Our paypal address is: [email protected]

Thanks guys.

Steve Wang
Old 03-25-2003, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Ask Steve

Originally posted by elnitro
I think Steve will find that verrry disturbing or maybe NOT!

Yeah' no kissing allowed

-Dave
Old 03-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

awesome Steve....ill be using paypal when i order parts cause i dont wanna rack up my credit card bills any higher then what they r now since it comes out of my checking account
Old 03-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask Steve

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yeah' no kissing allowed

-Dave
I think this is all TOO MUCH INFORMATION
Old 03-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Speedway PAL motor mount/shaft holder

Just have to bring this baby to the front page

-Dave
Old 03-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
Any idea if and when you'll be getting the alloy battery strap?

Or the clamp style wheel hex's?
.... I think he "Might" have got them in. ...Not for sure though

-Dave
Old 03-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Speedway PAL motor mount/shaft holder

Just have to bring this baby to the front page

-Dave
Iwant the blue one to go on my R2 when it gets here on Thursday I'm all goose pimply
Old 03-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask Steve

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
I think this is all TOO MUCH INFORMATION

I aggree
-Dave
Old 03-25-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Speedway PAL motor mount/shaft holder

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Iwant the blue one to go on my R2 when it gets here on Thursday I'm all goose pimply
Your not the only one !!!!!!!!!!!
I want 2 of these things so bad I can taste the Alloy
-Dave
Old 03-25-2003, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

He hasn't said no thanks yet though
Old 03-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
He hasn't said no thanks yet though
...Maybe he's to tired to put up a fight
-Dave
Old 03-26-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I'm back from a good night of racing at SoCal last night. We had two other guys out there with Barracuda, one of them is our team driver Dave (Redbullfix that you guys see posting on this thread). We didn't run pro-stock last night, instead everyone ran 19T in preparation for the up coming Reedy Race.

Dave basically went with the box stock setup (springs, long arm setup, and shock locations) and on his first time out, he put the R2 solid in the A-main (5th qualifier). Dave's car looks to have the most "zip" through the infield and amazing top speed down the straightaway. With a few small changes before the main, Dave's car was even better in the main, with a rough start, Dave actually was last (about half a track behind) and charge all the way through the field to take 3rd at the end. Great result for the first time out, Thank you Dave!

While Dave was on box stock setup, I tried out the mid-span arm, while the other driver tried out the front spool. The mid-span arm did exactly what Alex Racing intend it to do, faster transition side to side. Definitely good for small-mid size twisty tracks. I also tried out the rear hub carrier with less toe-in degree (Part number 6113) and the car definitely had more acceleration, I had to hold back the throttle through the infield because the car would take off so fast out of the turn.

We also tried out the spool unit in the front. Very good straight line acceleration, a slight push going into the turn, and it yanks the car through the turn on power. The only problem with the spool is that by nature, they are extremely harsh on the front drivetrain components (Universals joints, bones, and the spool itself) We began to wear a notch on the front spool after two runs but in a situation where you can not run a front one-way, a spool might be your next best bet.

In case you guys are wondeing...I qualified 10th again last night (seemed to have fallingin love with that spot or something...hahaha ) and because of a 7 car A-main, I was once again in the B. For me personally, the mid-span arm setup with the reduce toe rear hub carrier was a bit too much in responsiveness. I'm keeping the reduce toe rar hub carrier and going back next week with the long arms. We will also start testing some anti-roll bars and Alex springs. I do have the springs available (12different kinds) and I just have to figure them out first before I put them online for you guys.

I would also like to welcome Michal101, who is our team driver on the east coast. Along with Dave (JDM_DOHC_SiR), Michal101, Dave (Redbullfix) and myself, we should be able to help you guys out with any questions you guys might have

Thanks for reading!

Steve Wang
Old 03-26-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

I'm back from a good night of racing at SoCal last night. We had two other guys out there with Barracuda, one of them is our team driver Dave (Redbullfix that you guys see posting on this thread). We didn't run pro-stock last night, instead everyone ran 19T in preparation for the up coming Reedy Race.

Dave basically went with the box stock setup (springs, long arm setup, and shock locations) and on his first time out, he put the R2 solid in the A-main (5th qualifier). Dave's car looks to have the most "zip" through the infield and amazing top speed down the straightaway. With a few small changes before the main, Dave's car was even better in the main, with a rough start, Dave actually was last (about half a track behind) and charge all the way through the field to take 3rd at the end. Great result for the first time out, Thank you Dave!

While Dave was on box stock setup, I tried out the mid-span arm, while the other driver tried out the front spool. The mid-span arm did exactly what Alex Racing intend it to do, faster transition side to side. Definitely good for small-mid size twisty tracks. I also tried out the rear hub carrier with less toe-in degree (Part number 6113) and the car definitely had more acceleration, I had to hold back the throttle through the infield because the car would take off so fast out of the turn.

We also tried out the spool unit in the front. Very good straight line acceleration, a slight push going into the turn, and it yanks the car through the turn on power. The only problem with the spool is that by nature, they are extremely harsh on the front drivetrain components (Universals joints, bones, and the spool itself) We began to wear a notch on the front spool after two runs but in a situation where you can not run a front one-way, a spool might be your next best bet.

In case you guys are wondeing...I qualified 10th again last night (seemed to have fallingin love with that spot or something...hahaha ) and because of a 7 car A-main, I was once again in the B. For me personally, the mid-span arm setup with the reduce toe rear hub carrier was a bit too much in responsiveness. I'm keeping the reduce toe rar hub carrier and going back next week with the long arms. We will also start testing some anti-roll bars and Alex springs. I do have the springs available (12different kinds) and I just have to figure them out first before I put them online for you guys.

I would also like to welcome Michal101, who is our team driver on the east coast. Along with Dave (JDM_DOHC_SiR), Michal101, Dave (Redbullfix) and myself, we should be able to help you guys out with any questions you guys might have

Thanks for reading!

Steve Wang

Congrats' all on your outings with the Barracuda's ....but for the front Spool... you might want to try a Diff up front ..
Also good news on the Mid-Span arn Steve.. thats what I wanted to hear!!!

I also will be giving you guys up to date Race info with all my Barracuda's as soon as I get back to Japan..

-Dave
Old 03-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Lightbulb Steve-O'

What bodies are you all using on the R2's??

-Dave
Old 03-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

the Losi Alpha on mine...i like the looks for some reason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.