Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Ask Steve

Originally posted by Herminator
let the bugging commence

Hey Steve, pwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss sseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee get them in
I'm sure one of the more local cuda drivers will give you a nice big sloppy kiss if you do
I think Steve will find that verrry disturbing or maybe NOT!
Old 03-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

The parts list are up online....I'm going to bed!

Steve Wang
Old 03-25-2003, 01:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by itchynads
Macky,

Where did you get those cool battery posts for your R2???? I want some
They are off of the RCLab 7even.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

The parts list are up online....I'm going to bed!

Steve Wang
Thanks Steve.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Ask Steve

Originally posted by Herminator
let the bugging commence

Hey Steve, pwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss sseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee get them in
I'm sure one of the more local cuda drivers will give you a nice big sloppy kiss if you do
I think you better stick with peck on the cheek...lol
Old 03-25-2003, 02:14 AM
Regional Moderator

BTW, In a hurry before work, I could not find the section on the parts for the R2. Can anyone shed some light??Please?
Old 03-25-2003, 02:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Okay, so much for sleep. So I get home from work around 1:30AM, and the first thing I do is head to my work bench and began working on some of the things you guys been asking...namely, the rear toe-in.

If you use the stock setup, I believe you have around 3.5-4 degree of toe-in. Now, if you go with the rear hub carrier (or the rear knuckle as Alex Racing calls it) that is listed on our website, I believe part number A6113, it will reduce the rear toe-in to around 2.5-3 degrees.

Officially now is past 2AM...don't blame me if I don't sound all there on the phone tomorrow...

I'll be racing the car tomorrow night (or more like tonight, since it is actually morning already...) and I will be joined by two other Barracuda owners out there (their first time out) so it should be fun as always, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

IMGOINRCN,

here's a direct link to it:

http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/270.html

Zzzz...zz...z.zzzz.....
Old 03-25-2003, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the direct link

Thanks for checking the rear toe in, I take it you'll be paying another trip to StarBucks tomorrow morning

You should see my oreder when you get into work, so far it's minimal, getting near the end of the month when money runs low
Old 03-25-2003, 05:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok dumb question here...u say it has like 3.5 or so toe in in the rear...that equals 7 degrees total in the back correct?...if so...is there hubs that i can get about half that? im assuming the othe hubs r this way but im just making sure b4 i purchase them...thank you

does Speedtech accept paypal??????????
Old 03-25-2003, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Will Assocaited Springs work on this car for the shocks?

Also for carpet.... 1degree toe in is about all you need. From the looks of it you may be able to drill a hole in the chassis in the inner rear arm mount to mount the arm out more and make 1 degree of toe in. I am considering getting this car for the Winter season (I live on the East Coast) but there has to be a way to get less toe-in in the rear.

Last edited by mike_Webb; 03-25-2003 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

mike...TC3 springs are too long to work on this car...i tried that already.....lol
looks like im buying a full set of HPI 27mm springs....also......

what HPI spring is comparable to the TC3 heavy springs such as the white and yellows?????????
Old 03-25-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Just read the building tips Steve, very handy indeed, I recommend anyone who's about to build there R2 read the tips on the website first, TWICE

RideRed98 the R2 does have about 3.5 degrees rear toe in but I haven't seen people refer to it by adding both sides, you normaly just talk about the angle of one wheel from 0 degrees. This is a lot if you're running on a high grip surface but I quite like it where I run on very low grip wooden floors. Steve seems to think the spare hubs he got in are what used to be the standard ones, with less toe in, about 1 degree less from his measurements.

As far as I know Speedtech doesn't take paypal, they have the normal credit card facilities though. I've heard some bad things about paypal anyway, it seems it's no safer than any other secure online ordering.

Last night everyone at my club were very impressed at the quality of the kit, especially since it was in kit spec. Very good value for money, with parts like nitride coated shock shafts and alloy threaded shocks that many other kits would sell only as options. Expensive ones here in the UK too If I had the money I think I'd buy a second R2 as a spare I'll see how it goes over the next month or so, if it goes as well as I think it can I may contemplate selling my RC Lab so I can fund another R2, my Lab has a lot of hop ups on it though, luckily I got a bargain when I bought it
Old 03-25-2003, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by RideRed98

does Speedtech accept paypal??????????
If Steve does not take paypal, you can still use paypal (account balance only) using their virtual mastercard feature. Basically you can use paypal balance funds to purchase an item (they assign you a mastercard credit card number that is linked to your account. It is not a credit line and is free. It is intended only to let you shop online at sites that take credit cards online. Nothing is required on Steve's end as it looks like just a credit card payment on his end. I have used this successfully with other online hobby shops with great sucess. I also hope to use this shortly to buy an R2 or YokSD (oops sorry R2 loyalists ) from Steve.

more info at:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...shop-ext&flow=
Old 03-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Any idea if and when you'll be getting the alloy battery strap?

Or the clamp style wheel hex's?
Old 03-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by SpeedTech

IMGOINRCN,

here's a direct link to it:

http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/270.html

Zzzz...zz...z.zzzz.....
Thank you sir!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.