Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

All the drivers at the club say to use Greens and Blues for foams, with the harder of the two up front (green I think)
I'm currently using the kit springs on the rear and one grade harder up front, which are the hardest I have. They're very close to the Rayspeed reds and whites I think. I may try the rayspeeds next week, go for the harder two grades. They tend to use Trinity traction compound, all over on the rears and on the inside half of the fronts. Another thing for me to buy

The track isn't big but it's certainly not small, just a bit narrower than most tracks I've been to. They gear Monster stocks around 7.5 there, I ended up at 7.3 after trying 7.6 and finding it a little slow.
I don't think grip is particularly high, no people grip rolling any way and the carpet is quite old and dirty. There are a few bumps too, they held a 12th scale national race there a while ago and the 12th scale guys did complain a bit.

I'm using my MG shell still, although it got a nasty crack up the front bumper last night, after my first qualifier was plagued with interference. The car would keep going straight on in the middle of an S bend at high speed, not nice seeing your car going bang into a solid track barrier at high speed I ended up moving my transponder away from being on top of the servo, I think it's been making me prone to getting glitches for a while now. I also changed crystals to make sure and everything was fine for the rest of the night.
I could really do with a nice Alfa 2.0..........
Old 07-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

for carpet i would either use a stratus 2 a stratus aero 2 or a vectra or possibly the original alpha from protoform they seem to carry the best speed and have the least wing which is good for carpet
Old 07-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Default First race

I just had my first full race with my R2. Did real well. Placed 4th in the A main. (would have been higher if I didn't hit the spun out car in the key hole) Did that well with a busted front shock tower. Fixed it after practice with some CA and fiberglass tape. Car felt awesome first time out. Made a slight setup change to stop the car from pushing and now its on rails. Can't wait now to get the new SWP hub set.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: First race

Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
I just had my first full race with my R2. Did real well. Placed 4th in the A main. Car felt awesome first time out. Made a slight setup change to stop the car from pushing and now its on rails. Can't wait now to get the new SWP hub set.
Congrats

If you get the PAL hubs ..... Your going to love them ... One of the Best changes you can make for better handleing
-Dave
Old 07-12-2004, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tamiya TRF Shocks

I used the TRF shocks on an open, hi traction, tarmac track. Out doors, so it was coldish with occasional light showers, (but hey, we are in summer afterall!! )
I settled on running Associated springs....Gold up front and Blue on the rear, I tried the IRS Opaque springs up front and although the car would roll through the higher speed corners better, it suffered from a touch on understeer through the chicane and the one slow corner.
I had the three hole piston all round with 45 wt oil front and back.

Most people were impressed with the handling of my car and liked the raid direction cahnges the set up allowed.

If only I hadnt set drag brake to "ON" on the speedo, who knows

Gaz
Old 07-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Tamiya TRF Shocks

Originally posted by Gazza_D
I used the TRF shocks on an open, hi traction, tarmac track. Out doors, so it was coldish with occasional light showers, (but hey, we are in summer afterall!! )
I settled on running Associated springs....Gold up front and Blue on the rear, I tried the IRS Opaque springs up front and although the car would roll through the higher speed corners better, it suffered from a touch on understeer through the chicane and the one slow corner.
I had the three hole piston all round with 45 wt oil front and back.

Most people were impressed with the handling of my car and liked the raid direction cahnges the set up allowed.

If only I hadnt set drag brake to "ON" on the speedo, who knows

Gaz
Sounds like you had some luck with the TRF Dampers there Gaz..
and you were using the Ol` faithful spring set up to...AEGOLD & BLUE..those springs are like the fail safe ones for most asphalt surfaces

-Dave
Old 07-13-2004, 12:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Merciless
Sorry Dave, You have a PM
PM set your way...
BTW you should have something today
Old 07-13-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Old faithfuls...yes....but a good starting point all the same

I will be trying them out again this weekend at WLRC, so will report back how they went
Old 07-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
PM set your way...
you have a reply
Old 07-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
PM set your way...
I wish I had something too, but so far all I've got in the last couple of days is a rotten flu
Old 07-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
I wish I had something too, but so far all I've got in the last couple of days is a rotten flu
Hope you get better Pete
Old 07-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

got the package dave
i will get to work
Old 07-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by protc3
got the package dave
i will get to work
Woo Hoo ..I"ll be getting in touch with you soon then

-Dave
Old 07-14-2004, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Got a package too, this morning
Cheers Dave, or is it Dragon Paints
Old 07-14-2004, 01:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
Got a package too, this morning
Cheers Dave, or is it Dragon Paint
So how do you like my Paint jobs... I told you I would hook you up ..now start practicing with that Airbrush now
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.