Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR

Just wait till you all see whats up my sleeve
-Dave
looking forward to it...you always have something sneeky and cool to show us... and all we can do is drool...
Old 05-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I'm sure he read it...and probably have alot of catching up to do and can't reply to everyone...

Close...just trying to catch up on some reading....

-Dave
Old 05-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

looking forward to it...you always have something sneeky and cool to show us... and all we can do is drool...
Just wait till you see the Pro4 and the R3 that are in the works.....I think that some people will be shocked
-Dave
Old 05-21-2004, 02:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Dave I see you have a R2, R# and a Pro4. How do they compare to each other. I had or have a Pro4 but it is sold and getting ready to go to a new owner. How does the Cuda's stand up against the Pro4?

I ordered the Xenon Stage 2 setup from Steve at Speedtech today and alot of other stuff for the car. I ordered one of his new spools and a extra diff. Also went for some mid span arms and new 3 degree caster blocks.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm sure he read it...and probably have alot of catching up to do and can't reply to everyone...
I know, I'm giving him a hard time...catching up from the time he was gone...lol
Old 05-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wyd
Hey Dave I see you have a R2, R# and a Pro4. How do they compare to each other. I had or have a Pro4 but it is sold and getting ready to go to a new owner. How does the Cuda's stand up against the Pro4?

I ordered the Xenon Stage 2 setup from Steve at Speedtech today and alot of other stuff for the car. I ordered one of his new spools and a extra diff. Also went for some mid span arms and new 3 degree caster blocks.
The R3 is a good car out of the box... but it needs a lot of work to work well on High Bite tracks..... ( but I'm trying to get that fixed right now ) as for the R2 it's a great car.... and with a PAL chassis or a Xenon one it has great things going for it ... now as far as the Pro4 goes..... it's right up there with the Cuda on the efficent drive train...more than likely the 2 best cars that have shaft drive..... as far as handleing goes the the Pro4 and the R3 are very simmilar out of the Box for driving and performance.. ..
there are just a few things that I don't care for on the Pro4....oneway gears,knuckles and chassis tweek ..

but every car is not perfect.....

-Dave
Old 05-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
I know, I'm giving him a hard time...catching up from the time he was gone...lol
yea thanks
Old 05-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Hurry up with those project cars then Dave, things have been a little dull around here since you've been on your "vacation"

Did you manage to get to the post office?

Wyd you've made a great choice, the Cuda R2 with Xenon chassis is the best car I've had, week in week out it goes well for me. I still get a bit of stick for having the noisey car at the track though It's time I got some new gears all round and ran it in overnight
Old 05-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yea thanks
lol, anytime...

WYD, I like my Xenon R2 very much...glad I invested!
Old 05-21-2004, 02:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Thanks Dave. My Pro4 was sweet but getting parts was a total pain. Just got tired of it. Speedtech always seems to have the Cuda stuff and if not he gets it quickly.

Herminator that is great to hear. I very excited to run this car. Seems like everything I want. That a arm setup is what I really like with them mounting on a pivot ball and I like that alot. I also have all the Rayspeed springs which I also like to use so I'm ready for the Cuda and my Xenon kit.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Pretty Good Persay

It's just good to be back
-Dave
Glad to see you're back man..
Old 05-21-2004, 02:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
lol, anytime...

WYD, I like my Xenon R2 very much...glad I invested!
Very happy to see that the Xenon Stage 2 kit is a great setup to have. Everyone seems to be very happy with this conversion on their car.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah the pivot balls are good, not hing pins to bend and with the offset balls it's great to change rear toe in a couple of minutes

It's odd that parts seem to bad to get for the Pro4 in America, I don't the UK is having such a bad time, then again we do pay twice as much for parts so maybe higher profit areas get priority....
Old 05-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
......I still get a bit of stick for having the noisey car at the track though It's time I got some new gears all round and ran it in overnight
heh heh I was going to say something about your car in the video making all that ruckus but since you were the only one driving with patience and control I let it go
Old 05-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

hehe
it's quite odd because it makes it sound like the cars either no throttle or full throttle, it doesn't vary with the power, but it doesnt seem to slow my car down any. Only problem can be it's hard to hear when the motor is topping out along the straight, making getting an idea for gearing a little tricky at times, often just have to gauge it from other cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.