars, that'll make it quick work for you
Old 08-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
NOt yet Bro..maybe monday

I have to take a day of from R/C today..I had the worst time at the Race last night I got hammered out so many times it wasn`t even funny..! ....at least the Cuda held up I was able to qualify for top spot in the"B" Main..but I was .5 faster al lap than anyone else in the B main...so with them knowing that I had 8 people taking cheap shots at me in the start of the race and then coming out on the main straight...
SO I ended up in 5th after being 4 laps down from having my body fixed and having thr barracuda do cartwheels down the track 3 times I swear to GOd the Next A$$Clown that trys to take me out...it`s battle royal

anywasy..break time for me today

-Dave
ok bro let me know those guys in j land ganging up on you are they you might need to make you a mad maxx body and put on that cuda
Old 08-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Dave, surely you can find something on your ship to deter those guys from getting near your car
If not just hang back at the start of the race then you can move up the field taking them out from behind one at a time, makes things much easier as you leave room behind you whilst they recover so you can work on the next guy until you're in the lead
I do try to race cleanly, honest

I hope you didn't try a fast motor whilst trying to get tyres that work on the flight deck, just imagine you loosing control and the car going straight off the run way

yes it's late here, I'm barely able to read the moniter but it's still too hot and I'm feeling crappy (middle of a heatwave getting close to record temps for the UK )
Old 08-09-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

on a R2, how thick is the main lower chassis?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-09-2003, 08:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by racer
on a R2, how thick is the main lower chassis?

Thanks in advance!
All the carbon fiber parts are 2.5mm
Old 08-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
All the carbon fiber parts are 2.5mm
2.6mm to be exact

also the Shock towers are 2.8mm

-Dave
Old 08-10-2003, 08:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I just measured the chassis on my web special, and it's 2.5. I was wrong on the shock towers though..
Old 08-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Huh? Hmm, I thought the Web Edition would be a bit thicker. I guess i never took the time to measure mine. Doesnt make too much difference when its sitting on a "trophy stand"
Old 08-10-2003, 10:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I think PAL will be releasing a 3mm chassis for the Web Special, but I havent heard anything new on that...
Old 08-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Randman
I think PAL will be releasing a 3mm chassis for the Web Special, but I havent heard anything new on that...
Cool! I hope to be kept inform when the 3mm PAL chassis is available for the Web. I'd like to have one on spare, eventhough the Web's 2.6mm is good enough. Never know when the thicker ones will be needed.

Dan
Old 08-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

hey maj teeth and rc zombies did your xray battery strap fit ok on the cuda? Just wondering beacause the stopck abttery strap isnt really an option for me now and straping tape looks so unprofesional i think
Old 08-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by John_S
hey maj teeth and rc zombies did your xray battery strap fit ok on the cuda? Just wondering beacause the stopck abttery strap isnt really an option for me now and straping tape looks so unprofesional i think
I didn't get a chance to try because I thought I had a set of 6 cell battery straps but ended up can't finding it.

I might try the yokomo battery post.

Dan
Old 08-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

ok, i just like the look of the 6 cell brace because of the captive nuts and all
Old 08-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by John_S
ok, i just like the look of the 6 cell brace because of the captive nuts and all
been there, tried that, doesn't fit....But the Tamiya strapping tape does a nicer job anyway
Old 08-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

ok thanks for the info do you ahev an item number for the straping tape? please and thankyou

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.