Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
I'll ask in the carpet champs thread..
Matt H. says...there will be plenty of tables and chairs...first come first served.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Very true, I just find it a little weird... I guess it very could be the aluminum shaft supports doing it...

Let me ask you, does the upper deck rest on the bulkheads as well as the shaft supports?
Old 01-05-2004, 12:21 PM
TC3
Tech Regular

Angry setup

back from racing last weekend, i am a littlebit disaponited, because i am still trying to find a good carpet setup for rubber tires.
the car turns in very aggressiv, and doesn't have enoug steering coming out of the corner.
too bad, u can't change the wheelbase or change camberlink position without a lot of work
Old 01-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: setup

Originally posted by TC3
back from racing last weekend, i am a littlebit disaponited, because i am still trying to find a good carpet setup for rubber tires.
the car turns in very aggressiv, and doesn't have enoug steering coming out of the corner.
too bad, u can't change the wheelbase or change camberlink position without a lot of work
I know how you feel, my race weekend was not really good. Qualified 2nd but didn't have the speed and got hit about half way through the race and the car got shut off so it's off to go through the car, clean it up, get it ready for the 31st race.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Regional Moderator

I think the best part of the weekend is when I mounted my digital camera, that takes 8 minute movies w/ sound, and made a few laps with it on the car...too funny.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You gotta upload that video, that sounds sweet!
Old 01-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Regional Moderator

You gotta upload that video, that sounds sweet!
working on it...the best was the rollovers
Old 01-05-2004, 01:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
working on it...the best was the rollovers
I really wanna see that, I've thought about doing it myself, just ruled it out because of the possibility of breaking the camera.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

I really wanna see that, I've thought about doing it myself, just ruled it out because of the possibility of breaking the camera.
We had this system at our track...very durable. survived alot of crashes...and the best part is it's only $70.00 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=44028
Old 01-05-2004, 01:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rc-zombies
We had this system at our track...very durable. survived alot of crashes...and the best part is it's only $70.00 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=44028
That is actually really cool, I may have to pick one up, looks like I could mount on the front bumper, and just cut a hole out of the front of an old body...
Old 01-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

That is actually really cool, I may have to pick one up, looks like I could mount on the front bumper, and just cut a hole out of the front of an old body...
that's one way to do it... we had some mounted in the windshield with a hole cut out of it. and we had some on the F1 from the drivers point of view...it was really cool!
Old 01-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The seller of that camera, RC Boyz is really excellent to deal with. I bought a lot of little things such as masking tape and other odds and ends and even scored a new yokomo stratus body for 10 bucks.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Regional Moderator

well, I had bubble wrap on the top and was very careful and had one other driver out there that was in on it. another went out but he was cool. I'm trying to upload it to a friend so he can put it on his site and then I'll post it. It is a very amaturish( )try and was on a whim.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the R3 pics, nice and clear and plenty of them
The washer looks like it's there so you can opt for more flex by not having a screw, which I think is a nice option. Without the extra gap for the bulkhead, if you did remove the screw you'd still have the bulkhead sitting on the chassis and rubbing on it. Spur gear and motor mesh wouldn't be effected because the motor and spur are both held by the same thing, so they'll move together.

Back from racing tonight, half the night was spent on the AGM so we got a couple of qualifiers and a final each. I was last to go in the fast heat of two, which meant I was fighting my way through the field on the first run, managed to get 3rd by the end. Second run I started 3rd so had less trouble and set a much better time, still had a few collisions with a lapped car or two but ended up 2nd for the final. Was enjoying it much more tonight as I've gone close to basics on the setup and grip was much higher thanks to sweeping and then using damp paper towels to pick up the dust. Final was fairly close but I couldn't get past a rather wide car I was trying to lap that had troubled me in qualifying too it's only a fun night, next week he's in the wall
Old 01-05-2004, 03:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rc-zombies
that's one way to do it... we had some mounted in the windshield with a hole cut out of it. and we had some on the F1 from the drivers point of view...it was really cool!
Bring it to Stockton, I'll use it in practice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.