Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Gazza_D
So are you going to be around for the worlds Dave???? We are planning on making the trip over...although i'm not that enthusiastic about running 1/12th. Id rather just go watch and catch up with a few folks and inhale some beer

I do hope to catch up with a few of you guys off the forum if you are heading on down there too

Any news on that pidgeon I sent your direction??????

Gaz
World for me No way I just got back off vaccation

as far as the pidgeon goes...nothing yet..but I have a Nice set of Sweet Oranges waiting for you
-Dave
Old 07-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Merciless
DAVE
sent a PM your way
Back to ya
Old 07-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Cool.......Orange sounds just fine, far better than the Orange / Red combo of the moment
Old 07-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Cool.......Orange sounds just fine, far better than the Orange / Red combo of the moment
DOH that sucks... Function over fashion....when ever possible
Old 07-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

I have only 2 words to say........needs must!!!!!

Nobody noticed, believe it or not!?!?!?

still looks better than 27 shades of blue on a tc3

Tried Tamiya shocks last weekend...very good and so smooth. Could run a little heavier oil too. Made the car transition and change direction very quickly

I certainly didnt have problems through the infield anyway......just the small problem of selecting drag brake on the speedo. At least I found my faux pas just before the final.... made quite a difference for the finals what a nugget!!!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Still looks better than 27 shades of blue on a tc3

Yep.... I know what your talkiing about Tamiya Blue colored Dog bones.....ALEX Blue Colored center shaft ect ect ect... Ha

Tried Tamiya shocks last weekend...very good and so smooth. Could run a little heavier oil too. Made the car transition and change direction very quickly

What springs did you run I tried the Tamiya ones about a Year ago on oone of my Cudas and I could never get it to feel right agaiin ....
What weight oil and springs did you use..?
-Dave
Old 07-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Dave any luck on the radio yet?

EA
Old 07-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Dave any luck on the radio yet?

EA
PM Sent to ya..
Old 07-09-2004, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

I got a PM too, I must be "special"

I agree on the anodizing, a friends RC Lab has some weird colours on it, one looked like light purple yet it was all supposed to be blue Other bits were exactly the same as Cuda blue though
I think if I get the chance, I'll change my Cuda to Gold, either that or the brightest red I can find
Old 07-09-2004, 05:33 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Herminator

I think if I get the chance, I'll change my Cuda to Gold, either that or the brightest red I can find
bright red is a good idea..
i also like tamiya blue !

@dave, what did u do to ur cuda shocks, so that they work smooth?
i removed one o-ring, and use hpi teflon pistons, and tamiya bladders. now they are smooth, but i still think about getting tamiya shocks.
will the cuda springs fit the trf shocks ?
Old 07-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
I got a PM too, I must be "special"

Yes Pete you are "SPECIAL" in every way
Old 07-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TC3
bright red is a good idea..
i also like tamiya blue !

@dave, what did u do to ur cuda shocks, so that they work smooth?
i removed one o-ring, and use hpi teflon pistons, and tamiya bladders. now they are smooth, but i still think about getting tamiya shocks.
will the cuda springs fit the trf shocks ?
I keep both O-rings in the shocks along with the teflon spacer...but I use KOSE 45 deg O-rings(Blue color) they seem to allow the shock shaft to move a bit more freely than the clear ones that come with the kit..
and the HPI teflon pistions work good too..

I tried the TRF Dampers about a year ago... they are a really good Shock.. but I could never get them to work right with my set ups you might have a bit better luck than me
But as far as springs go... you could use the ALEX springs on the TRF shocks but they would be a little big..

I mostly use the AE springs with the Tamiya Dampers.
-Dave
Old 07-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Used my Cuda again tonight.........For the second time only and the first in like 9weeks ( for the wait) with the preformance......

Battery layout as i've posted pic's (5 and 1) seems very balanced,The modded hubs seemed ok and held up well with no breakages

The front camber linkage is alittle to angled though giving me alittle less aggresive a car than i like.......

the rear was pretty good though with it only occasionally stepping out on the corner at the end of the main straight if i lifted off the gas to much as i threw it in to a tight 120deg bend

I think the addition of anti roll bars for next week and possibly changing the front springs for a slightly softer one but with the shocks in a more up right postion will help on both counts

I had 1 MAJOR problem though my SPEEDWAY PAL steering rack has started to bind !!!!

It has worn the anodising off part of it where it's rubbing and from time to time will lock solid. At the end of my second heat i had lost all steering as it just jammed solid!?!?!?!?!?

I did get it working again by stripping it and greasing with teflon grease for the third heat but even then i felt it was jamming slightly now and again as my car steered wide on the occasional corner for no reason......

Overal i did manage a 2nd placing but to be fair the meeting was missing a number of racers, but only really 1 that would have beat me . I managed a win in one of the heats infront of the guy that won overal and as russ is a good friend when he said if it wasn't for my steering problem he'd have never have caught me it did feel kinda good

Anyone else had any problems with the rack ???

I think if i could replace the steel washers with teflon/plastic ones it'd be sorted

anyway for the first outing in quite awhile i was happy!! i will probably try a washer under the front rear wishbone mountings too, to give me ........ now is it called pro squat ?? anyway it will give me less front caster for sure and a more aggressive front end too .... all good
Old 07-09-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Merciless
Used my Cuda again tonight.........For the second time only and the first in like 9weeks ( for the wait) with the preformance......

Battery layout as i've posted pic's (5 and 1) seems very balanced,The modded hubs seemed ok and held up well with no breakages

The front camber linkage is alittle to angled though giving me alittle less aggresive a car than i like.......

the rear was pretty good though with it only occasionally stepping out on the corner at the end of the main straight if i lifted off the gas to much as i threw it in to a tight 120deg bend

I think the addition of anti roll bars for next week and possibly changing the front springs for a slightly softer one but with the shocks in a more up right postion will help on both counts

I had 1 MAJOR problem though my SPEEDWAY PAL steering rack has started to bind !!!!

It has worn the anodising off part of it where it's rubbing and from time to time will lock solid. At the end of my second heat i had lost all steering as it just jammed solid!?!?!?!?!?

I did get it working again by stripping it and greasing with teflon grease for the third heat but even then i felt it was jamming slightly now and again as my car steered wide on the occasional corner for no reason......

Overal i did manage a 2nd placing but to be fair the meeting was missing a number of racers, but only really 1 that would have beat me . I managed a win in one of the heats infront of the guy that won overal and as russ is a good friend when he said if it wasn't for my steering problem he'd have never have caught me it did feel kinda good

Anyone else had any problems with the rack ???

I think if i could replace the steel washers with teflon/plastic ones it'd be sorted

anyway for the first outing in quite awhile i was happy!! i will probably try a washer under the front rear wishbone mountings too, to give me ........ now is it called pro squat ?? anyway it will give me less front caster for sure and a more aggressive front end too .... all good

Looks like your having some good results with the R3
as for the Binding of the Steering Rack ALEX now makes a nice carbon fiber dust and dirt cover for the rack thats out now and also you could try to get some bearings for that steering rack to Much smoother than the Teflon bushings
-Dave
Old 07-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Looks like your having some good results with the R3
as for the Binding of the Steering Rack ALEX now makes a nice carbon fiber dust and dirt cover for the rack thats out now and also you could try to get some bearings for that steering rack to Much smoother than the Teflon bushings
-Dave
Bearings i can get no problem but i don't think that's where the problem is ...........

I feel the problem is that the rack is rocking slightly as is moves left to right and back again because it's binding on the steel washers that are above and below it.You know the 4 washers that go top and bottom of those teflon bushing..........

I also can't see how bearings can help because in this situation they can't work right as both side of the bearing would need to move in the same direction.... they would work like a steel bushing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.