R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2003, 02:02 PM   #256
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yes, we take paypal!

Our paypal address is: [email protected]

Thanks guys.

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:05 PM   #257
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Ask Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by elnitro
I think Steve will find that verrry disturbing or maybe NOT!

Yeah' no kissing allowed

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:08 PM   #258
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 76
Send a message via AIM to RideRed98
Default

awesome Steve....ill be using paypal when i order parts cause i dont wanna rack up my credit card bills any higher then what they r now since it comes out of my checking account
RideRed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:16 PM   #259
Regional Moderator
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,307
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yeah' no kissing allowed

-Dave
I think this is all TOO MUCH INFORMATION
__________________
When all else fails, aim for the quarter panel.
Several oval and off road vehicles
and a legend car nicknamed Kidney Stone.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:36 PM   #260
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Speedway PAL motor mount/shaft holder

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Just have to bring this baby to the front page


-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:47 PM   #261
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Any idea if and when you'll be getting the alloy battery strap?

Or the clamp style wheel hex's?
.... I think he "Might" have got them in. ...Not for sure though

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:53 PM   #262
Regional Moderator
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,307
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn
Default Re: Re: Speedway PAL motor mount/shaft holder

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Just have to bring this baby to the front page


-Dave
Iwant the blue one to go on my R2 when it gets here on Thursday I'm all goose pimply
__________________
When all else fails, aim for the quarter panel.
Several oval and off road vehicles
and a legend car nicknamed Kidney Stone.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:00 PM   #263
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
I think this is all TOO MUCH INFORMATION



I aggree
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:21 PM   #264
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Speedway PAL motor mount/shaft holder

Quote:
Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Iwant the blue one to go on my R2 when it gets here on Thursday I'm all goose pimply
Your not the only one !!!!!!!!!!!
I want 2 of these things so bad I can taste the Alloy
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:23 PM   #265
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

He hasn't said no thanks yet though
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:05 PM   #266
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
He hasn't said no thanks yet though
...Maybe he's to tired to put up a fight
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 09:17 AM   #267
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

I'm back from a good night of racing at SoCal last night. We had two other guys out there with Barracuda, one of them is our team driver Dave (Redbullfix that you guys see posting on this thread). We didn't run pro-stock last night, instead everyone ran 19T in preparation for the up coming Reedy Race.

Dave basically went with the box stock setup (springs, long arm setup, and shock locations) and on his first time out, he put the R2 solid in the A-main (5th qualifier). Dave's car looks to have the most "zip" through the infield and amazing top speed down the straightaway. With a few small changes before the main, Dave's car was even better in the main, with a rough start, Dave actually was last (about half a track behind) and charge all the way through the field to take 3rd at the end. Great result for the first time out, Thank you Dave!

While Dave was on box stock setup, I tried out the mid-span arm, while the other driver tried out the front spool. The mid-span arm did exactly what Alex Racing intend it to do, faster transition side to side. Definitely good for small-mid size twisty tracks. I also tried out the rear hub carrier with less toe-in degree (Part number 6113) and the car definitely had more acceleration, I had to hold back the throttle through the infield because the car would take off so fast out of the turn.

We also tried out the spool unit in the front. Very good straight line acceleration, a slight push going into the turn, and it yanks the car through the turn on power. The only problem with the spool is that by nature, they are extremely harsh on the front drivetrain components (Universals joints, bones, and the spool itself) We began to wear a notch on the front spool after two runs but in a situation where you can not run a front one-way, a spool might be your next best bet.

In case you guys are wondeing...I qualified 10th again last night (seemed to have fallingin love with that spot or something...hahaha ) and because of a 7 car A-main, I was once again in the B. For me personally, the mid-span arm setup with the reduce toe rear hub carrier was a bit too much in responsiveness. I'm keeping the reduce toe rar hub carrier and going back next week with the long arms. We will also start testing some anti-roll bars and Alex springs. I do have the springs available (12different kinds) and I just have to figure them out first before I put them online for you guys.

I would also like to welcome Michal101, who is our team driver on the east coast. Along with Dave (JDM_DOHC_SiR), Michal101, Dave (Redbullfix) and myself, we should be able to help you guys out with any questions you guys might have

Thanks for reading!

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 10:34 AM   #268
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

I'm back from a good night of racing at SoCal last night. We had two other guys out there with Barracuda, one of them is our team driver Dave (Redbullfix that you guys see posting on this thread). We didn't run pro-stock last night, instead everyone ran 19T in preparation for the up coming Reedy Race.

Dave basically went with the box stock setup (springs, long arm setup, and shock locations) and on his first time out, he put the R2 solid in the A-main (5th qualifier). Dave's car looks to have the most "zip" through the infield and amazing top speed down the straightaway. With a few small changes before the main, Dave's car was even better in the main, with a rough start, Dave actually was last (about half a track behind) and charge all the way through the field to take 3rd at the end. Great result for the first time out, Thank you Dave!

While Dave was on box stock setup, I tried out the mid-span arm, while the other driver tried out the front spool. The mid-span arm did exactly what Alex Racing intend it to do, faster transition side to side. Definitely good for small-mid size twisty tracks. I also tried out the rear hub carrier with less toe-in degree (Part number 6113) and the car definitely had more acceleration, I had to hold back the throttle through the infield because the car would take off so fast out of the turn.

We also tried out the spool unit in the front. Very good straight line acceleration, a slight push going into the turn, and it yanks the car through the turn on power. The only problem with the spool is that by nature, they are extremely harsh on the front drivetrain components (Universals joints, bones, and the spool itself) We began to wear a notch on the front spool after two runs but in a situation where you can not run a front one-way, a spool might be your next best bet.

In case you guys are wondeing...I qualified 10th again last night (seemed to have fallingin love with that spot or something...hahaha ) and because of a 7 car A-main, I was once again in the B. For me personally, the mid-span arm setup with the reduce toe rear hub carrier was a bit too much in responsiveness. I'm keeping the reduce toe rar hub carrier and going back next week with the long arms. We will also start testing some anti-roll bars and Alex springs. I do have the springs available (12different kinds) and I just have to figure them out first before I put them online for you guys.

I would also like to welcome Michal101, who is our team driver on the east coast. Along with Dave (JDM_DOHC_SiR), Michal101, Dave (Redbullfix) and myself, we should be able to help you guys out with any questions you guys might have

Thanks for reading!

Steve Wang

Congrats' all on your outings with the Barracuda's ....but for the front Spool... you might want to try a Diff up front ..
Also good news on the Mid-Span arn Steve.. thats what I wanted to hear!!!


I also will be giving you guys up to date Race info with all my Barracuda's as soon as I get back to Japan..


-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 03:15 PM   #269
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Lightbulb Steve-O'

What bodies are you all using on the R2's??

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 03:36 PM   #270
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 76
Send a message via AIM to RideRed98
Default

the Losi Alpha on mine...i like the looks for some reason
RideRed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:23 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net